Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would wait get Aquamist T-fitting. Jeff emailed me yesterday and confirmed that he can make one work for 1/4 meth lines

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Why not use an extra boost switch that's adjusted high (~14 psi) to operate that extra WOT solenoid?
    thats what i had.

Myst, your really not going to need a dual nozzle setup. at most a DO12 or 14 and thats at 18psi+ on turbo's equal or better than RBs. i had mine not reach full flow until 17 psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM I thought you ran dual cm10s? I'm on a single DO14 at the moment waiting to play around and see how it turns out..my pump was clogged with plastic line $#@! inside, opened the top of it yesterday first time, cleaned out the crap and put it back together...my pump on its own, open hose no nozzle, wouldn't flow more than 800/1000ccm, add a nozzle or flow sensor, it'd flow even less...now it's finally back to normal it seems
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Even running 19 psi my trims are neg with cobb /jb4 with 650 ml/min. If i run a dual nozzle (1050 ml) my engine bogs like hell and missfires. With cobb there is NO need to inject $#@! loads of meth since fueling is there.
    So based on what you're saying, I don't even need the second nozzle? I doubt i'd make the power you're making anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    So based on what you're saying, I don't even need the second nozzle? I doubt i'd make the power you're making anyway.
    you know how it is...go big and then go down to what you need based on timing/trims/afr
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even running 19 psi my trims are neg with cobb /jb4 with 650 ml/min. If i run a dual nozzle (1050 ml) my engine bogs like hell and missfires. With cobb there is NO need to inject $#@! loads of meth since fueling is there.
    Can you show me?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Can you show me?
    I might have given wrong info there, i checked my logs on 1 nozzle and fuel trims are like this:

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    This is with jb4 FP at 0 so COBB fueling only and 1 jet 650 ml/min. I am pretty sure if you up the FP to 50 trims will go 0.

I need to dig out some logs on 2 nozzles but since it missfired pretty much every pull i just switched the power mode on mostly.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    LM I thought you ran dual cm10s? I'm on a single DO14 at the moment waiting to play around and see how it turns out..my pump was clogged with plastic line $#@! inside, opened the top of it yesterday first time, cleaned out the crap and put it back together...my pump on its own, open hose no nozzle, wouldn't flow more than 800/1000ccm, add a nozzle or flow sensor, it'd flow even less...now it's finally back to normal it seems
    i had that a long time ago, i since went to one single do14. then later, not long ago i went to a true dual meth setup, do 14 and cm10.

there is such a thing as too much meth, especially once it started getting colder out and the meth had less time to atomize.

the only valid reason as i see it to run a dual setup, is if you want to maximize cooling and octane, so instead of using say 1 10 in post fmic location you could run 1 5 post fmic, and 1 5 pre TB, or some cinfiguration like that so you stll get the same flow, but dispersed to get best effects.

I would take a bet that runnin a cm10 + any other nozzle, your total flow, if you actually measure it out, will not change to equvilent cc's if its coming from the same line line and just split off

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I might have given wrong info there, i checked my logs on 1 nozzle and fuel trims are like this:

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    This is with jb4 FP at 0 so COBB fueling only and 1 jet 650 ml/min. I am pretty sure if you up the FP to 50 trims will go 0.

I need to dig out some logs on 2 nozzles but since it missfired pretty much every pull i just switched the power mode on mostly.
    Thanks for sharing. I wonder why it misfired, mine never has. Fuel trims have never been anything I worried over to be honest. I will see how they look in my next logs.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i had that a long time ago, i since went to one single do14. then later, not long ago i went to a true dual meth setup, do 14 and cm10.

there is such a thing as too much meth, especially once it started getting colder out and the meth had less time to atomize.

the only valid reason as i see it to run a dual setup, is if you want to maximize cooling and octane, so instead of using say 1 10 in post fmic location you could run 1 5 post fmic, and 1 5 pre TB, or some cinfiguration like that so you stll get the same flow, but dispersed to get best effects.

I would take a bet that runnin a cm10 + any other nozzle, your total flow, if you actually measure it out, will not change to equvilent cc's if its coming from the same line line and just split off
    True. Mine is not a true dual. It splits after the solenoid.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like USPS owes Terry a refund Click here to enlarge Guaranteed delivery lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for sharing. I wonder why it misfired, mine never has. Fuel trims have never been anything I worried over to be honest. I will see how they look in my next logs.
    my theory without any actual proof is that if you go negative really fast and prolonged time the ECU will throw a missfire. I noticed for example running stage 1 that the more boost you add on top with jb4 the better the car goes on meth. When the streets are clear again i will do more testing and post logs.
    I will also try to replace the Snow power nozzle with a smaller one (175), now i have 1x 375 (650 ml) and 1x 225 (400 ml).
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my theory without any actual proof is that if you go negative really fast and prolonged time the ECU will throw a missfire. I noticed for example running stage 1 that the more boost you add on top with jb4 the better the car goes on meth. When the streets are clear again i will do more testing and post logs.
    I will also try to replace the Snow power nozzle with a smaller one (175), now i have 1x 375 (650 ml) and 1x 225 (400 ml).
    Oh okay. And are you sure you are making less power when the ECU is pulling a little fuel? Have you calculated the meth/fuel ratio?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would get this T-fitting from Aquamist..Compression fitting FTW!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have never misfired either with a M10 and M7 nozzle spraying at temps around 30 degrees which I just did this morning...I consistently see fuel trims in the negative integers though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I have never misfired either with a M10 and M7 nozzle spraying at temps around 30 degrees which I just did this morning...I consistently see fuel trims in the negative integers though.
    Do we have proof that this results in loss of power?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Do we have proof that this results in loss of power?
    I have no proof to this as my car seems like it running like a raped animal...I would leave others to test the theory/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh okay. And are you sure you are making less power when the ECU is pulling a little fuel? Have you calculated the meth/fuel ratio?
    i have no idea about making more power but i can feel the engine is not happy when to much meth is flowing. bogging more or less. i thing with a piggy you feel it less since fueling is not 100 percent there while with cobb/flash you are just going way to fat.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have no idea about making more power but i can feel the engine is not happy when to much meth is flowing. bogging more or less. i thing with a piggy you feel it less since fueling is not 100 percent there while with cobb/flash you are just going way to fat.
    I would like to test out COBB one day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm that would make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I've measured the actual flow with my dual nozzle set up (CM10 + CM7) to 1300 ml/min.
    With a single CM10 I get 900 ml/min.

Unfortunately my CM pump is starting to get worn after only 1 year, as I'm only getting 650-700 ml/min with my CM10 now...
    ...and that's with the nozzle placed directly after the pump without a solenoid or a filter, with a very short hose.
    The nozzle was newly cleaned and the pressure regulator was screwed all the way in.
    I did the test with the motor idling, just to make sure having a good voltage (14.1v) feeding the pump.

It's really strange because I've opened the pump completely, and everything looks perfect.
    No rust or dirt or leaky sealing what so ever.
    I guess it's impossible to detect when the pump is starting to get worn...?

However, I really had expected the pump to last for more than only 1 year...

Luckily Terry has given me a pretty good price on a new pump. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Big Tom; 01-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    I've measured the actual flow with my dual nozzle set up (CM10 + CM7) to 1300 ml/min.
    With a single CM10 I get 900 ml/min.

Unfortunately my CM pump is starting to get worn after only 1 year, as I'm only getting 650-700 ml/min with my CM10 now...
    ...and that's with the nozzle placed directly after the pump without a solenoid or a filter, with a very short hose.
    The nozzle was newly cleaned and the pressure regulator was screwed all the way in.
    I did the test with the motor idling, just to make sure having a good voltage (14.1v) feeding the pump.

It's really strange because I've opened the pump completely, and everything looks perfect.
    No rust or dirt or leaky sealing what so ever.
    I guess it's impossible to detect when the pump is starting to get worn...?

However, I really had expected the pump to last for more than only 1 year...

Luckily Terry has given me a pretty good price on a new pump. Click here to enlarge
    Where was it placed?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where was it placed?
    ?

I had it spraying into a container.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points