Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 97
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No

    Dual nozzle adapter?

    Does coolingmist or any other reputable vendor sell something similar to this?

    http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/upgrade/200-dual-nozzle-upgrade.html

    I
    refuse to buy another DevilsOwn fitting. Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Howerton Engineering list one for 4mm tubing but I am sure he can make a 6mm t-adapter thats compression fitted that we use for the PPS kits....The PWM nozzles use 4mm tubing...
    Here is the link of what it looks like..Let me know if he sells it because I want to go this route too!


    http://www.howertonengineering.net/c...sion-Fittings/

    If he doesnt then go with Snow Performance t-adapter which I have on my car right now...There is nothing wrong with it but I just want to switch out to all compression fittings if I can

    http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=17
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 01-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    I am emailing Jeff now to find out about the 6mm t-fitting

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    I have the coolingmist T
    Click here to enlarge


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    I have the coolingmist T
    I searched the entire coolingmist site for a dual nozzle adapter... couldn't find it. I even e-mailed Dave and he says he doesn't carry them. Can you post a link to the coolingmist adapter if you find it? Thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Wait, I think I found it....

    http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?pid=injectortee&feature_key=speci al_injectors,parts

    N
    ow I have another question, how would one disable one of the nozzles if needed short of removing the tee?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Wait, I think I found it....

    http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?pid=injectortee&feature_key=speci al_injectors,parts

    N
    ow I have another question, how would one disable one of the nozzles if needed short of removing the tee?
    You need another solenoid in which it is hooked up to a wide open throttle switch micro-switch hooked on the gas pedal and into a accessory switch on/off. When switch is off the solenoid will not be active...WHen WOT switch is triggered and the accessory switch is in the ON positon, then second solenoid activates...Thats how mine is set up of course thought with nitrous.
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 01-14-2012 at 12:14 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Just spoke to Jeff and he said he can make a compression fitting 6mm (1/4) tubing...He is sending me a pic of it...I would get this for sure.! Compression fittings FTW

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I searched the entire coolingmist site for a dual nozzle adapter... couldn't find it. I even e-mailed Dave and he says he doesn't carry them. Can you post a link to the coolingmist adapter if you find it? Thanks!
    http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedispl...njectorfitting

    http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedispl...id=injectortee
    Click here to enlarge


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Wait, I think I found it....

    http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?pid=injectortee&feature_key=speci al_injectors,parts

    N
    ow I have another question, how would one disable one of the nozzles if needed short of removing the tee?
    Why would you want to disable one? You can get a valve that blocks flow at home depot.
    Click here to enlarge


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Why would you want to disable one? You can get a valve that blocks flow at home depot.
    Dual CM10 + CM7 would be a TON of meth. A single CM10 is more than sufficient IMO. What would this valve look like?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Dual CM10 + CM7 would be a TON of meth. A single CM10 is more than sufficient IMO. What would this valve look like?
    I think hotrod182 uses one. I use a CM10 + CM5 with no cut off for the CM5.
    Click here to enlarge


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    I think hotrod182 uses one. I use a CM10 + CM5 with no cut off for the CM5.
    Ahh, right hotrod runs the same two nozzles. I'll PM him and see what he uses to plug a nozzle if unused.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Ahh, right hotrod runs the same two nozzles. I'll PM him and see what he uses to plug a nozzle if unused.
    In what conditions do you plan to use/not use the second nozzle?
    Click here to enlarge


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    In what conditions do you plan to use/not use the second nozzle?
    Mostly for testing purposes. Honestly I will likely only even add a second nozzle if I make unexpected big power and I have major timing issues.

    Testing means switching between the Cobb OTS maps which will in effect alter the timing curves depending on which map I run. The JB4 will control boost and meth safety.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Mostly for testing purposes. Honestly I will likely only even add a second nozzle if I make unexpected big power and I have major timing issues.

    Testing means switching between the Cobb OTS maps which will in effect alter the timing curves depending on which map I run. The JB4 will control boost and meth safety.
    I would most definitely run a second nozzle on upgraded turbos. I am on stock turbos and according to calculations (done by a chemical engineer) an extra CM5 can do nothing but help at 18psi. I am flowing 1100cc/min.
    Click here to enlarge


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    I would most definitely run a second nozzle on upgraded turbos. I am on stock turbos and according to calculations (done by a chemical engineer) an extra CM5 can do nothing but help at 18psi.
    The strange thing is, even with my single CM10 at 100% meth, my STFTs trend downward, which means the DME is pulling fuel on the Cobb race map. I guess it's a wait and see kinda thing. Waiting for the postman to deliver my JB4 is painful! I am dying to abuse these turbos in 20 degree weather, traction permitting Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The strange thing is, even with my single CM10 at 100% meth, my STFTs trend downward, which means the DME is pulling fuel on the Cobb race map. I guess it's a wait and see kinda thing. Waiting for the postman to deliver my JB4 is painful! I am dying to abuse these turbos in 20 degree weather, traction permitting Click here to enlarge
    Tag me when you post your results so I can see.
    Click here to enlarge


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Tag me when you post your results so I can see.
    Hopefully I'll get some good data and some good gains with the boost cranked up.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    264.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    You need another solenoid in which it is hooked up to a wide open throttle switch micro-switch hooked on the gas pedal and into a accessory switch on/off. When switch is off the solenoid will not be active...WHen WOT switch is triggered and the accessory switch is in the ON positon, then second solenoid activates...Thats how mine is set up of course thought with nitrous.
    Why not use an extra boost switch that's adjusted high (~14 psi) to operate that extra WOT solenoid?
    A micro switch on the gas pedal sounds very unreliable.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I refuse to buy another DevilsOwn fitting.
    What is wrong with DevilsOwn?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    264.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is wrong with DevilsOwn?
    Their instant fittings leaks.
    They're totally crap.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Even running 19 psi my trims are neg with cobb /jb4 with 650 ml/min. If i run a dual nozzle (1050 ml) my engine bogs like hell and missfires. With cobb there is NO need to inject $#@! loads of meth since fueling is there.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Exactly my fuel trim are 0-5 and I'm right at 11.9-12.2 afrs. If you are going to run dual nozzles run something like dual m5s or one m7 and one m5. You want to target 10 plus or minus 2.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Why not use an extra boost switch that's adjusted high (~14 psi) to operate that extra WOT solenoid?
    A micro switch on the gas pedal sounds very unreliable.
    Yeah you can hook it up that way too. I have mine hooked up like that with nitrous and using the WOT switch! Lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •