Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Exhaust, intercooler and tune (procede) arent part of the kit as far as I know but you already have that right

One will also need meth to squeeze power out of this given fueling with a piggyback approach is known to support about 450whp safely tops without meth, at least that's what what seen with RBs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Way to go and congrats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

So LM wasn't wrong about the Shiv's part.

Anyways, kudos to HPF for not being a lazy tuner and doing something that others couldn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF Chris Click here to enlarge
    It will, but you will need to send the FMIC back to us to have the v-band FMIC flanges welded back on. Click here to enlarge

Chris.
    I was hoping someone would finally come out with some charge pipes with v-band clamps...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't see the point of stage 1 if a RB turbo setup gives a better area under the curve... We need to be able to support more power on pump for it to be worth spending this kind of money. Here's to hoping that this will be able to match or exceed the RB turbo numbers....

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I don't see the point of stage 1 if a RB turbo setup gives a better area under the curve... We need to be able to support more power on pump for it to be worth spending this kind of money. Here's to hoping that this will be able to match or exceed the RB turbo numbers....
    Pump for pump this upgrade should easily outperform rbs or any other stock turbo upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Pump for pump this upgrade should easily outperform rbs or any other stock turbo upgrade.
    What makes you say that?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They seem to be progressing further than anyone else and making it into a reality
    I hope big things for this, but i think its unfair to say further than anyone else at this point. AR did get it running, did get it on the road, did dyno it, but then that was it. so not much further for HPF to go to go further, but i would have chosen more accurate wording

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    So LM wasn't wrong about the Shiv's part.
    no i wasnt. what i dont like is how it was "not true" and then it was "true"

as long as a piggy is used for tuning, i dont see how. could you elaborate?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Common sense and experience. Spinning the $#@! out of little turbos causes massive heat and low efficiency. Attaining the same boost pressure with a turbo that is as efficient as its going to get will not only provide more flow but cooler efficient flow. I tapped out my old car on the stock turbo with meth at a whopping 32x whp running aggressive. On a ig gt35 running spring pressure and lower boost it put down 35x as a baseline on pump gas. Search around on how cars destroy pump gas numbers with bigger turbos. On 6267 running say 17 psi I see an easy 450 pump and the limit being 19-20 for pump. And btw a piggy is not the way to go for a big single lol. Atr and manually rewriting load tables will do wonders. Look at the ms3 Cobb guys compared to piggy guys all running big setups.... Actually it will be hard to find a piggy ms3 let alone one with a bt on it lol

I wonder if hpf or shiv will release details on their turbo specs. Once that is know I can give u guys a better prediction
    Last edited by Laloosh; 01-14-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Common sense and experience. Spinning the $#@! out of little turbos causes massive heat and low efficiency. Attaining the same boost pressure with a turbo that is as efficient as its going to get will not only provide more flow but cooler efficient flow. I tapped out my old car on the stock turbo with meth at a whopping 32x whp running aggressive. On a ig gt35 running spring pressure and lower boost it put down 35x as a baseline on pump gas. Search around on how cars destroy pump gas numbers with bigger turbos. On 6267 running say 17 psi I see an easy 450 pump and the limit being 19-20 for pump. And btw a piggy is not the way to go for a big single lol. Atr and manually rewriting load tables will do wonders. Look at the ms3 Cobb guys compared to piggy guys all running big setups.... Actually it will be hard to find a piggy ms3 let alone one with a bt on it lol

I wonder if hpf or shiv will release details on their turbo specs. Once that is know I can give u guys a better prediction
    One part of the big turbo benefit is due to better efficiency and the other part because of more flow (air + fuel). Since stage 1 has limited fueling, only the efficiency part brings more power to the table at this stage. More fuel will bring more power later on, i.e. at stage 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Why did HPR go with piggy? Procede is not able to manage the fueling system as well as flash. I'd believe Cobb ATR would be a perfect solution for HPF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

all good points. i dont think it will be a huge variance on pump alone, as long as a piggy is used though, that was my main point. excited to see how it all plays out though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Exhaust, intercooler and tune (procede) arent part of the kit as far as I know but you already have that right
    How would it make sense for the tune to not be a part of it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Area under the curve will be nice for daily driving but if this has a much higher peak it will be stronger up top.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I hope big things for this, but i think its unfair to say further than anyone else at this point. AR did get it running, did get it on the road, did dyno it, but then that was it. so not much further for HPF to go to go further, but i would have chosen more accurate wording
    I think it is accurate considering that they have listed the kit features, pricing, and will have public dyno numbers posted soon. That in my mind pushes it further and is accurate is it not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Common sense and experience. Spinning the $#@! out of little turbos causes massive heat and low efficiency. Attaining the same boost pressure with a turbo that is as efficient as its going to get will not only provide more flow but cooler efficient flow
    This is true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

HPF did release their turbo specs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I think it is accurate considering that they have listed the kit features, pricing, and will have public dyno numbers posted soon. That in my mind pushes it further and is accurate is it not?
    Specs wise, yes. But at the end of the day, its still not driving. We have not seen it put down any power on the street or dyno.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

2012 will be a big year for n54 tuning....when you look at HPF's e46 m3 kits, it's easy to expect big things from this stg1 and stg2 n54 single turbo
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Specs wise, yes. But at the end of the day, its still not driving. We have not seen it put down any power on the street or dyno.
    But dyno numbers in the video were announced as coming soon so clearly it has to be putting power down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    2012 will be a big year for n54 tuning....when you look at HPF's e46 m3 kits, it's easy to expect big things from this stg1 and stg2 n54 single turbo
    It really is not fair to compare the N54 to the S54 kits just because it happens to be a single turbo inline 6 they are doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It really is not fair to compare the N54 to the S54 kits just because it happens to be a single turbo inline 6 they are doing.
    I understand but I guess I meant I'm comparing their quality of their kits and ability lead the development of a platform. At least that's my opinion, I'm pretty impressed with what they've done with the S54, can't wait to see what happens with the N54
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I understand but I guess I meant I'm comparing their quality of their kits and ability lead the development of a platform.
    That is definitely fair.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Kudos and good luck to HPF. Now that they have started down the road to a big turbo for N54, I think and hope they will follow through with it unlike others.

My concern is drivability and how much the power curve will shift to the right vs stock or RBs. No doubt if they can fuel it the turbo will make a bit more power on pump from a lot better efficiency but time to boost # at a given RPM and max boost at low RPMs (spool threshold) will be interesting to see how much it moved. On my '11 335 I can hit north of 10psi at 1400rpm without completely flooring it (auto). I kinda doubt the HPF will but it should definitely be more fun past 3500!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

HPF did release their turbo specs.
    Link? Maybe I missed it but saying its a 6267 doesn't say much and that all I saw posted on it.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast