Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Everything is going to be posted on the build thread in about a week. I fly out to California on Tuesday to pick it up. Yu guys will see everything, photos, build details, dyno sheets, slips from the track
    ....if the new trans can handle all the power I might even have to update my sig to a number that starts with a 9Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge once we ramp up the power with different pulleys, but to be honest I will be contant with 800.
    I can't wait. This tight lip stuff is getting to me. I even dreamt u modified your hood so a 2.9 fits. All Steve gives me is we will have to chat soon hehe. At least my heads are on the way now and I hope your build list reads like a shopping catalogue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, I am afraid that I am starting to go with the mob my friend.

NO builder takes two years, and after reading the horror stories about M5's and other bimmers, it might be time to take a long hard look.

I really hope that you haven't wasted two+ years my friend, as I REALLY want to race this car at timmayfest!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, Airstrip event is 8 days away, is your car going to be ready? I want to kick me some E92 M3 ass
    No, I doubt it will be ready. I'm not holding my breath.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait. This tight lip stuff is getting to me. I even dreamt u modified your hood so a 2.9 fits. All Steve gives me is we will have to chat soon hehe. At least my heads are on the way now and I hope your build list reads like a shopping catalogue.
    I wonder if the hood would require modification for a 2.9 or if it could be done without. A bigger blower would be one of the main areas to look at I would think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, I am afraid that I am starting to go with the mob my friend.

NO builder takes two years, and after reading the horror stories about M5's and other bimmers, it might be time to take a long hard look.

I really hope that you haven't wasted two+ years my friend, as I REALLY want to race this car at timmayfest!!
    What will you have to race me with?

It isn't the builder who took two years. Gintani has had this car since November guys. Let's chill out...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you want to know the funniest thing of all? Weistec was not even a company when Sticky started his build....Just Sayin

I'm sure Sticky will have a wise ass answer for that little tidbit of information.
    Why? I'm proud of Weistec.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All this talk about getting the build done and going straight to the track. Is there no reason anymore for a break in period? I don't know about you guys, but if I was in sticky's position and the car just got done after a 2+yr build right on time for that event I still wouldn't take the chance just to blow it up and put it back on jacks. Atleast have some sort of break in period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    No hood modifications are needed to fit a 2.9L blower under the hood...at least not on a CLK BS none is required.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No hood modifications are needed to fit a 2.9L blower under the hood...at least not on a CLK BS none is required.
    Everyone should understand what this means.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    All this talk about getting the build done and going straight to the track. Is there no reason anymore for a break in period? I don't know about you guys, but if I was in sticky's position and the car just got done after a 2+yr build right on time for that event I still wouldn't take the chance just to blow it up and put it back on jacks. Atleast have some sort of break in period.
    LOL...engine break in, what's that? I hit the top speed limiter on my Black Series the second day I owned the car and I had it at the drag strip with 250 miles on it. I put 10k hard miles on the car since including a lot of nitrous and a blower and my leak down test I performed at about 9k miles show showroom stock compression on all cylinders. When my motor was torn down 2 months ago every internal component looked like new, like the motor had never even been run. I will be taking my brand new engine to the airstrip event in one week and to the drag strip a couple days after that. The motor will only have about 100 miles and a few dyno pull on it before its pulling redline and breaking 200mph. I can't testify to the durability of an M3 motor but 100 miles is more than enough break in for my car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Everyone should understand what this means.
    Ya, it means you would have lost if you lined up next to Earl or I LOL. Are you starting to see why we were able to significantly raise hp and toque on lower boost and the same compression? We have bigger news than a 2.9 to announce as well. Like I've been say for a couple months Sticky, when you see everything we got done on 2 cars in under 4 months you're gonna $#@! and then probably go kill somebody at SSP or Gintani and then maybe yourself when you see our dyno sheets and slips from the track.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    ???
    Earl, you're acting skills should win you an Oscar LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya, it means you would have lost if you lined up next to Earl or I LOL. Are you starting to see why we were able to significantly raise hp and toque on lower boost and the same compression? We have bigger news than a 2.9 to announce as well. Like I've been say for a couple months Sticky, when you see everything we got done on 2 cars in under 4 months you're gonna $#@! and then probably go kill somebody at SSP or Gintani and then maybe yourself when you see our dyno sheets and slips from the track.
    I felt it meant you were going to a 2.9 and that was the only implication. We'll see what happens when the cars are done and we can line them up for fun. I actually have bigger plans for a cool comparison as we have already discussed.

I will be happy for M156 development not upset. It isn't like my car will see one setup.

Jim, also, I don't think you understand as well how much power can be made with the S65 V8 either but that isn't important right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mo, how can it be wrong if it's pretty much spot on and factual information? You sound like a democrat LOL
    lol, i ALMOST repped you for that one Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In two years I've changed my mind about giving BMW boys rolls. I've grown to be more compassionate an let them pick the way they want to get slayed.

Hahaha Jim lend your transport to sticky so he can bring his car out to east coast so I can give it a pcar spanking right after your done giving him the amg spanking Click here to enlarge

Sticky props for pioneering. I find it unlikely for people to follow your footsteps because the build took such an unreasonable amount of time. Shoulda stuck to Our GTR friends choices Shep and Dodson.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    Shoulda stuck to Our GTR friends choices Shep and Dodson.
    Nobody I contacted was willing to do this project other than SSP.

Honestly, it's cool, I don't mind. Other people make a bigger deal about the time than I do. It just really bothers me others are talking down on me while they benefit instead of showing any appreciation at all. The BMW scene is filled with some retarded people. But I guess that is why they lease the car and their mods amount to changing their air filter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody I contacted was willing to do this project other than SSP.

Honestly, it's cool, I don't mind. Other people make a bigger deal about the time than I do. It just really bothers me others are talking down on me while they benefit instead of showing any appreciation at all. The BMW scene is filled with some retarded people. But I guess that is why they lease the car and their mods amount to changing their air filter.
    I enjoyed reading that.....
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL...engine break in, what's that? I hit the top speed limiter on my Black Series the second day I owned the car and I had it at the drag strip with 250 miles on it. I put 10k hard miles on the car since including a lot of nitrous and a blower and my leak down test I performed at about 9k miles show showroom stock compression on all cylinders. When my motor was torn down 2 months ago every internal component looked like new, like the motor had never even been run. I will be taking my brand new engine to the airstrip event in one week and to the drag strip a couple days after that. The motor will only have about 100 miles and a few dyno pull on it before its pulling redline and breaking 200mph. I can't testify to the durability of an M3 motor but 100 miles is more than enough break in for my car.
    i hit 135 the day i took my car out of the dealer and always drive it as hard as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bump......where the $#@! is Sticky's car??? LMAO
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This again? There's a thread on my build.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567