Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karura Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't started modding, but I did some calculations and it seems that this is the case. I would be playing more than half the car's price! Not saying that I am not going to go down that road, but it makes me wonder if it would be worth it, since there aren't that many people who have modded the car to the point you have mentioned.
    If I would get an N54 again (I am still hoping for a third car use-case to be viable), I think I would stop at DP's and a good FMIC (I would really consider the BigTom solution) and get a JB4+Flash for E85 and stop there. One need to live with the fact that it is good enough to have a comfortable but fast family car. You could still humiliate most M3's and other more flashy performance-looking cars at a red light. I loved meth but it adds a lot of fiddling and is something one needs to keep an eye at often, E85 solves this IMO much neater.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karura Click here to enlarge
    I haven't started modding, but I did some calculations and it seems that this is the case. I would be playing more than half the car's price! Not saying that I am not going to go down that road, but it makes me wonder if it would be worth it, since there aren't that many people who have modded the car to the point you have mentioned.
    $20k will take the car to proper sports car level both power- and suspensionwise. Of course there's no need to stop there Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    If I would get an N54 again (I am still hoping for a third car use-case to be viable), I think I would stop at DP's and a good FMIC (I would really consider the BigTom solution) and get a JB4+Flash for E85 and stop there. One need to live with the fact that it is good enough to have a comfortable but fast family car. You could still humiliate most M3's and other more flashy performance-looking cars at a red light. I loved meth but it adds a lot of fiddling and is something one needs to keep an eye at often, E85 solves this IMO much neater.
    I would add RBs to your bolt-ons list, since that stretches the power curve nicely into the high RPM area.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I would add RBs to your bolt-ons list, since that stretches the power curve nicely into the high RPM area.
    Well I kind of disagree, the issues with the stock chassie setup is painfully obvious with the stock snails already. I think it depends on your driving goals and budget, but upgraded hybrids are almost 10x in cost (incl labour) compared to a JB4 and give you an additional 50-75hp (less than your jb4+dci stage 1 setup).

If I had a 1M coupe it would be a different story since you prob could argue that handling is fully sorted by BMW M already, but I "only" had a 335i
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011