Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

i want to boost my m3

hey guys, whats up. im new to this site and to boost as well... iv always bin an all motor type of guy. but now its time to go big or go home lol. as my name says i have an e30 with a euro s50b32 m3 in it... i was going to go charger beccause there a few kits out but, you can only go so far with a charger.. so i decided to go turbo..

my goal is 600+ hp ...iv looked around , watched some youtube vids lol and read up on some forums. so i decided im going to go with a precison t67 turbo.
    and yes i do know that this motor runs on high compresion (11:3:1). im not to sure on what the proper compression is supose to be (10:1 - 9:1).. but thats why im here asking for your help and expertise

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have E85 in your area?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea thats like $#@! gas to us...we have here in canada (toronto) sunoco ultra 94 n shell vpower 91....nothing a meth kit cant fix lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you are in Canada, ok, first question out of the way.

The S50B32 is a mean, mean motor. Very nice to have that in an E30.

Now, what is your budget? What kind of power are you looking for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure if the thicker head gaskets for the S52 that drop compression apply to you but that is one way you could drop your compression.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure if the thicker head gaskets for the S52 that drop compression apply to you but that is one way you could drop your compression.
    All the experiments that VF did with the thicker hg on the s54 seemed to fail for one reason or another. I dunno. IIRC there was an issue with the chain in that timing system. The s50b32 has essentially the same timing system as it is essentially the same motor as the s54, but instead with a few bells and whistles missing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    All the experiments that VF did with the thicker hg on the s54 seemed to fail for one reason or another. I dunno.
    Wasn't that an issue with lengthening a timing chain?

Whoops, wrote that before finishing reading your post Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    The s50b32 has essentially the same timing system as it is essentially the same motor as the s54, but instead with a few bells and whistles missing.
    Similar bore x stroke (stroke is the same) but there should be some changes to the timing system.

Thicker head gaskets have worked on the S50US/M50.

I don't know either and don't think I have seen an S50B32 with lowered compression this way but something worth looking into.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you are in Canada, ok, first question out of the way.

The S50B32 is a mean, mean motor. Very nice to have that in an E30.

Now, what is your budget? What kind of power are you looking for?

yes in deed, a very, very mean motor. also a very exspensive to do anthing to..

when it comes to my budget, well, im a car guy, and it doesnt bother me when it comes to dumping money in my car. i love my e30s, i love bmw in general.. ive built 3 and stripped 1 since i was 15. im now 22.. it just takes time.

as for the power, well 600 and up for when i feel like f-ing around and for making $100,000 cars look like $5.00 cars lol Click here to enlarge.. but this mite also be my everyday driver... so to be fuel efficent its going to be 350 - 400hp for everyday drive..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AA has a SC kit for S50B32.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    from reading up on forums, after forums, after forums, its not going to be easy .. theres alot of B.S that you end up getting into.. as we all know that the compresion is Very High, (11.3.1) thats along way from the appropriate CR (8.5.1) as shown on Vac's motorsports webpage... from all i know, there the only place that sells a kit for the s50b32, to bring the CR down to (8.5.1).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    AA has a SC kit for S50B32.
    yes, i am aware of there SC kit.. i was aware of it befor they even put it on the market lol... the shop i go to (bimmersport) had 2 of there bmw's w/s50b32s sent there to get it installed. they were the 1st bmws with s50b32 SC kit to have it done!! and where also put in the 100th issue of eurotuner magazine.

1 of the s50b32s, had the basic kit installed putting down 420hp. and the other bmw had basic kit with upgraded fuel injectors (1000cc), fuel pump (3 of them) and a hefty tune, putting down 480hp..

its good for daily driving, but not much you can do for more power ... with turbos, the power is endless lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Contact Pure Performance in Sweden - they should be able to point you in the right direction,
    have alot of experience with turboing S motors.

http://server.pure-pf.com/webshop/ppf_webshop2/catalog/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Couple things. I'm not an expert on this motor so I can only give you some general advice.

I wouldn't go down to 8.5 CR, the car will full powerless. Especially at just 600 hp, you can probably get away with 10:1 which will leave it with quick spool and snappy response for a fun street car.

Definately go for E85

Be careful if you intend to run a thicker headgasket, a thicker headgasket is sort of not ideal. When you increase the exposed surface thickness of the headgasket you increase the net force that the gasket has to sustain which makes them more prone to blowing out. Some people like that because they act like a fuse to keep your motor from self destruction.

I would just lower the compression with pistons, and keep stock thickness headgasket.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    666 fabrication has a turbo manifold specifically for s50/s52/m50/m52 in an e30.

Please don't go all the way down to 8.5!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e30 s50b32 Click here to enlarge
    from reading up on forums, after forums, after forums, its not going to be easy .. theres alot of B.S that you end up getting into.. as we all know that the compresion is Very High, (11.3.1) thats along way from the appropriate CR (8.5.1) as shown on Vac's motorsports webpage... from all i know, there the only place that sells a kit for the s50b32, to bring the CR down to (8.5.1).
    There are plenty of custom piston options to drop the compression.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s62 Click here to enlarge
    Contact Pure Performance in Sweden - they should be able to point you in the right direction,
    have alot of experience with turboing S motors.

http://server.pure-pf.com/webshop/ppf_webshop2/catalog/

These guys definitely are the real deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    (DBFIU) >>>>>>> dont get me wrong, i nvr sed i was going to go (8.5.1). its just what iv seen avalible for the motor.
    (10.1)CR..... you dont think thats kinda high for this type of motor ?... like, i just saying i dont really know what this motor can handle up to if i go 10.1 CR. like i just dont want to spend the money twice. "you know, do the pistons, and then blow someting else" lol. thats why im on here, to get advice. so $#@! like that dont happen..

i cant put "E85" or "86 87" octane. which is what we have here in canada. thats considered regular gas. your not suposed to put that in M motors, even says in the "owners manual".. i did that once, put regual gas in my s52US e30 (accidentally) and when i noticed it was to late. tryed driving, the NOC sencers where going off, car kept bogging out, then it shut off.. i had to put 2 octane boosters in it.

thanks for the link, s62...

(sticky) >>> then what whould you think would be a CR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you would be saticfied with approx 520 crank hp (458whp) and a supercharger solution we have it! $7400 + shipping

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    If you would be saticfied with approx 520 crank hp (458whp) and a supercharger solution we have it! $7400 + shipping

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...1/bild20-1.jpg
    There you go...