Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Standing Mile Event In Ohio

This is reposted for the Northeast guys:
    So now that the Maxton Mile standing mile event is officially defunct the venue will now be held in Wilmington,Ohio. The first race of the 4 scheduled races is set for April 28/29 2012.

I've always wanted to run the standing mile&now is a better time then ever since its closer than Maxton for me.

Anybody else interested in going??
    More info here:
    http://www.ecta-lsr.com/
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I. AM. DOWN. the caddy should have some boltons by then so I should be able to stretch its legs pretty well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think I can get some other cars to roll with me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im trailering 3 of my bikes to this event&I spoke to JRcart and he said he was planning on going also with his CLK. Its definitley NOT as bad a ride as it was to $#@!in North Carolina thats for sure..it should be ALOT of fun participating&watching all the fast cars/bikes too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Im trailering 3 of my bikes to this event&I spoke to JRcart and he said he was planning on going also with his CLK. Its definitley NOT as bad a ride as it was to $#@!in North Carolina thats for sure..it should be ALOT of fun participating&watching all the fast cars/bikes too Click here to enlarge

where are you located....maybe we can all meet up and ride Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im in Orange County NY,30miles North of the Tappan Zee Bridge...yes,we should definitely meet up&head down but I can only go so fast pulling a trailer lol...You may want to look into rollcage requirements too,I *think* (not sure) one is required over 150mph but definitely do not qoute me on that
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im in Orange County NY,30miles North of the Tappan Zee Bridge...yes,we should definitely meet up&head down but I can only go so fast pulling a trailer lol...You may want to look into rollcage requirements too,I *think* (not sure) one is required over 150mph but definitely do not qoute me on that
    lol...a roll cage over 150mph?...my car goes 167 stock....lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea...i wont be speeding too much on the way there...cant have anything happening on the way there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How long of a drive is it
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nismo370 Click here to enlarge
    How long of a drive is it
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im really looking forwards to this,hopefully all 3 bikes will crack 200 and one may break 205mph...a friend is bring his '11 BMW S1000RR also
    I have an old ECTA from '06,I'll dig it up&see what they say about the rollcage..again,that was second hand info I shared and if its true that would eliminate a lot of stock cars(like yours)that can easily acheive 150+ in a mile...I doubt that the 150mph number is true but you never know
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im really looking forwards to this,hopefully all 3 bikes will crack 200 and one may break 205mph...a friend is bring his '11 BMW S1000RR also
    I have an old ECTA from '06,I'll dig it up&see what they say about the rollcage..again,that was second hand info I shared and if its true that would eliminate a lot of stock cars(like yours)that can easily acheive 150+ in a mile...I doubt that the 150mph number is true but you never know
    o well...if it is...ill get at least one glory run....lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When I Googled "ECTA rollcage requirements" this came up,dont know how accurate it is but I know the guys from Eurocharged hit these one mile events frequently,maybe they will jump in this thread&shed some light on the subject.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...jM53q8EaCY6ZLQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When I Googled "ECTA rollcage requirements" this came up,dont know how accurate it is but I know the guys from Eurocharged hit these one mile events frequently,maybe they will jump in this thread&shed some light on the subject.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...jM53q8EaCY6ZLQ

if thats true then that SUCKS....ill call and see whats really up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That sounds like the best thing to do
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can throw my 2 cents in....

I personally will never attend a mile event that has not been run before. There is just too much danger in the type of event to be left for rookies. We have seen it all from lambos flipping right in front of me, sunroofs going airborne, and tires blowing at high speed.

Most events of this nature, in their infantcy tend to get real "strict" with their safety requirements as their insurance requires it and they don't know better. Also for the stock car comment, don't forget that you will have a headwind to deal with. (design of the airports guarentees this)

At the texas event, your pretty much good to hit 170 with just the basic safety equipment. Race jacket, race gloves, approved helmet, and fire extinguisher within reach. Once you hit 180 it gets more strict, and so on. At 200 your required to have a license/chut etc...

I will echo my other thread post with, just please make sure to check out the track and the shutdown area. You typically do not have a lot of area to shutdown and it requires great breaking power.

FYI...the texas mile has a half mile shutdown before the turn. If you do the math, doing 180mph that would leave you with around 9 seconds to slow to turning speed.

If you guys have any questions about anything mile related feel free to ask, we have done it so many times we have no problem sharing the info!
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    I can throw my 2 cents in....

I personally will never attend a mile event that has not been run before. There is just too much danger in the type of event to be left for rookies. We have seen it all from lambos flipping right in front of me, sunroofs going airborne, and tires blowing at high speed.

Most events of this nature, in their infantcy tend to get real "strict" with their safety requirements as their insurance requires it and they don't know better. Also for the stock car comment, don't forget that you will have a headwind to deal with. (design of the airports guarentees this)

At the texas event, your pretty much good to hit 170 with just the basic safety equipment. Race jacket, race gloves, approved helmet, and fire extinguisher within reach. Once you hit 180 it gets more strict, and so on. At 200 your required to have a license/chut etc...

I will echo my other thread post with, just please make sure to check out the track and the shutdown area. You typically do not have a lot of area to shutdown and it requires great breaking power.

FYI...the texas mile has a half mile shutdown before the turn. If you do the math, doing 180mph that would leave you with around 9 seconds to slow to turning speed.

If you guys have any questions about anything mile related feel free to ask, we have done it so many times we have no problem sharing the info!
    You raise good points here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been wanting to hit a mile track since I'm always at the 1/4 mile track but this is definitely some good info.