Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Lol someone got burned

Again!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    He and every one of his customers would be better off if he got a new attitude...
    You mean the pompous cocky $#@! you I'm better despite being wrong sales tactic doesn't work?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Regardless of pricing of this pump which Visnhu is charging, rapid compression fittings are the best solution to a leak free connection. Terry you can't blame these fittings strip the pump plastic threads from what it seems as incompetent DIYers that have caused the issue themselves. If anything to prevent this from happening, You should have had your guys at the shipping department already have these fittings installed on the pump already before delivery. That would solve all stripping issues you speak of. I am in no way defending Shiv, just stating the obvious

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Concur that compression fittings are ideal as everyone already knows. I'm most curious about this pump resolving "fluid hammering against the FAV" and "more consistant flow" etc. Is Shiv admitting that PWM (say rev 1) has these issues, distributed to everyone who bought a kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    I'll make this quick....

No sir. I suggest you try us the Aquamist fitting like several thousand others have. I'll post pics on e90post since i can't post here. I've already explained whey they are incapable of stripping threads. Again, this is because the seal is created by a rubber (not teflon) o-ring. And the threads are straight-cut, not tapered.

You were misinformed. Test it yourself. If a valve were to "blow open" at 150psi, there would be some pretty serious functionality issues with a methanol system. The reason the pressure is set at 180psi is to improve the response time of the valve since it is designed to open against the direction of pressure. I'm sure you learned a thing or two about the importance of having a fast acting valve when you tried to meter flow using your off-the-shelf valve. And we all know how that turned out. You can order an Aquamist valve and this this yourself. Just make sure your testing procedure is a bit better than what you did when testing their flow meter. Now that was funny. You said it didn't work properly when you tested it. Yet know you say it's probably your "favorite stand alone failsafe".

And since water isn't compressible, perhaps you can explain the "pressure drop at various duty cycles"? Sounds like someone needs to brush up on their fluid dynamics. Hint: Injection pressure remains constant regardless of DC%.

There is no real-world downside to reducing the amount of meth bypassed on an intermittent duty pump application. There simply isn't enough heat generated in a system when the pump only activates under engine load. For a constant duty application, a variable pump speed (but fixed pressure) application would certainly be ideal. But that would require a bit extra expense/complexity (pressure sensor, additional electronics, etc,.) Also, for a fun experiment, you should measure your bypass volume when your pump at a min of just 30% DC. Hint: It's flowing nearly 70% of it's max capacity. And at 50%, it's flowing nearly 90% of max. This is because these pumps are grossly oversized for your application. And the only reason you are running them is because a better matched smaller pump would run too hot at 200psi.

Actually, our pump is proprietary to us. Try ordering one. Terry, I'll admit to never offering the cheapest product. That has never been my primary objective. Which is why we have had a perfectly functional meth system for quite some time while you are still talking about meth leaks and broken pump head threads.

Cheers,
    shiv
    Haha, really? Perfectly functional meth kit? I've seen way too many help-me threads regarding your kit on e90post than I'd want to count. This goes to prove they can't reach out to you guys for help.

Let's not count that pos labonte flow sensor included in your original meth kit that you graciously swept under the rug. Your compensation was the ability to buy another am flow sensor "at cost".

I feel sorry for the sucker who pays $245 for this "proprietary" pump. Can I buy the Vishnu sticker for a dollar?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

ps. just posted up (on e90post) a detailed pic of the Aquamist compression fittings. Compare them to the Camozzi bits Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the photos. As expected, it's a standard 3/8" straight cut metal fitting that someone has placed an oring over. It will strip out the threads on the pump side. Also, I'd suggest using a one piece design rather than an 1/8" fitting in to the 3/8" to 1/8" fitting. Cleaner, more reliable, and more cost effective.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

instead of posting up misleading/untrue information for folks on this forum to accept without question
    ROFLMA! wow, what hypocracy! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Regardless of pricing of this pump which Visnhu is charging, rapid compression fittings are the best solution to a leak free connection. Terry you can't blame these fittings strip the pump plastic threads from what it seems as incompetent DIYers that have caused the issue themselves. If anything to prevent this from happening, You should have had your guys at the shipping department already have these fittings installed on the pump already before delivery. That would solve all stripping issues you speak of. I am in no way defending Shiv, just stating the obvious
    I agree but when it happens it becomes your problem as the vendor. Just like any leak also becomes your problem. So we try to optimize things as much as possible. The number of stripped pump threads was extremely high compared to the number of fitting leaks at the pump. Actually I've never had a single molded fitting pump leak. So it was an easy decision for us from a customer service and business perspective. If he screws the fittings in for the customers and tells them not to touch them, it will greatly help the issue.

And again this is not to say everything is perfect with these pumps even if the molded fittings are used. I've had two customers recently report a lower flow rate out of them after a year or year and a half of use. So I understand trying new options and looking for additional innovations. But at it stands right now the 5800 w/ molded fittings is the best all around option out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Terry-- While group-hypnosis is effective, I think you are misleading yourself into thinking that the custom Aquamist fittings are bound to strip threads and cause the same issues you've seem with the off-the-shelf Camozzi fittings. Maybe you should test them yourself to satisfy your curiosity. We both know it wouldn't be first time. These fittings would only add another $60 of cost to your kit. If you're nice to him, Richard L. will probably sell them to you. Or you can bite the bullet, find a machine shop and get a run of a few thousand made for you and your customers. That may be more fruitful than this waste of time.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this thread needs a little bit of a chuckle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

lol some of the $#@! that spills over from e90post to this forum is always quite entertaining

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TerryBMS Click here to enlarge
    And again this is not to say everything is perfect with these pumps even if the molded fittings are used. I've had two customers recently report a lower flow rate out of them after a year or year and a half of use. So I understand trying new options and looking for additional innovations. But at it stands right now the 5800 w/ molded fittings is the best all around option out there.
    Replace the rubber diaphragm in the bypass assembly. Takes 2 minutes and cost next to nothing assuming Aquatec will provide you with extras. The reason the pumps flow less over time is because the original diagram deforms gradually which makes it increasingly difficult for the pump to hold pressure. When you remove it, you'll see a pencil eraser sizes imprint on it. It needs to be flat. If you need replacement diaphragms, let me know.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Lol someone got burned

Again!
    Yup poor Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 Click here to enlarge
    Yup poor Terry
    ummmmmmm, hmmm...don't really think we're talking about the same guy lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol I know I was just playin around. But from what I read it did look like Terry got owned on this one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Replace the rubber diaphragm in the bypass assembly. Takes 2 minutes and cost next to nothing assuming Aquatec will provide you with extras. The reason the pumps flow less over time is because the original diagram deforms gradually which makes it increasingly difficult for the pump to hold pressure. When you remove it, you'll see a pencil eraser sizes imprint on it. It needs to be flat. If you need replacement diaphragms, let me know.

Shiv
    I suggested inspecting/replacing the assembly to one of the customers last week, hopefully he tries it out. Would be less expensive than replacing a $130 pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

My aquatec 5800 pump that came with the coolingmist kit has really gotten weak to a point where the pump on its own, even without nozzles, will not pump more than 900-950ml/min flow tested to a bucket...a DO14 nozzle on it and it flows about 720-740ml/min...i've opened the head on mine, there was a bunch of plastic tubing stripped $#@! in there that was blocking the flow which i've cleaned out which helped get some of the flow back but its still bad...i saw about 4 seals in there, 3 on the top of the triangular plastic piece and i think one on the bottom, don't remember...all the seals looked good (not torn) but probably shrunk a bit over the 2-2.5 years i've had the pump/kit which isn't really visible to the naked eye...didn't have any place here local to order new seals and try so naturally a new pump is on order..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

LOL some of these guys are fanboys to the very end. At least until their cars are broken down on the side of the road and Vishnu stops answering their phone calls and emails. Shiv posts an update and they search for reasons to be excited about and/or buy it... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    LOL some of these guys are fanboys to the very end. At least until their cars are broken down on the side of the road and Vishnu stops answering their phone calls and emails. Shiv posts an update and they search for reasons to be excited about and/or buy it... Click here to enlarge
    To be fair, its like that in both camps...many people just get $#@! as its something new...the problem is to never question anything a tuner says, treat them like God, get suckered into dumbass marketing campaigns like a kid in a candy store and not use their brain much...people take modifying as a hobby and then don't do anything about it really except just buying new parts and having someone else install/figure $#@! out for them Click here to enlarge that is not being enthusiastic about anything except just burning through cash

guess we're not all built the same way, and i'm glad, it'd be pretty damn boring otherwise

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 Click here to enlarge
    lol I know I was just playin around. But from what I read it did look like Terry got owned on this one.
    Logic would support that assessment. But logic doesn't prevail here as this thread so clearly demonstrates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Logic would support that assessment. But logic doesn't prevail here as this thread so clearly demonstrates.
    repped +100 for further brain washing...great job!

logic would also say that PWM meth kits on this particular car are worthless due to DME's ability to adjust fuel through injection timing instantly and that regular and cheaper PPS kits work just as effectively at providing IAT/knock suppression...but hey, i'm sure i'm not logical enough for your standards, i just go by what i see happening in the real world instead of what someone tells their current and potential customers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

What are you so angry about Dzenno?

And btw, logic would support the idea of having a meth injection system that has a wide dynamic range. And is capable of keeping fuel trims stable regardless of load index. If you don agree, that's fine. Maybe one day you will. Either way, I just don't see the reason to getemotional about it. It's a hobby not a religion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

What are you so angry about Dzenno?
    is that a rhetorical question? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No I just find it funny that you try to post up this and rip Shiv and make a big show about it so you can keep your customers thinking your kit is the one to have. Then when Shiv responds with much much much more knowledge than you on the subject and you casually deflect it and act like nothing happened. I read this and laugh at it because you are the one that seriously takes the time out of your day to try to cut Shiv down. It is just sad. You do this because Richard L. will not sell you the quality equipment. So your only resort is to try to cut Shiv down because you yourself cannot get the better equipment. That is why I said poor Terry. I feel bad for you that's all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

is that a rhetorical question? lol
    No, I'm actually curious as to what possesses you to waste as much time as you do trying to insult me at any given opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the attention. And it does provide me and the guys will laughs at times. But it does get to a point when we feel a little creeped out. And no, you're not alone and get positive reinforcement from others who are similarly obsessed. Terry I can understand because this is his living. But you, Laloosh, Themyst, sticky, etc might want to find more constructive hobbies. Or at least just focus on what makes you happy, not angry.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast