Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hobbit382 Click here to enlarge
    WTF is up with that comment? makes me believe everything people say about you on the forums? And just when I thought everyone was being a bunch of haters... That comment deserves an apology.

I agree that is focked up big time. This is cars no need to get personal. WTFClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Here is my question. OP what psi were you running at the track, and were you running pump fuel or meth/pump, or race or what? I trapped a 123mph on 10psi with my e36. It also had a gt35r, so I'm sure it would have better area under the curve. I wonder why no 1 has used say a gt4088 turbo, or a gt4094 on the s54 motors. I would how those combo's would work out?

I believe Jason @ ProEFI is running a GT40.. can't remember which model exactly though. He hasn't taken it to the strip yet though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I believe Jason @ ProEFI is running a GT40.. can't remember which model exactly though. He hasn't taken it to the strip yet though.

Any graphs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any graphs?
    This was at 7PSI with the completely oem fuel system which was running out at about 6krpm. The engine is stock. He's rebuilding the engine with a lower compression right now.. but he's taking his sweet time.. lol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    This was at 7PSI with the completely oem fuel system which was running out at about 6krpm. The engine is stock. He's rebuilding the engine with a lower compression right now.. but he's taking his sweet time.. lol

http://72.167.62.188/Downloads/9psi E46M3 dyno.JPG
    That seems pretty sick for 7 psi. I don't understand why most e46 dudes are not running them. I myself have been thinking about running 1 in my car just because the amount of power made per psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That seems pretty sick for 7 psi. I don't understand why most e46 dudes are not running them. I myself have been thinking about running 1 in my car just because the amount of power made per psi.
    You'll see alot more of them as people start to fabricate their own kits and more competition enters the market. Its always been Precision, Precision, Precision because thats what came with the HPF kits. There's probably 100-120 HPF M3's on the road, and maybe only a handful of non-hpf Turbo E46 M3's out there.. Most of which just came together in the last year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    couple things confuse me:
    first, hpf claims the 6765 gets pushed out of its efficiency range on the lower compression built motors (stage 2.5), which is why we see a drop off in power towards the top end which reaches ~700rwhp at best.
    then we see the lime green m3's dyno running the same turbo. same exhaust manifold, just different intake pushing 800 w/a dramatically decreased drop off at the top end?

second... this tune is at 28psi on the 6765 which is 5over the hpf high boost tune for this turbo/motor and jason is claiming this is still a conservative tune?

my AC crapped out... time to ditch that $#@!!

what did you guys use inplace of the pinched CF intake? just a 4" pipe now that the ac is gone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looking at hte dyno again... it looks like the optimal rpm shift points for this setup are almost identical to a stage 2.5 as well which does elude to the efficiency issue of the 6765 onna low comp s54.

does anyone know the optimal shift points for the 6766 yet? are they pushed further towards 8000rpm?
    seems like such a waste to short shift an s motor!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    looking at hte dyno again... it looks like the optimal rpm shift points for this setup are almost identical to a stage 2.5 as well which does elude to the efficiency issue of the 6765 onna low comp s54.

does anyone know the optimal shift points for the 6766 yet? are they pushed further towards 8000rpm?
    seems like such a waste to short shift an s motor!
    Which turbo are you running again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not cool. Come on man, you were complaining people here were too harsh. Well, you are doing what you complained about. Not cool at all.
    At some point.. when you have some jerk wad $#@!ting in almost every thread you post, on just about every forum you go too.. at some point it just gets old.

Funkyboy has been $#@!ting in my threads as far back as when I had my VF kit. I stand by my comments.. ugly or not because I just don't give a F*** anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Which turbo are you running again?
    cast 6765

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    At some point.. when you have some jerk wad $#@!ting in almost every thread you post, on just about every forum you go too.. at some point it just gets old.

Funkyboy has been $#@!ting in my threads as far back as when I had my VF kit. I stand by my comments.. ugly or not because I just don't give a F*** anymore.
    forget about it. i think there is an ignore option on this forum.

i just want to discuss tuning on the lime green car!

what does the intake consist of now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That previous jerkwad you might have been referring to got butthurt and ran away after I called him on it.

Not to mention chad you can ask me to remove a member from posting in your threads if it is necessary. The ability to do that yourself is in progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    forget about it. i think there is an ignore option on this forum.

i just want to discuss tuning on the lime green car!

what does the intake consist of now?
    Yes lets do that without insults.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That previous jerkwad you might have been referring to got butthurt and ran away after I called him on it.

Not to mention chad you can ask me to remove a member from posting in your threads if it is necessary. The ability to do that yourself is in progress.
    its ok sticky, he is right...i never liked him, not when he had vf, not when he went hpf, and not now or ever.....let him drag my family life into it...but i will retaliate
    Last edited by Funkboy316; 01-26-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i just want to discuss tuning on the lime green car! what does the intake consist of now?
    Not to mention chad you can ask me to remove a member from posting in your threads if it is necessary.
    Yeah I would love for him to be removed my from my threads.

The changes made to the car are as follows:

1. Swapped the billet PT7175 for a billet PT6765. We discussed other turbo options and in the end everyone seemed to think the PT6765 was the way to go. Since then however, the new PT6766 seems to be considered the better option. We did consider other turbo's, but according to Jason experience he didn't think the other other turbo's would achieve what I was looking for.

2. We ditched the restrictive HPF intake. First the air filter on the HPF kit is very small. Hell, it's not much bigger than the air filter on a VW bug. A full sized 4" intake with a full size air filter was used. Since my car does not have AC it was an easy task to accomplish. Jason feels the larger sized intake was worth 50 HP alone.

3. We ditched HPF's oiling return system for the turbo. It has the pump basically scavenging oil out of the turbo. This does not allow the turbo to gravity drain like it was designed to do. Chris commented that they burned up several PT6765's, well it was probably due to the poorly designed oiling system. SAAD racing built a sump for the turbo to drain into, and then oil in the sump is pumped back into the oil pan. That allows the turbo to drain properly as designed.

Other than those three things, plus the addition of the ProEFI EMS, nothing else has been done. The HPF Stage 3 fuel system is not adequate for use with the E85 at high boost, so we do not have those numbers. Obviously more could probably be squeezed out with a 100% race fuel tune.

Bottom line, Chris publicly stated they did not get good results from the PT6765. He also publicly felt the best way to obtain faster ET's was with a bigger turbo. Anyone remember the Stage 5 attempt? I disagreed the entire time and felt a smaller turbo would benefit the S54 more, not a larger one.

Jason hasn't posted the time slip, but he did post the results:

60' - 1.9332
    330' - 5.1665
    660' - 7.5618
    660 MPH - 102.58
    1000' - 9.5174
    1320 E.T. - 11.2559
    1320 MPH - 133.18

When you watch the video it's very clear the car was not launched hard. Compare the launch with the ones HPF had been doing, factor in the weight difference and it becomes pretty clear who is getting closer to breaking 10's. Folks seem to forget, HPF had been pursuing faster ET's for several weeks.. if not months. This was my cars very first time down the track. The weight difference alone probably puts my car technically a good tenth or two faster than HPF's fastest time.

I think it's clear who the better tuner is... One last thing.. that time was achieved at 22 PSI.. 1 PSI less than what they run on the PT7175. I also imagine they probably cranked the boost up a little higher over thier production kits.
    Last edited by ccsykes; 01-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    but since he wants to drag wifes into it....how bout i post up the pics of his wife giving blowies in the mfest parking garage?
    I'm not married. Besides I went to Mfest by myseslf.

Funky's the kind of guy Mitt Romney calls envious. Just because your life is a train wreck doesn't mean you have to be an asshat to people who do have their $#@! together.

Remember when you bashed me for selling my car for just $65K? Saying I must be going broke and then making other rude comments? Well guess what.. now your car is up for sale for a smoking price of $35K cause you are going through a divorce.

Most people would call that karma.. They say rudeness is just a weak mans imitation of strength. Based on your history of bashing people.. I'd say you must be a pretty sad little man with huge confidence issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not married. Besides I went to Mfest by myseslf.

Funky's the kind of guy Mitt Romney calls envious. Just because your life is a train wreck doesn't mean you have to be an asshat to people who do have their $#@! together.
    envious of what, a blow hard............no
    Remember when you bashed me for selling my car for just $65K? Saying I must be going broke and then making other rude comments? Well guess what.. now your car is up for sale for a smoking price of $35K cause you are going through a divorce.
    id rather give her half of 35k than half of the 120k her lawyer is valueing the car at

Most people would call that karma.. They say rudeness is just a weak mans imitation of strength. Based on your history of bashing people.. I'd say you must be a pretty sad little man with huge confidence issues.
    if you want to see my "imitation" of strength....houston isnt that far, i can deffinetly come demostrate it for you
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you want to see my "imitation" of strength....houston isnt that far, i can deffinetly come demostrate it for you
    Thanks, you just proved my point...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i can do this all night

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Funkboy316; 01-26-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i can do this all night
    Cheating your wife out of the asset value of your car... sounds like a real cordial divorce you got going. Must be sad living with so much hate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cheating your wife out of the asset value of your car... sounds like a real cordial divorce you got going. Must be sad living with so much hate.
    no hate, she gets some cash and i get to keep my kids......im getting what i want out of the deal.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what must be sad is spending so much money on a car to not get any enjoyment out of it.......i enjoyed my car for YEARS.............you sold yours because you couldnt afford groceries
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what must be sad is spending so much money on a car to not get any enjoyment out of it.......i enjoyed my car for YEARS.............you sold yours because you couldnt afford groceries
    I can't afford groceries? lulz. I sold the car because my plans for it fell through (Redline went bankrupt) and I simply lost interest in it as a result. In regards to your "couldn't afford groceries" comment; money really is the least of my concerns. You'll have to try harder if you are trying to find a tender spot to rub.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Honestly if i was *Funkboy* and I were to meet you in person I would knock you the fock out. Its that simple. Sticky I would lock this thread, and tell the OP to restart the thread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast