Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GTR-Dad Click here to enlarge
    Have you considered messing with the torque split controller? Prbly not as the xDrive guys are not typically circuit track drivers, but I'd buy an upgrade if it let me custom map the torque split.
    Would you elaborate on this please? You mean in distributing it on an Xi vehicle, did I understand correctly?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Must... have... ATR...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Must... have... ATR...
    +1 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    56
    Rep Points
    83.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GTR-Dad Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see you guys on the board. I've been running the AP for about a year and loving it. My only gripe was with the OE throttle map combined with monster torque. It made it tought to drive smoothly... Running the alternative throttle maps now and couldn't be happier.

    My wish list is very short.... Access Tuner Race. Do this and it'll relieve all (ok, most of) the special map requests!

    Have you considered messing with the torque split controller? Prbly not as the xDrive guys are not typically circuit track drivers, but I'd buy an upgrade if it let me custom map the torque split.

    Cheers!
    d
    I commo'd with Rob about this exact issue. He mentioned that looking into the communication between the trans and engine management is on their to-do list. It seemed like he believed it was very doable. Seeing how they have trans management for the r35 gtr, it would make sense that they would look into it for us, as well.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    108
    Rep Points
    146.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Would you elaborate on this please? You mean in distributing it on an Xi vehicle, did I understand correctly?
    Cornerning stability is a big part of the handling dynamics equation and depends on available grip at the front and rear of the car. Give a specific tire choice, neutral throttle 'attitude' at the limit is controlled mostly by relative front/rear roll stiffness. On-power cornering stability depends on the same variables with the addition of torque-induced loads. More front torque contributes to understeer - more rear torque contributes to oversteer. AWD cars with controllable torque split can be electronically tuned for on-power cornering stability. This allows greater latitude for suspension tuning to be optimized for sharper turn-in or neutral throttle stability.
    Yes - I'd love to be able to tune my xDrive torque split!
    d

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doyle Click here to enlarge
    I commo'd with Rob about this exact issue. He mentioned that looking into the communication between the trans and engine management is on their to-do list. It seemed like he believed it was very doable. Seeing how they have trans management for the r35 gtr, it would make sense that they would look into it for us, as well.
    Yep, I know it's high on their to-do lost. It will also help with the timing flatline issues associated with automatics. Perhaps a reprogram of the DS mode to go into 6th gear by itself and program quicker shifts. Hope it happens sooner rather than later!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GTR-Dad Click here to enlarge
    Yes - I'd love to be able to tune my xDrive torque split!
    Is it even possible to tune this aspect or has anyone done this yet on the xi?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    108
    Rep Points
    146.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is it even possible to tune this aspect or has anyone done this yet on the xi?
    It's a computer => definately possible. Dunno if anyone has done it though.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GTR-Dad Click here to enlarge
    It's a computer => definately possible. Dunno if anyone has done it though.
    Yes, anything is possible, but you may be asking for a lot. Either way, it would be nice for someone to allow that kind of control in an xi.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    173.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    bump for any update of any sort!!!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Allen,TX
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    49.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Anyone heard of new updates yet?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    133
    Rep Points
    274.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    they will either update on here or create a thread on new updates for the time we should just enjoy what is already available. I'm sure everyone is anxious for the new updates. Cobb always delieversClick here to enlarge
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access


    | COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Allen,TX
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    49.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well about 2hrs ago I noticed there is a beta firmware update. Wonder what that is??

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aramsey80 Click here to enlarge
    Well about 2hrs ago I noticed there is a beta firmware update. Wonder what that is??
    It's a Beta firmware update.

    Lulz, I'm sure they will chime in soon with what was changed.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    133
    Rep Points
    274.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    the beta updates are usually for cars with unregistered roms.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access


    | COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    the beta updates are usually for cars with unregistered roms.
    this

    I just found out that the shop i bought the PWR radiator is a cobb dealer mostly selling cobb and doing ATR for other vehicles like GTR. They already know how to dyno Tune with ATR so they will do my car as well when available!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    46.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I have the chance to do the protune but scared to be the first.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    133
    Rep Points
    274.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    NICE!!! Cant wait to see the results.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access


    | COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    352
    Rep Points
    545.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    the beta updates are usually for cars with unregistered roms.
    That most likely was due to my ROM which I send at around that time. Had the car flashed back to stock at a BMW dealership, couldn't flash it with COBB due to unknown ROM and got the updated firmware within three hours of me sending out my ROM to COBB. Hats off, great service.

    Car runs now on stage 2 + FMIC sport and feels very fast. It also seems my stock clutch is finally on its way out...

    Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

    Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    That most likely was due to my ROM which I send at around that time. Had the car flashed back to stock at a BMW dealership, couldn't flash it with COBB due to unknown ROM and got the updated firmware within three hours of me sending out my ROM to COBB. Hats off, great service.

    Car runs now on stage 2 + FMIC sport and feels very fast. It also seems my stock clutch is finally on its way out...

    Alpina_B3_Lux
    great! welcome to the cobb family :-) why the sport and not aggressive?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    352
    Rep Points
    545.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    great! welcome to the cobb family :-) why the sport and not aggressive?
    I first wanted to see how the car behaves with the lesser map before testing out the limits. It seems fine so far, but I get a sort of stuttering acceleration in almost any gear - which may be due to the stock clutch slipping (which I did notice on some acceleration runs), or may be a symptom of the problem that has already been described by quite a few others using COBB stage2+. I'll try to do some datalogging with the AP when I find the time today or tomorrow.

    Boost buildup is very very good by the way, much faster than with my GIAC tune. The stage 2+ sport map goes until 15.5psi right now (at minus 8 degrees Celsius outside temperatures though).

    Alpina_B3_Lux

    P.S. RB turbos installation appointment is next week! With these and the Íhlins suspension plus Performance Friction BBK that are on my car since last week it is close to perfection.
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

    Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    I first wanted to see how the car behaves with the lesser map before testing out the limits. It seems fine so far, but I get a sort of stuttering acceleration in almost any gear - which may be due to the stock clutch slipping (which I did notice on some acceleration runs), or may be a symptom of the problem that has already been described by quite a few others using COBB stage2+. I'll try to do some datalogging with the AP when I find the time today or tomorrow.

    Boost buildup is very very good by the way, much faster than with my GIAC tune. The stage 2+ sport map goes until 15.5psi right now (at minus 8 degrees Celsius outside temperatures though).

    Alpina_B3_Lux

    P.S. RB turbos installation appointment is next week! With these and the Íhlins suspension plus Performance Friction BBK that are on my car since last week it is close to perfection.
    Try Stage 1 plus and see if you can reproduce the stutter. Also liner throttle should be best for MT i have heard.
    oh and Click here to enlarge for the parts in bold... looking forward to the review!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    133
    Rep Points
    274.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Definitely welcome to the Cobb family Aplina!!! Great to hear the progress of your car especially with the new goodies you just got!!!
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access


    | COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    108
    Rep Points
    146.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    It seems fine so far, but I get a sort of stuttering acceleration in almost any gear
    Try rolling back to the previous set of maps. My experience with the set named 'sport' and 'aggressive' was similar. I described it as a 'stepping' of applied torque that felt a bit like an electric light rail car accellerating. NOT clutch slip in my case. I also noticed an increased torque interruption when shifting such that rpm's landed around 4500 rpm.

    I went back to the previous maps and run the highest boost version. The car feels similarly fast (butt dyno can't tell the difference) and drives smoother with better shifting behaviour.

    GL.

    Dan

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    352
    Rep Points
    545.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GTR-Dad Click here to enlarge
    Try rolling back to the previous set of maps. My experience with the set named 'sport' and 'aggressive' was similar. I described it as a 'stepping' of applied torque that felt a bit like an electric light rail car accellerating. NOT clutch slip in my case. I also noticed an increased torque interruption when shifting such that rpm's landed around 4500 rpm.

    I went back to the previous maps and run the highest boost version. The car feels similarly fast (butt dyno can't tell the difference) and drives smoother with better shifting behaviour.

    GL.

    Dan
    I don't have any previous versions of the maps as I only installed the COBB on my car a few days ago. However, my understanding is that COBB is working on this - and they have also requested me to send them some logs of 3rd gear acceleration. As it seems to get dry again today on the roads, I might try to do that this evening. I'll probably also switch to the stage 1 maps to see if that changes the behaviour.

    Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

    Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •