Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Well it's your forum but I vote you let all vendors on. It's better for the BB community. Besides when was the last time ASR posted?
    why doesn't he just become a vender? then wouldn't the problem be solved?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Well it's your forum but I vote you let all vendors on. It's better for the BB community. Besides when was the last time ASR posted?
    All vendors are welcome, so I'm not quite sure I understand. Everyone is welcome, except those who will bash supporting vendors. ASR does not post frequently, neither do several of the vendors here. However, their status is not tied to their post count. All supporting vendors will be treated with respect, no exceptions. AR Design was a guest vendor and abused that privelege. If AR Design was able to exercise self control and respect the board including the vendors that support it, we would not be having this discussion.

The BB community does not look professional nor project the proper image when supporting vendors are bashed by another vendor who is a guest. What incentive do you have for supporting BB if I were to just let any other competitor come in here and run all over your threads and disrespect you? No Vishnu jokes Click here to enlarge

Yes, it was between ASR and AR Design so it seems you knew the reasoning quite well Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Someone sounds a little jealous that their thunder got stolen..
    He does make a good point about the radiator. What do you think of that pricing?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I don't disagree with the logic but ultimately it's BB that looses out. Maybe you three can all work out something behind closed doors. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frankly, I really don't care if my "thunder" got stolen.

Those things do not bother me. I am not 12 years old.
    All I know is AR Design charges outrageous prices. If BMW fanboys want to purchase their products, then so be it.

To me, the project doesn't look well thought out at all. That is all I am saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I don't disagree with the logic but ultimately it's BB that looses out. Maybe you three can all work out something behind closed doors. Click here to enlarge
    Well, sometimes integrity comes with a price. At the end of the day, I think you and the other vendors will be happy to know I won't allow you to abused in return for your support.

See, it would be different if it was a user and not a business engaging in that behavior. Things can always be worked out, however, only if that person is willing to work it out.

AR Design is not gone due to any action on ASR's part, I can tell you that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, sometimes integrity comes with a price. At the end of the day, I think you and the other vendors will be happy to know I won't allow you to abused in return for your support.

See, it would be different if it was a user and not a business engaging in that behavior. Things can always be worked out, however, only if that person is willing to work it out.

AR Design is not gone due to any action on ASR's part, I can tell you that.
    I'm just saying if an AR catch can happened to accidentally fall off the truck by your house and you happened to accidentally raffle it off to BB readers, maybe everyone would be a lot happier. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

He does make a good point about the radiator. What do you think of that pricing?
    What do you think of HPF's turbo kit pricing?

When there isn't a lot of direct competition, most business owners will take to opportunity to get a quicker return on investment for a new product and make some profit by selling at a higher margin. When someone else creates a similar product for less I'm sure a "sale" or "special" will be going on.

Also, I think the community should be able to vote on whether AR should be allowed here. They have made great products for the BMW community and it would be sad to never have their contribution, support and new product info here just because of a small dispute between them and ASR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I'm just saying if an AR catch can happened to accidentally fall off the truck by your house and you happened to accidentally raffle it off to BB readers, maybe everyone would be a lot happier. Click here to enlarge
    I'm not saying I'm opposed to picking up that catch can but someone needs to make an effort to get it in route. Hint: Not Me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    What do you think of HPF's turbo kit pricing?

When there isn't a lot of direct competition, most business owners will take to opportunity to get a quicker return on investment for a new product and make some profit by selling at a higher margin. When someone else creates a similar product for less I'm sure a "sale" or "special" will be going on.

Also, I think the community should be able to vote on whether AR should be allowed here. They have made great products for the BMW community and it would be sad to never have their contribution, support and new product info here just because of a small dispute between them and ASR.
    This is not a democracy, you have your voice and even some power of your own but ultimately decisions are made by a select, privileged, few. Just like the government of the United States Click here to enlarge I will gladly listen to what you have to say and take it into account. Decisions are ALWAYS made with the best interest of the board in mind. If it is better for the board to have AR, then it will be done, as simple as that.

No one said AR Design has some permanent ban or that things can not be resolved. All that was stated was the reasoning why they are not here and it was made quite clear. We do not waver in interpretation of rules for vendors as that then weakens the rules. They mean nothing if they are not enforced.

It does not matter who the dispute was with, what matters is that it was a guest vendor disrespecting the board, the supporting vendors, and the rules. Now you tell me why that should be allowed to continue?

Regarding HPF's pricing, they have that market all to themselves. They also have to recoup a significant initial investment. I believe there is now room for the price to fall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

has anyone else shown a radiator for sale? i don't see one.. if im the only one selling something, i can sell it for whatever i want. its up to you to buy it or not.. if noone buys it at that price, it will eventually come down.. what does their radiator have to do with their turbo?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Frankly, I really don't care if my "thunder" got stolen.

Those things do not bother me. I am not 12 years old.
    All I know is AR Design charges outrageous prices. If BMW fanboys want to purchase their products, then so be it.

To me, the project doesn't look well thought out at all. That is all I am saying.
    i guess the real test is:
    A. who's gets up and running first
    B once both, if either, or one, is running.. match them up and see who wins.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    has anyone else shown a radiator for sale? i don't see one.. if im the only one selling something, i can sell it for whatever i want. its up to you to buy it or not.. if noone buys it at that price, it will eventually come down.. what does their radiator have to do with their turbo?
    I don't think anyone said the radiator has anything to do with the turbo. Just as they are free to price it at whatever they want people are free to comment on it. The fact is there is significant markup there and that means there is room for a competitor. If they can sell it, good for them, they should charge as much as they can get. I'm not against making money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think AR makes some very nice stuff. They are pushing the N54 community forward IMHO so others can step in aswell and make room for compeition. I will hold my comments to what and how the turbo kit is, but from what i see i like Click here to enlarge Looks like a well thought out plan so far and the prototype pics looks nice! But its early on, lets see where this goes.

As for the radiator as mentioned, no1 else has one or has made one, plus Ar has a good quality deisgn and quality for there record so i think they can price at what they want and get it. I mean they are the first, until someone else makes something worth putting into a BMW and not just a hack job then i would assume AR will have to drop the price a little, esp if themod gets popular.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey if A/R design is willing to make a single turbo setup for my car for significantly less than what the HPF kit is going to run than I'm all for it. I love HPF's products, they're top notch and their customer service is amazing, but if I can get something for less and it will get me the same results than why would I knock them. Hell let them sell their radiator for 1200, 1500 for all I care. Doesn't mean I have to buy it.

Competition is a good thing, means lower prices and better products for us. I for one hope they get their kit up and running and make it affordable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have nothing against AR design, i've not always agreed with some of andrew's posts especially since a lot of them directly attack other vendors on BB and on e90post which imo is gives me a poor impression of the kind of person he is, but from a busness stand point they can put whatever price they want on products and i'd love for their turbo project to succeed if nothing else than to just show that there is life in the n54 beyond stock turbos.

But AR Design "couldn't care less about the BB wannabees" so why are you guys so adamant on getting them back on here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TurboSid Click here to enlarge

But AR Design "couldn't care less about the BB wannabees" so why are you guys so adamant on getting them back on here?
    When was this stated?

Members here wannabe what exactly?

And yes, he does attack everyone and anyone and that is a problem when you are a vendor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Doesn't even make any sense, many of the people are the same people. Wannabe what's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    wannabe forum Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    wannabe forum Click here to enlarge
    That doesn't make sense either, we want to do our own thing. I need to help him with his insults.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That doesn't make sense either, we want to do our own thing. I need to help him with his insults.
    he seems pretty bitter
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Oh boy I didn't know there was all this going on. Click here to enlarge

But I will admit that some of AR products are pricey BUT when they do a group buy the price is a lot better and that is when I buy or when someone is selling used! Click here to enlarge

I also can image what they will charge for this!! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I can go without cocky $#@! vendors personally. Not a fan of them at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky,
    i will buy you an OOC if it means keeping AR Design out of here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,
    i will buy you an OOC if it means keeping AR Design out of here.
    Deal Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast