Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No

    Do you guys need a reasonbly priced catless fix?

    Hey guys,

    Had an M3 customer from south Africa, where there are no smog laws, email asking for a reasonably priced M3 catless "header fix". He said the only option currently is to find a flash tune that does it or purchase some $400 contraption that mounts behind the OBDII port. Is there any demand for a less expensive solution?
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 01-01-2012 at 02:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    You know I'm in

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    877
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Passing readiness fix is needed. Your fix works for the N54's in my area. But only one S65 tune on the market can do it at the moment. Good luck.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Should be no problem. Which flash tune does it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Tore an S65 apart today and got some good data. Making a DPFIX for offroad cars that sets readiness should be no problem. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 01-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Tore an S65 apart today and got some good date. Making a DPFIX for offroad cars that sets readiness should be no problem. Click here to enlarge
    well then, I can once again beta test more $#@! for BMS!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Hurry up and get that exhaust installed!! Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    lol, i just got the cut-outs put in (soooooo $#@!ing loud when wide open, but very nice at 1/3 open), so no cat delete yet. all that should be here early next week

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, i just got the cut-outs put in (soooooo $#@!ing loud when wide open, but very nice at 1/3 open), so no cat delete yet. all that should be here early next week
    so we meeting tomm so i can finally see you car...i am out of work around 1 hopefully.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I have training this weekend, so i have admin stuff all day today, so no can do. i met some of the sunday cars-n-coffee guys that know you and spoke of your car Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I have training this weekend, so i have admin stuff all day today, so no can do. i met some of the sunday cars-n-coffee guys that know you and spoke of your car Click here to enlarge
    lol which ones the lambo guy or other guys?
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    other guys, one has a e46, maybe 330ci, and a s/c, AA or VF, i dont remember, but they are Army. wanted to run when I had the 335 Click here to enlarge but saw me yesterday in the new M and asked if i was gonna s/c it. said they new a guy in a 4 dorr white M, i cut them off and said yea, myboy akash, has the AA kit, red inake plenum ect.. told them im the one that convinced you to s/c instead of stroke.. and how your car made me get mine Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    other guys, one has a e46, maybe 330ci, and a s/c, AA or VF, i dont remember, but they are Army. wanted to run when I had the 335 Click here to enlarge but saw me yesterday in the new M and asked if i was gonna s/c it. said they new a guy in a 4 dorr white M, i cut them off and said yea, myboy akash, has the AA kit, red inake plenum ect.. told them im the one that convinced you to s/c instead of stroke.. and how your car made me get mine Click here to enlarge
    yea i know him Mike i think cool guy aa sc on his 330...Lol its deff a good story. I got it to try and catch up to you in power and somehow got you to get one lol.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    Well, spread the word. We're going a PNP style DPFIX. Should cost less than half of what you guys pay for that "DeleteX" thing and will give readiness so the DME reports all is good. Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Well, spread the word. We're going a PNP style DPFIX. Should cost less than half of what you guys pay for that "DeleteX" thing and will give readiness so the DME reports all is good. Click here to enlarge
    i like Click here to enlarge
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    So far working well on one local car. Need a few more alpha testers. So if anyone has an offroad track car, etc, with the emissions light on, email me. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    x-pipe should be here tomorrow Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Passing readiness fix is needed. Your fix works for the N54's in my area. But only one S65 tune on the market can do it at the moment. Good luck.
    And whose would that be?

    What do you mean by readiness btw?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    877
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    OE

    Readiness is needed for inspection in most states including mine (Boston)

    It means all monitors need to be reasy

    When a tune disables rear 02s for cata it makes the monitor not ready failing inspection.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Pipes are in, probably not gonna get to install them for another week or 2 though Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    281
    Rep Points
    194.8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    So far working well on one local car. Need a few more alpha testers. So if anyone has an offroad track car, etc, with the emissions light on, email me. Click here to enlarge
    So many wires in the ECU

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Tore an S65 apart today and got some good data. Making a DPFIX for offroad cars that sets readiness should be no problem. Click here to enlarge
    Lol.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Turned out being a little more work than I thought, but got it working. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Turned out being a little more work than I thought, but got it working. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Good work.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Ive got to go away again for a little while, but once im back ill order one Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Points
    8.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •