Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 229

Thread: AIRSTRIP ATTACK

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,344
    Rep Points
    32,760.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    Sticky should sponsor me and my car to go down there to take out the CLK63 guy Click here to enlarge
    I might do it just let him know there are faster cars...

    I look forward to running you and an HPF Stage 4!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,344
    Rep Points
    32,760.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    This is a really cool event I must say. I wonder how they go the airport to agree and if it is private. Time to do some research.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,098
    Rep Points
    5,890.6
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is a really cool event I must say. I wonder how they go the airport to agree and if it is private. Time to do some research.
    We need a mile please.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,267.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Don't get too excited, Stickys car won't be done. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict my C63 BS mods will be completed before Stickys car is done and I'm not even taking delivery of the car until March, mods should be completed June 1
    I really wanna know how he keeps his patience&sanity since his build is taking so long...I'd never be able to wait that long w/out blowing a gasket&cursing somebody the $#@! out lol
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,344
    Rep Points
    32,760.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    I really wanna know how he keeps his patience&sanity since his build is taking so long...I'd never be able to wait that long w/out blowing a gasket&cursing somebody the $#@! out lol
    Patience is a virtue or something along those lines. Mostly I just drink and try to not to think about it.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,267.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Patience is a virtue or something along those lines. Mostly I just drink and try to not to think about it.
    lol,that always works too!
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    M3's get out of the way huh? I'll let Gintani know I expect the car to be ready for this event.
    you don't stand a chance, trust me but if thinkng you can hang motivates you enough to start riding Gintanis ass on this then by all means yes, keep believing you can win. I will be paid and registered for this event within the hour when I get into the office, you should register too and email the confirmation to Gintani...but then again that would just make Gintani drag ass even more because we all know how bent outta shape they get when one of their cars gets beat by a Weistec car.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,344
    Rep Points
    32,760.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    you don't stand a chance, trust me but if thinkng you can hang motivates you enough to start riding Gintanis ass on this then by all means yes, keep believing you can win. I will be paid and registered for this event within the hour when I get into the office, you should register too and email the confirmation to Gintani...but then again that would just make Gintani drag ass even more because we all know how bent outta shape they get when one of their cars gets beat by a Weistec car.
    I'm honestly curious. You are running just about as quick through the 1/4 mile as a DCT M3 running much less boost than you but you think you stand a chance on stock internals vs. a built motor M3 with much more boost from a bigger blower? And I don't stand a chance somehow?

    I just don't think you are familiar at all with the platform you are talking about. We'll make it into an interesting comparison though.

    We'll see what Gintani does, I just want my car done as I would really like to attend this. How do you even know yours will be done in time?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I might do it just let him know there are faster cars...

    I look forward to running you and an HPF Stage 4!
    I am VERY well aware that there are faster cars out there but none of them happen to be E92 M3s!
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,344
    Rep Points
    32,760.7
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I am VERY well aware that there are faster cars out there but none of them happen to be E92 M3s!
    It's already a drivers race between your 660 rwhp and a DCT M3 on low boost... so I'm not sure why you are making this statement.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    i got something in the works Lm.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chi
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Points
    1,170.1
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    you guys crack me up....kinda cool event, but a mile is a ton better. You just get going at the 1/2 mile mark!

    Just a few things for people who haven't done anything like this before...

    - SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY We have seen people almost killed every time at these types of events. Make sure you have the proper safety equipment, as well as tires that are properly rated for the speed.

    - While this is a HP showoff....it is just as much about drag c. The m3 is a nice car, but he has you on drag sticky. (and im sure he knows it) When we did testing for the mile, a little change in the drag c was equiv to around 30whp. Button up and tape off all cracks etc. Little changes make big differences as you will be facing a headwind be airport design.

    - Make sure the car can run those speeds safely. Most tuners don't run cars mid to deep in the triple digits. Do it on the dyno first, verify injector duty cycle as well as a/f.

    - Datalog dammit.....

    - If anyone needs any pointers or has any questions let me know. We have done the mile over 10 times and know a ton of little tricks etc for the event. Its no drag race...the drags rules need not apply! (ie dropping curb weight doesn't do jack in the mile) Oh and fwiw, we were trapping 160 at the 1/2 mile marker for those who like to compare.

    have fun!
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

    Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

    Sales@eurocharged.com

    Over 7000 customers strong!

    Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

    Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    wait till i show up with my built LSX, then the games get started Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I am VERY well aware that there are faster cars out there but none of them happen to be E92 M3s!
    JRCart is right i think. The m3s in the 10s are trapping like 127 and hes trapping 134....there are a bunch of caddys running JRcarts times with just a built LSX and the stock blower.....there are 3 I know of right now that are about to get 2.9L whipples strapped on by spring time and trust me those guys will be doing 9s when they hit the track no problem....and i intend on doing the same Click here to enlarge american muscle FTW Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's already a drivers race between your 660 rwhp and a DCT M3 on low boost... so I'm not sure why you are making this statement.
    660rwhp LOL...that was yesterdays news, that figure is about 30% low

    You want to go for the trifecta? Dyno shootout, 1/4 mile and a standing mile? The Benz will have you covered in all departments and I don't even have a clue as to what mods you're getting done to yours, I'm that sure. Maybe give Steve a jingle and see if he recomends you taking that bet. Loser buys dinner, deal?
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,098
    Rep Points
    5,890.6
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    660rwhp LOL...that was yesterdays news, that figure is about 30% low

    You want to go for the trifecta? Dyno shootout, 1/4 mile and a standing mile? The Benz will have you covered in all departments and I don't even have a clue as to what mods you're getting done to yours, I'm that sure. Maybe give Steve a jingle and see if he recomends you taking that bet. Loser buys dinner, deal?
    Well, the things you're saying about his car is old news too. He hit a 131 trap with like 9lbs of boost 2 years ago. I'm sure once his car is finished and properly tuned with high boost, it will do some damage. Why don't you think he can hang with you?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Well, the things you're saying about his car is old news too. He hit a 131 trap with like 9lbs of boost 2 years ago. I'm sure once his car is finished and properly tuned with high boost, it will do some damage. Why don't you think he can hang with you?

    i dunno....if jrcart really is about 30% stronger now, that would imply hes knocking on 900whp door....if so then i think hes got sticky beat in the dyno and standing mile dept...hes up there with built LSX cars with twin turbos or big blowers....he should be doing 9s as well and trapping over 140mph...i dont know much about the gintani blowers and what they are capable of but id be shocked if they can hit 850+whp...id love to be proved wrong....will make for even more competition when the caddy is done Click here to enlarge

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,098
    Rep Points
    5,890.6
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i dunno....if jrcart really is about 30% stronger now, that would imply hes knocking on 900whp door....if so then i think hes got sticky beat in the dyno and standing mile dept...hes up there with built LSX cars with twin turbos or big blowers....he should be doing 9s as well and trapping over 140mph...i dont know much about the gintani blowers and what they are capable of but id be shocked if they can hit 850+whp...id love to be proved wrong....will make for even more competition when the caddy is done Click here to enlarge
    I'm not doubting his car or anything either. He's just saying it, like there is no chance for him at all. The blower itself is capable of that much power, but it depends on the engine too. I think that would be maxing the motor and blower at that much power from what DBFIU said once. JR's car is up there with the LSX motors, those things are beasts. Only time will tell, for now it's obvious which car is stronger.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Guys, I'm just trying to fire up Sticky with some good old fashioned ribbing so he rides Gintani to get his $#@! buttoned up already. Sticky's a good guy and I do want to race him but win or lose it will be a friendly match up. I am not sure what he's getting done but I know what's being done at my end, if his is anywhere close to mine or faster than mine it's gonna be one hell of an insane race to watch.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    ...and lets be honest, we all know his car won't be ready anyhow so it's a moot point. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Guys, I'm just trying to fire up Sticky with some good old fashioned ribbing so he rides Gintani to get his $#@! buttoned up already. Sticky's a good guy and I do want to race him but win or lose it will be a friendly match up. I am not sure what he's getting done but I know what's being done at my end, if his is anywhere close to mine or faster than mine it's gonna be one hell of an insane race to watch.

    lol...we know....we're just busting his balls too...haha....i crashed my e93, waited a yr, then got my CTS-V and he STILL doesnt have his car back yet...lol...but yea...i say my Built LSX vs your Weistec SC M156 vs Stickys Blown Stg3 S65 would be an awesome drage race to watch....we should do one of those insideline tests that they do on an airplane strip with all the exotics...lol

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    ...and lets be honest, we all know his car won't be ready anyhow so it's a moot point. Click here to enlarge
    ^this...lol

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,098
    Rep Points
    5,890.6
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol...we know....we're just busting his balls too...haha....i crashed my e93, waited a yr, then got my CTS-V and he STILL doesnt have his car back yet...lol...but yea...i say my Built LSX vs your Weistec SC M156 vs Stickys Blown Stg3 S65 would be an awesome drage race to watch....we should do one of those insideline tests that they do on an airplane strip with all the exotics...lol
    LOL, race of the century. One domestic, I'm on your side buddy. Then the faceoff with the germans haha.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol...we know....we're just busting his balls too...haha....i crashed my e93, waited a yr, then got my CTS-V and he STILL doesnt have his car back yet...lol...but yea...i say my Built LSX vs your Weistec SC M156 vs Stickys Blown Stg3 S65 would be an awesome drage race to watch....we should do one of those insideline tests that they do on an airplane strip with all the exotics...lol
    I had a first generation Lingenfelter CTS-V...biggest piece of garbage in the world, chewed up and spit out 7 rear-ends. When it ran right it was fast but spent more time in the shop than on the track. The new V's are great, a neighbor of mine just bought the coupe.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I had a first generation Lingenfelter CTS-V...biggest piece of garbage in the world, chewed up and spit out 7 rear-ends. When it ran right it was fast but spent more time in the shop than on the track. The new V's are great, a neighbor of mine just bought the coupe.
    yea i heard about the rear end issues with the V1s....ill have a properly built rear for my CTS-V...the one the big shot camaros use Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •