Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

oe tunning flash for my n54

just took out the jb4 for a new tune to compare. a local performance shop by me told me to try the oe tuning flash. i have downpipes, dual cone intake and ams front mount. i def felt more all around power from the oe tuning then the jb4. yet by all respect the jb4 did do one hell of a job. both tunes ar great but the only reason i swapped it out is because the jb4 kept chugging at load. dyno sheets will be up shortly but as of right now oe tune is amazing. more updates are coming soon..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Looking forward to the dyno sheets.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We all are, we need to see what this baby can really do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Interested to see what some proprietary secret sauce has up its sleeve...hope it's as good as it sounds
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cardiostack908 Click here to enlarge
    just took out the jb4 for a new tune to compare. a local performance shop by me told me to try the oe tuning flash. i have downpipes, dual cone intake and ams front mount. i def felt more all around power from the oe tuning then the jb4. yet by all respect the jb4 did do one hell of a job. both tunes ar great but the only reason i swapped it out is because the jb4 kept chugging at load. dyno sheets will be up shortly but as of right now oe tune is amazing. more updates are coming soon..
    Another satisfied customer! I have had no issues with this tune and have had it for over a year now.
    Looking forward to seeing the dyno results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cardiostack908 Click here to enlarge
    the only reason i swapped it out is because the jb4 kept chugging at load.
    Don't think it had anything to do with the DCI, do you? Click here to enlarge

Be sure to leave the hood down when you do your dynamometer runs since you don't drive with your hood raised on the street. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Be sure to leave the hood down when you do your dynamometer runs since you don't drive with your hood raised on the street.
    true, BUT, on the street you get a TON more air everywhere which means a lot...open your hood for sure and get the fans blasting as much as you can
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    true, BUT, on the street you get a TON more air everywhere which means a lot...open your hood for sure and get the fans blasting as much as you can
    Gee, and with a vehicle at rest, I thought the air pressure was uniform everywhere! Click here to enlarge

Even below 200 mph, ram effect is pretty much non existent. That is, unless you own a ram air GTO, then you have to believe in scoops. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

you're saying that having or not having a fan blow cold air into the intakes will have no effect on results of the dyno until you get over 200mph winds?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Does the oe tune have a downpipe fix?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Does the oe tune have a downpipe fix?
    I believe they do. Another satisfied customer with OE. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Hmmm, Interesting.....I cant wait for those dynos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes it has the downpipe fix and setup the appointment for next week Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

you're saying that having or not having a fan blow cold air into the intakes will have no effect on results of the dyno until you get over 200mph winds?
    Click here to enlarge the more fans the better
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I think he's talking about the "ram" effect, e.g. forcing air into the intake to increase air pressure. But on a dyno the fans are used to provide colder air to prevent major heatsoak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Those floor fans can't even come close to matching at speed pressure differentials because they cannot come close to moving that volume of air, especially with the hood open since there is no pressure differential.