Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Difficult measure to determine a tune.
    The increase in power is negligible....irrespective of the tune I still run poor times. Amazingly, this car proves to me how bad a driver I really am on the track. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    So Austin wasn't able to correct your issue....didn't they at least try to upload a few different maps? I see why that would turn you off and grab something different. The way I can describe the race map is "stock" like under 4K RPM, after 4K it explodes into life. Scary for any passenger who isn't expecting this sort of power.
    The car was at the shop and they were dealing with Austin. They didn't try any maps they kept saying it was a hardware issue, it "had to be". So I switched tunes and then they said the piggy isn't as sensitive as their software and they have safety programmed in their tune that is causing the car to surge bc it's under boosting. They said the jb doesn't have the same safety in the tune and now I'm most likely overworking my turbos...lol. The car runs fine, I'm over it!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should say...I haven't data logged the car with the jb tune yet bc it's winter and it's not my dd. The car is sitting in a garage right now while i move in my new place. Once I move into my new place I'm going to install the data logging cable and get some logs to make sure the car is running fine. From the couple drives I've been on since the jb install the car boosts hard, doesn't have any codes or issues and seems fine.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that's such a load of crap from them Click here to enlarge glad your car is running great again!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know, after paying for 3 hours of labor, two boost pressure tests, I was done messing around. I didn't have the car for a month and it pissed me off.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

underboosting? All they had to do is log wgdc, plus if the car was underboosting it would throw codes, Giac is full of it. Make this public to put the nail in the coffin cause they absolutly suck in this community so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I talked about it in my thread on e90, but no one really responded except about 5 people that had the same issue.

The car never threw codes the whole time and ran fine in stock boost, that's why I finally decided to just switch tunes and see what happens.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad you got it all sorted out. It would piss me off too if they kept my car hostage while trying to figure out what the issue is.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456