Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Keep up the great work Vallisov. Great contribution

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thats insane. Definately one of the best N54 contributions though. This provides the ability to completely cut out the dealer if need be. I was looking through a cylinder monitoring example last night, and you can see individual cylinder paramaters like ign, knock sensor voltage, and I forget what else. That was on the e46 platform, but exciting nonetheless. Ideally, I'd be able to log them as well and compare to what the tune spits out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Vasillov. You mean you will translate the entire INPA where it will read in English? I thought you were just going to do a PDF translation file, but to actually translate the language into the program would be the TITS!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Anyone 2008, 10/07 or later, have success with Vasil's zip file. I can connect, but can't get injector screen to display... error pops up instead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Vasillov. You mean you will translate the entire INPA where it will read in English? I thought you were just going to do a PDF translation file, but to actually translate the language into the program would be the TITS!!!

Yes yes! I am translating the MSD80.ipo file for INPA. If you look closely you can see that I've already translated the injector section. The screen in my video is all in German and the one you see currently is mostly in English.

When I am done with the translation, all you'll have to do is replace the .ipo file with the translated one and it will be all in English.

Unfortunately, this ONLY deals with the MSD80. If you want to do anything else besides that, say mess with the transmission modules, it will be all in German again, so those will need to be translated as well.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Anyone 2008, 10/07 or later, have success with Vasil's zip file. I can connect, but can't get injector screen to display... error pops up instead.

Does INPA connect at all? Do you see the Battery and Ignition lights as black or white?

Josh, my car is a 2008 model made in 10/07...

Check C:\EDIABAS\BIN\obd.ini: make sure it matches the one in C:\Windows folder and that the Com Port matches the one Windows assigned to your USB cable!
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I have a 2007 E93 and it works no problems...I had to mess around with it quite a bit though...You should look up INPA Pdf file on Frequently asked questions.. Vasillov file needed some work with my car...I had to fiddle with the INPA 6.4.3 full version from Bimmerfest and load it onto my computer via DTlite tool...I could not load up the INPA install from Vasillov zip for some reason.. Once I loaded up the Inpa 6.4.3, I transferred Vasillovs folders of INPA, EDIABAS, and NCSexper to the C: drive and deleted the ones that were installed by using the Inpa 6.4.3 program installer .Look for it at bimmerfest website...
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

You should READ this PDF file as it is was very instrumental in helping me troubleshoot my issues...
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...6&d=1315896635

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

whats the error message? Error #95 or Error 28?

All I know for my specific laptop, Vasillov's file did not work for to install the programs into my computer, but his files (INPA, EDIABAS, NCSexper) worked instead of the INPA 6.4.3 full version that was posted from the link above...What I did what swap files after the installation from 6.4.3 full. This program requires a virtual emulator which Daemon Lite is used....
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-16-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yeah, I was able to connect with battery and ign as black. I posted the error message (#100) on E90:
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=25

I only tried once though... I'll give it another try. One thing I did do is NOT have procede in map0... although people thing this matters, I have flashed Cobb, loaded maps, used BT tool all NOT in map0... just FYI for proceders. I'll try again in map0 though.

thanks for the feedback

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yeah, I was able to connect with battery and ign as black. I posted the error message (#100) on E90:
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=25

I only tried once though... I'll give it another try. One thing I did do is NOT have procede in map0... although people thing this matters, I have flashed Cobb, loaded maps, used BT tool all NOT in map0... just FYI for proceders. I'll try again in map0 though.

thanks for the feedback
    I would think the error would be that Msd81 is not supported by the files. Vasillov stated only Msd80

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I would think the error would be that Msd81 is not supported by the files. Vasillov stated only Msd80
    actually, I may have msd80... I'm a little fuzzy on this but I believe the change happened around April 08 builds. I don't know and updating the daten, INPA files seems a little tough for a puter donk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Believe me when I say I am no better than you when it comes to computers. The INPA FAQ helped me out bigtime to trouble shoot the issues. There is different path entries for each OS the computer has installed on the computer other than the entry Vasillov posted on his DIY Print it out and use as reference to troubleshoot. That's what I did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yeah, I was able to connect with battery and ign as black. I posted the error message (#100) on E90: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=25I only tried once though... I'll give it another try. One thing I did do is NOT have procede in map0... although people thing this matters, I have flashed Cobb, loaded maps, used BT tool all NOT in map0... just FYI for proceders. I'll try again in map0 though.thanks for the feedback
    I was able to check the injector coding screen in INPA in Map 1 on procede. NCSexpert however requires you be on Map 0 AND have can-clear disabled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Guys, I guess I should update the PDF: all piggies must be set in full by-pass mode!
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I ordered this cable fromTmart and it was delivered within 4 days! They are located in New Brunswick New Jersey!

http://www.tmart.com/Interface-USB-O...W_p101210.html
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-17-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ Thats a good deal 69$...bought mine 85$ from ebay, works perfect.
    Finally i've done this DIY and i have to say Thank you vassilalov, worked like a charm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    DIY PDF has been updated to reflect a few minor things. Steps are still the same though.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Ok, this is odd. I was looking for values to change in the FRM, and none of them are there? I've coded the AGB, Kombi and CAS just fine, but looking for the AE as DRL, corner delete and close mirrors with fob, no values are there. I'm a 2007 335, but I've seen guys code it no problem on the other forum. Something I'm doing wrong?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BES335xi Click here to enlarge
    ^ Thats a good deal 69$...bought mine 85$ from ebay, works perfect.
    Finally i've done this DIY and i have to say Thank you vassilalov, worked like a charm.

The DIY you posted was really detailed...great post and makes it more much clearer than the previous ones..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The DIY you posted was really detailed...great post and makes it more much clearer than the previous ones..
    thanks, was ralking to my tech, works for bmw, and i explained how and what i did and agreed thats good, just a bit further of peace of mind for me lol..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I tested my translation. It appears that I have missed a few things here and there, but for the most part, everything looks great! I plan on taking a closer look this week. Hey, its over 22,000 lines of code I have to go through. I was expecting that I missed something...
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567