Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    620.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I appreciate comedy as much as anyone but I really want a nice handgun that isn't too expensive.
    How bout the Ruger LCP-CT 3713 with laser sight... I think MSRP is around $550.
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: T/A Hood, CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

    2015 X3 28i: K&N Panel Filter

    2009 Audi A4: ​K&N Panel Filter

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    558
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    For home / car / personal defense purposes, my choice is the CZ75. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    How bout the Ruger LCP-CT 3713 with laser sight... I think MSRP is around $550.
    Kind of remind me of the cricket from MIB.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    620.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Kind of remind me of the cricket from MIB.
    LOL... and we all know how powerful that small thing really was... Well you could always go for a Desert Eagle... LOL
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: T/A Hood, CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

    2015 X3 28i: K&N Panel Filter

    2009 Audi A4: ​K&N Panel Filter

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    For home / car / personal defense purposes, my choice is the CZ75. Click here to enlarge
    ^ thisClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Try to buy a Glock 18 and get a 30 round mag. Ultimate home defense.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My ultimate home defense. . .

    Click here to enlarge

    And this will be the last thing you see. . .

    Click here to enlarge

    First day we got him - took him out to to start potty training - saw my male neighbor - immediately went into "protect mode" and let out a growl that made you do a double takeClick here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Chilling at my bro's house with his "crew". . .

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    My ultimate home defense. . .

    http://www.audiboost.com/images/impo...IMG_2731-1.jpg

    And this will be the last thing you see. . .

    http://www.audiboost.com/images/impo...IMG_2791-1.jpg

    First day we got him - took him out to to start potty training - saw my male neighbor - immediately went into "protect mode" and let out a growl that made you do a double takeClick here to enlarge

    http://www.audiboost.com/images/impo...IMG_1857-1.jpg
    Oh man, don't post pics of his penis. lol
    I got the same home defense, though he's black and abit bigger than yours Click here to enlarge But recently he acts really like me. Wakes up, eats then goes to bed.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    After looking around, I'm starting to think I'll like the CZ 75B SA (Single-Action) better than the XDM .40.

    Any comments? This is going to be at the indoor range a lot.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    anyone tried the Walther P99 ?

    I like the glock 19 or this, but havent shot the walther

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    After looking around, I'm starting to think I'll like the CZ 75B SA (Single-Action) better than the XDM .40.

    Any comments? This is going to be at the indoor range a lot.
    Probably put about 3000 rounds through mine (single action 9mm) without a hiccup. . .If I had to choose out all of mine (sigs, H&K, Kimber) it would be the one I'd take, would'nt think twice about it (and I LOVE the sigs and Kimber). They've really expanded the line since I got mine (tactical rails, ect) and now you can actually get accessories for it (laser grip - a must for home defense, holsters, ect). . .just like any handgun, shoot it first and make your decision but for me, it just flat out works.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    anyone tried the Walther P99 ?

    I like the glock 19 or this, but havent shot the walther
    Can't go wrong with either but if I had a choice between the two, I'd take the glock. I personally like thumb safeties and hammers for added safety but Glocks have their reputation for a reason...
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Oh man, don't post pics of his penis. lol
    I got the same home defense, though he's black and abit bigger than yours Click here to enlarge But recently he acts really like me. Wakes up, eats then goes to bed.
    Click here to enlarge - the funny thing - the females are more aggressive than the males with this breed. . .

    I'm guessing Click here to enlarge



    Just to be fairClick here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I've actually seen a Glock explode at Sharp Shooter's (A local indoor range) before, but it could of been neglected or using improperly loaded ammo.

    My friend has a newer one in .45 and got a 30 round clip for his birthday.
    We each wasted a full clip as fast as we could into a paper target (staying in control of course) and not a single jam or problem. The gun was damn hot though! I was a bit worried after seeing what happened to the other Glock. Definitely a good gun, and very easy to take apart and assemble, but for whatever reason I had a lot better grouping with a 1911, in .45 of course, the same day.

    AR-15 is also fun. I kind of want a M1A as well...

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    My ultimate home defense. . .

    http://www.audiboost.com/images/impo...IMG_2731-1.jpg

    And this will be the last thing you see. . .

    http://www.audiboost.com/images/impo...IMG_2791-1.jpg

    First day we got him - took him out to to start potty training - saw my male neighbor - immediately went into "protect mode" and let out a growl that made you do a double takeClick here to enlarge

    http://www.audiboost.com/images/impo...IMG_1857-1.jpg

    Chilling at my bro's house with his "crew". . .

    http://www.audiboost.com/images/impo...IMG_1835-1.jpg
    What kind of dog is that?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What kind of dog is that?
    Sticky, he's a Rhodesian Ridgeback. . .

    Everything you need to know about themClick here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, he's a Rhodesian Ridgeback. . .

    Everything you need to know about themClick here to enlarge

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQr-gp2Af7Q
    Going to watch the video in a bit, is it a smart dog?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Going to watch the video in a bit, is it a smart dog?
    Quite smart.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    620.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Well to drag up this thread (in relation to 2012 fear mongering). I've applied for my rifle license, and in preparation for it getting approved, I'm starting my research on Rifles and Shotguns..

    Right now I've basically narrowed down the manufacturers to the following:

    -Ruger (Specifically the SR-556 Autoloading rifle)
    -H&K (specifically the MR556A1)
    -Colt only because of what I use in the military
    -Smith & Wesson (specifically the M&P15 Sport)
    -Benelli (the M2 Tactical Shotgun and MR1 Rifle)

    So my question to the more experience gun nuts, of my selection above would you choose, and which would you avoid? Price is not an issue, just want opinions on the actual companies and rifles, not on price points...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: T/A Hood, CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

    2015 X3 28i: K&N Panel Filter

    2009 Audi A4: ​K&N Panel Filter

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    (Rhodesian Ridgeback) - that video is amazing. What a cool dog that is.

    In regard to that tube they mention, is this done at puppyhood?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Well to drag up this thread (in relation to 2012 fear mongering). I've applied for my rifle license, and in preparation for it getting approved, I'm starting my research on Rifles and Shotguns..

    Right now I've basically narrowed down the manufacturers to the following:

    -Ruger (Specifically the SR-556 Autoloading rifle)
    -H&K (specifically the MR556A1)
    -Colt only because of what I use in the military
    -Smith & Wesson (specifically the M&P15 Sport)
    -Benelli (the M2 Tactical Shotgun and MR1 Rifle)

    So my question to the more experience gun nuts, of my selection above would you choose, and which would you avoid? Price is not an issue, just want opinions on the actual companies and rifles, not on price points...
    honestly those are all amazing guns. You would have to fit each and see which feels the most comfortable for your body type. As far as quality goes, H&K is probably going to be the top dog on that one.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    (Rhodesian Ridgeback) - that video is amazing. What a cool dog that is.

    In regard to that tube they mention, is this done at puppyhood?
    All the reputable breeders with "warranty" their pups against this - the dog shouldn't have it so you don't need to worry about it if you get it from a good breeder.




    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Well to drag up this thread (in relation to 2012 fear mongering). I've applied for my rifle license, and in preparation for it getting approved, I'm starting my research on Rifles and Shotguns..

    Right now I've basically narrowed down the manufacturers to the following:

    -Ruger (Specifically the SR-556 Autoloading rifle)
    -H&K (specifically the MR556A1)
    -Colt only because of what I use in the military
    -Smith & Wesson (specifically the M&P15 Sport)
    -Benelli (the M2 Tactical Shotgun and MR1 Rifle)

    So my question to the more experience gun nuts, of my selection above would you choose, and which would you avoid? Price is not an issue, just want opinions on the actual companies and rifles, not on price points...
    As stated before - all are great but if you're talking for home defense, a simple mossberg 500 with a tactical stock is more than enough - I bought my brother a Benelli M1 super 90 and we went head to head and I was actually faster with the pump and I never have to worry about jams and misfeeds.

    Also check out any of the sig sauer 556 series - great rifles - however, I would personally NEVER recommend a 223 for home defense - the balistics are too dangerous and while you might hit your target - you really have to worry about where the bullet is going after that impact.
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    620.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm leaning more towards a rifle than shotgun, as I would like to go to the range on a regular basis to 'bone' up on my weapon qual skills... The once or twice a year qualification's that the National Guard do is un-acceptable to me... Home Defense isn't really a big concern for me... But the more I read up on the laws governing "Assault Weapons" in NYC has me asking more questions than the answer I get...

    NYC Laws are vague when it comes to New York National Guardsmen and Active Duty soldiers ownership of Assault type rifles... I know I can't own an M16/M4... I guess I should ask one my NYPD buddies what isn't allowed... Or if my above choices are prohibited (even though I'm military)... Really limits my selection...

    Technically, miltia are allowed the right to bear arms... Which the NYARNG is (new york army national guard), but then according to NYC rifle laws, assault weapons are banned, but does that mean I can still own one as a member of the militia, or... It's way to f'ing confusing...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: T/A Hood, CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

    2015 X3 28i: K&N Panel Filter

    2009 Audi A4: ​K&N Panel Filter

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    I'm leaning more towards a rifle than shotgun, as I would like to go to the range on a regular basis to 'bone' up on my weapon qual skills... The once or twice a year qualification's that the National Guard do is un-acceptable to me... Home Defense isn't really a big concern for me... But the more I read up on the laws governing "Assault Weapons" in NYC has me asking more questions than the answer I get...

    NYC Laws are vague when it comes to New York National Guardsmen and Active Duty soldiers ownership of Assault type rifles... I know I can't own an M16/M4... I guess I should ask one my NYPD buddies what isn't allowed... Or if my above choices are prohibited (even though I'm military)... Really limits my selection...

    Technically, miltia are allowed the right to bear arms... Which the NYARNG is (new york army national guard), but then according to NYC rifle laws, assault weapons are banned, but does that mean I can still own one as a member of the militia, or... It's way to f'ing confusing...
    you can own a civ model of anything, as long as its not auto or burst. NJ has gayness like a bayonet lug makes it an assualt weapon, collapsable stock is illegal, and 30 rd mags are also a no-go. Check with NY laws on specifics for you though. beining NG gives you no additional rights, except easier on the 30 rd mag part, you can just say they are issued to you.

    If your ever free, rather, if im ever free, you can link up with @Matt@AUTOCouture and ill give you some instruction Nasty Girls will never get Click here to enlarge

    and as for .223, he brings up a good point, and the 5th safety rule is "be sure of your target and aware of its background"

    but realisticly, a rifle is not a good home defense if in suburbia, shotgun is best for novice and females. but a handgun is best choice simply for ease and speed, but requires a bit more training and handling familiarity, especially when tension is high and in lowlight situations. which, BTW, everyone legitimaly interested in home defense should have a light on their weapon with a thumb/pressure switch and preferably with a strobe effect .
    I dont own a pistol yet, but im about to apply again for my pistol permit (let it exipre) so for now, i just have a pvs14 mounted behind my EOTECH on the AR for no light situation and a surefire underneath for secondary searches Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    330
    Rep Points
    620.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I've decided I'm either going with the Ruger SR 556SC (neutered version of the 556) or the Colt MT6400R.

    I just need to see how they feel in my hands...

    Both are complaint rifles... Click here to enlarge
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: T/A Hood, CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

    2015 X3 28i: K&N Panel Filter

    2009 Audi A4: ​K&N Panel Filter

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Anyone here have or used a Springfield XDM in .40 or .45?
    Yes. My buddy owns both of them. They're great guns and rarely jam. I was considering buying one. For the price they're almost unbeatable although for this price I probably get a Glock. this is just personal preference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •