Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Best tune other then the infamous jb4?

I got rid of my jb4 to try a new setup.I was going to go with giac but wasn't impressed after the ride I went for today in a fbo 135i..My next choice is either proceed v5 rev 3,or the cobb killer pump gas flash.Whats the best of the two,and what makes the most power??I heard people are making mid to low 400's on pump gas with the cobb,and only compant that tunes the vanos.Is this true?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would avoid GIAC simply because they don't seem to have their BMW platforms down all that well (never solved surging idle in VF cars, VF dumped them for a new tuner) and they don't respond to e-mails at least not mine.

Procede? Why would anyone still consider the Procede?

Why did you get rid of the JB4 anyway?

Getting a Procede is just getting more of the same except at a higher price point and having to deal with worse customer service. If you want to switch it up at least go Cobb for something different but I still don't understand why you wouldn't just stick with your JB4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I fell the same way as you do with the proceed sticky.I'm not the biggest fan of a piggy due to the no adjustment to timimng and really lean afr mixures.The jb4 is great but under the 5,000 roms curve,the car felt laggy and weak.It did manage make 397 whp on 93 fbo completely catless so I was happy about that.I heard from a buddy that the cobb rips,and makes 30 whp more in the midrange ,a boat load of more tq,and more power up top too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you want a piggyback, get the Procede V2.5 or V3. If you want a flash, get Cobb. These are the two best choices in my book right now.

I upgraded to Procede Rev 2.5 from Rev2 and the new maps are way better! Very strong, great boost response. Had the JB4 before and it's ok if you want all-out power. But it's not very linear or refined. On a racetrack it was way too inconsistent, unpredictable, making it basically useless around a track.

That made me switch back to the Procede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You didnt need to get rid of the JB4, you could have either got the CPS and custom maps and firmware from Terry and you would have had the same performance as the cobb or even stronger car running meth. However, if you got rid of it and wanted something else, well its a no brainer you have to get COBB. Procede???? really!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brakeboost980 Click here to enlarge
    I got rid of my jb4 to try a new setup.I was going to go with giac but wasn't impressed after the ride I went for today in a fbo 135i..My next choice is either proceed v5 rev 3,or the cobb killer pump gas flash.Whats the best of the two,and what makes the most power??I heard people are making mid to low 400's on pump gas with the cobb,and only compant that tunes the vanos.Is this true?
    I am planing to test COBB+JB4 at some point IF COBB creates a E85 friendly map for a FBO car, I would still keep the JB4 for meth + dash integration, going back to not seeing boost, timing, meth-flow + I love the shift lights is not an option in my book!
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you're worried about Cobb's customer service, they have great service. They don't talk to you like you're an idiot and give you meaningful relevant advice first blaming your hardware first. From a power standpoint, they make as much power as the piggyback options with ease of install. I can smoke a cigarette play games on my phone while switching maps or installing the tune instead of ripping apart plastic bits from the engine bay Click here to enlarge

The new Procede "aggressive" maps do seem to make nice power for everyone who has a rev 2.5 / 3, but am I the only one who thinks the curve >6000 RPM looks silly? It's not a smooth taper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The piggies still have the most power for now. I've never run JB, but Procede is very smooth for me... linear throttle, great boost control. And if you want to customize, which I do a often, you have a lot of control. Any changes Vishnu would make in mapping, they basically give the user this control if desired. We need more proceders on this forum Click here to enlarge. Buy used, there's some good deals on e90post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    The piggies still have the most power for now. I've never run JB, but Procede is very smooth for me... linear throttle, great boost control. And if you want to customize, which I do a often, you have a lot of control. Any changes Vishnu would make in mapping, they basically give the user this control if desired. We need more proceders on this forum Click here to enlarge. Buy used, there's some good deals on e90post.
    Hehe, beware or you'll get flamed on this forum if you're pro-Procede Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Hehe, beware or you'll get flamed on this forum if you're pro-Procede Click here to enlarge
    Last time I checked this wasn't e90post.

Oh no!!! We're gonna start getting "which tune is better" threads over here too!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Last time I checked this wasn't e90post.

Oh no!!! We're gonna start getting "which tune is better" threads over here too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    nooooooooooo

someone quickly make a sticky for BEST TUNE and tell everyone to just buy all tunes, try them out and return for a full refund what they don't like
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seriously bro...

With all due respect. $#@! what your peers think or say. Try the tunes in question and make a decision for yourself. After all YOU will be driving the car, and only you know what you want your car to perform like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Flash tunes have a lot of advantages because they are in the DME, not trying to fool it. The best flash tune seems to be Cobb, and they do have Stage II maps.

I know 3 JB4 users who switched to Cobb. I know no Cobb users who have gone back to another tune, except for comparisons on dynamometer runs. They all prefer the Cobb on the street and track. Some drag racers do prefer JB4 on the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was leaning towards the cobb after all the posts and research done today.How come when that guy clap had it,they said it makes a ton more power then the jb4 and proceed?I looked at some testing with the jb4 vs the cobb done by terry and was a bit skeptical with the outcome.He's actually the first to comapare the two,but when litos did it the cobb blew the jb4 out the water.Even that the jb4 made the same peak as the cobb,the cobb did actually make almost 30 whp in the mid range and a ton of tq too.There were some guys at a meet running cobb stage 2+ and they said every piggy then ran with fbo,they beat them with ease.I have yet to go for a ride in a cobb,but from the comments of the guys at the meet,they said the stage 2 + pump feels like a jb4 with meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brakeboost980 Click here to enlarge
    I was leaning towards the cobb after all the posts and research done today.How come when that guy clap had it,they said it makes a ton more power then the jb4 and proceed?I looked at some testing with the jb4 vs the cobb done by terry and was a bit skeptical with the outcome.He's actually the first to comapare the two,but when litos did it the cobb blew the jb4 out the water.Even that the jb4 made the same peak as the cobb,the cobb did actually make almost 30 whp in the mid range and a ton of tq too.There were some guys at a meet running cobb stage 2+ and they said every piggy then ran with fbo,they beat them with ease.I have yet to go for a ride in a cobb,but from the comments of the guys at the meet,they said the stage 2 + pump feels like a jb4 with meth.
    don't go by what other people say, worst thing you can do...try them yourself, best thing you can do and it'll only cost you the one tune you end up sticking with
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    don't go by what other people say, worst thing you can do...try them yourself, best thing you can do and it'll only cost you the one tune you end up sticking with
    Didn't we both say this already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Didn't we both say this already?
    lol trust me, you can't say it enough times
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's really if you would rather have really low ignition timing and more boost (Cobb), or more ignition timing with less boost (JB4).

JB4 has gauge hijacking and is more flexible, allowing built-in nitrous/meth control and the ability to map your own boost targets.

Honestly, I don't like the Cobb linear throttle maps. I prefer the stock throttle maps. Their Stage1 Aggressive worked well on my 1M with a 40% mix of E85. (rest 93)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    It's really if you would rather have really low ignition timing and more boost (Cobb), or more ignition timing with less boost (JB4).

JB4 has gauge hijacking and is more flexible, allowing built-in nitrous/meth control and the ability to map your own boost targets.

Honestly, I don't like the Cobb linear throttle maps. I prefer the stock throttle maps. Their Stage1 Aggressive worked well on my 1M with a 40% mix of E85. (rest 93)

Stock throttle maps are out now for all cobb maps.Has anyone run against a fbo jb4 vs cobb stage 2+ fbo on pump??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had giac stg 2, had surging issues that they never solved and blamed on my hardware, switched to jb4 and the car runs amazing. It pulls very hard and even my wg rattle went away. From what I've read you can't go wrong with either jb4 or Cobb. I love the customer support from jb and I've heard they may be coming out with new maps. Good luck.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That guy clap is me. And no piggy will touch Cobb pump for pump in real world conditions. Hell fine me anyone trapping 117-118 full weight on pump gas

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I don't flame Procede, I flame Shiv. If the tune works properly, its a good tune. Problem is it didn't work properly and Mr. Pathak was uninterested in helping me because I bought my tune used. Screw him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MegaSquirt is the best.

But seriously, hasn't this topic been discussed once or twice?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Megasquirt??Joking right??Haltech is the best fyi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They all make the same power, it's the same engine and all can run any boost, timing, and fuel curve. The end results simply depend on the settings and maps used with each. I had a customer switch to Cobb recently and tell me how much more powerful it was, then he wrote back a couple weeks later and reported he was running 2mph less at the track pump gas to pump gas, so having more torque down low is very deceiving from a butt dyno perspective. But I get it. Our latest FBO maps have a lot more meat down there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast