Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    It did about 100 ftlbs more and over 120+ HP across the entire band up to about 7,000 RPM. You can compare to one of the Stage 3 dyno's on their web site. They are all about the same.
    I see but do you have an overlay from your car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see but do you have an overlay from your car?
    The best I could come up with.. I scaled them best I could relative to each other. As you can see, it's a completely different strategy in engine ouput.

Also keep in mind, this is a PT6765 @ 28 PSI, not a PT7175 @ 23 PSI

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The best I could come up with.. I scaled them best I could relative to each other. As you can see, it's a completely different strategy in engine ouput.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ykes/dyno2.png
    Tough to tell a bit but you clearly have a larger torque number from what I see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    excellent powerband for a street car, relatively speeking. your numbers at the strip show you're making good average power too, and *should* be faster than the competitor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for sharing your new results.

I think what is very common when interpreting dyno results is just focussing on the peak power. What I like is that you are striving to improve power throughout the whole power band! I bet that drastically increased torque has got to be a ton of fun to drive!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    he doesnt have a best time.......he doesnt run the car, just his mouth
    If someone is running his mouth then it is you HPF fanboy.

Please make another cartoon fanboy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    excellent powerband for a street car, relatively speeking. your numbers at the strip show you're making good average power too, and *should* be faster than the competitor.
    Yeah, the car still has a good 8 PSI of boost on the table and 100% race fuel or ethanol. I wouldn't be surprised the car is capable of some mid 10's to be honest.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for sharing your new results.

I think what is very common when interpreting dyno results is just focussing on the peak power. What I like is that you are striving to improve power throughout the whole power band! I bet that drastically increased torque has got to be a ton of fun to drive!
    Yeah, my complaint was the power band. It was quite noticeable when I first drove the car. Of course when I brought the subject up I was ridiculed and all the bashing started. I tried pointing out the fact that I had years experience in drag racing, but that was just shot down as me "running my mouth".

Well.. I'm glad a few folks can tell the difference between a dyno plot of a real performance car and a dyno queen.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    If someone is running his mouth then it is you HPF fanboy
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tough to tell a bit but you clearly have a larger torque number from what I see.
    you can clearly see the cross at 5250 on both charts, at which point Chad's car is making around 100whp and torque more. Crosses north of 700whp around 5300rpm, compared with 61-6200. Kisses 800'nchange at 6500, at which point is has a 60+hp advantage.

This works to compare quiet well. The HPF dyno is in 1krpm increments whereas the proefi dyno is 500rpm. Find 5250 and compare appropriately.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    you can clearly see the cross at 5250 on both charts, at which point Chad's car is making around 100whp and torque more. Crosses north of 700whp around 5300rpm, compared with 61-6200. Kisses 800'nchange at 6500, at which point is has a 60+hp advantage.
    Yes, you can see it just not as clean as an overlay but yep, agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes, you can see it just not as clean as an overlay but yep, agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    If someone is running his mouth then it is you HPF fanboy.

Please make another cartoon fanboy.
    ok will do!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ccykes I really like your car..

I have a question though. You said the HPF motor felt sluggish, but from looking at the graphs they have practically identically shaped powerbands. What makes you think the new tune is less sluggish if the spool up profile is the same? I am sure the increase in power is noticeable, but the power delivery seems to be identical.

Also, with this new build, did you go to a smaller turbo?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! Get me a slip and the exact specs of the car on the run. Tune, boost, fuel, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    ccykes I really like your car..

I have a question though. You said the HPF motor felt sluggish, but from looking at the graphs they have practically identically shaped powerbands. What makes you think the new tune is less sluggish if the spool up profile is the same? I am sure the increase in power is noticeable, but the power delivery seems to be identical.

Also, with this new build, did you go to a smaller turbo?
    you forget that your asking him a question he just cant answer.....he has no idea how the car drives now, he;s never driven it now for about a year...........its like you sending me your car and 100k and me telling you i made it faster so you spew it all over the internet........
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    you forget that your asking him a question he just cant answer.....he has no idea how the car drives now, he;s never driven it now for about a year...........its like you sending me your car and 100k and me telling you i made it faster so you spew it all over the internet........
    Some of us can look at a Dyno graph and see the difference. I identified the problem, I consulted with people about ways to address the problem and changes were made to the car. The dyno results and the track results speak for themselves. Anyone with any experience in drag racing or building performance cars can understand the accomplishment that was made here. You just want to turn this into a personal attack because that's all you can do at this point.

I came to the conclusion that the car needed a smaller turbo to improve spool and torque. Chris from HPF disagreed with me and went the opposite direction and chose a bigger turbo (Stage 5) in the pursuit of faster ET's. The dyno results of the HPF Stage 5 were abysmal at best with a power curve less than 1K wide. It was so bad in fact that talk about the Stage 5 turned into nothing but the sound of crickets..

Meanwhile, my 3850 lbs race weight convertible ran just two tenths slower than HPF all time best ET. We all know HPF spent quite a bit of time trying to achieve faster ET's. My car, on its very first pass.. technically went faster than HPF's when you factor weight. The car still has ALOT left on the table since it technically was not running the highest boost setting, or race fuel/ethanol.

So you can continue with the personal attacks.. but in the end my theory was proven and HPF's theory of a larger turbo failed.

As for people who drop checks for their cars I wouldn't be running my mouth. At least I built my car from the ground up once already before deciding to let a shop finish it up. I'd be willing to bet you don't even change your own oil.

Sucks about your divorce though.. I imagine if you are as much an $#@! IRL as you are on these forums, I could see why she didn't want to stick around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I have a question though. You said the HPF motor felt sluggish, but from looking at the graphs they have practically identically shaped powerbands.
    The power bands are completely different. I don't have a perfect overlay, but if you look at various points along both graphs you will see a huge difference. And yes, I went with the smaller PT6765. It's the billet version of the turbo HPF was using on its stage 1 through 2.5's. The same turbo Chris claimed didn't make good power. Guess he was wrong huh? lol.

Congrats! Get me a slip and the exact specs of the car on the run. Tune, boost, fuel, etc.
    The only info I have was the run was done at 22 PSI with a mix of race fuel and pump gas. I don't have the time slip as the car is at ProEFI's shop. I have since sold the car, so if the new owner wishes to share more detailed info he can once he takes possession.

I was building the car for Redline but they went bankrupt, that killed any ROI I was hoping for so I decided to sell the car. It would have just become a bottomless money pit without advertising money coming in. In business you loose some and you win some..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    uhhh all that work and you sold the car before running it all out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    uhhh all that work and you sold the car before running it all out?
    Yeah.. the car has been in some shop for almost a year and a half now. Since then I've begun to pursue other interests.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice results. That area under the curve is amazing. To think, you didn't run full race fuel or e85. There seems to be a lot left on the table.

Congrats to you and Proefi! The new owner is getting a great car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some of us can look at a Dyno graph and see the difference. I identified the problem, I consulted with people about ways to address the problem and changes were made to the car. The dyno results and the track results speak for themselves. Anyone with any experience in drag racing or building performance cars can understand the accomplishment that was made here. You just want to turn this into a personal attack because that's all you can do at this point.

I came to the conclusion that the car needed a smaller turbo to improve spool and torque. Chris from HPF disagreed with me and went the opposite direction and chose a bigger turbo (Stage 5) in the pursuit of faster ET's. The dyno results of the HPF Stage 5 were abysmal at best with a power curve less than 1K wide. It was so bad in fact that talk about the Stage 5 turned into nothing but the sound of crickets..

Meanwhile, my 3850 lbs race weight convertible ran just two tenths slower than HPF all time best ET. We all know HPF spent quite a bit of time trying to achieve faster ET's. My car, on its very first pass.. technically went faster than HPF's when you factor weight. The car still has ALOT left on the table since it technically was not running the highest boost setting, or race fuel/ethanol.

So you can continue with the personal attacks.. but in the end my theory was proven and HPF's theory of a larger turbo failed.

As for people who drop checks for their cars I wouldn't be running my mouth. At least I built my car from the ground up once already before deciding to let a shop finish it up. I'd be willing to bet you don't even change your own oil.

Sucks about your divorce though.. I imagine if you are as much an $#@! IRL as you are on these forums, I could see why she didn't want to stick around.

shows how much you know about me...........i did all the work on my car except the motor/ turbo and diff........everything else was done in my driveway on jackstands. i do all my own maintanance tyvm

and thru all of this as much as i despise you i have never said anything about your wife and/or family...so that just shows that my opinion of you is dead on..........but if you want to play that way i surely can too............and for the record she didnt file, i did.
    Last edited by Funkboy316; 01-25-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is my question. OP what psi were you running at the track, and were you running pump fuel or meth/pump, or race or what? I trapped a 123mph on 10psi with my e36. It also had a gt35r, so I'm sure it would have better area under the curve. I wonder why no 1 has used say a gt4088 turbo, or a gt4094 on the s54 motors. I would how those combo's would work out?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not nice.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only info I have was the run was done at 22 PSI with a mix of race fuel and pump gas. I don't have the time slip as the car is at ProEFI's shop.
    I wanted to detail the record for the faster cab on the front page so I need a slip to do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not cool. Come on man, you were complaining people here were too harsh. Well, you are doing what you complained about. Not cool at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    WTF is up with that comment? makes me believe everything people say about you on the forums? And just when I thought everyone was being a bunch of haters... That comment deserves an apology.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast