12-29-2011, 05:51 PM #1Supporting Vendor
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Rep Points
- 12 Post(s)
- Rep Power
HPF Orange M3 - Undergoing New Mods
We are gearing up for the next race season which is about ready to start. I thought I'd take a quick tour through the shop and post up what we're working on today.
- HPF Orange Track M3
- HPF Pink Drag M3
- HPF Stage 2.5 to 3 M3 Upgrade
- HPF RHD Twin Turbo M3
- HPF Z4M Turbo
- HPF Stage 4 Widebody
- HPF Stage 2 M3 with Precision 6766 Upgrade
- Active Autowerke Supercharged 330
- HPF Stage 1 Single Turbo 335i
- HPF Stage 3 M3 w/E85 and ProEFI
HPF Track M3 - Chris
Upgrades - Target 2,800lbs (was 3,127 lbs) w/Quick Spooling 750rwhp Powerband
- Sleeved Block
- High Compression Pistons .040" Underbore
- Supertech Valve Springs w/Titanium Retainers for 9,000rpm Rev Limiter
- Precision 71 DBB Billet Turbo - same as before
- Lexan Windows
- Remove Door Panels
- Remove Power windows, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, etc.
- Remove Passenger Seat
- Replace Gas Tank with Fuel Cell
- Remove Dash and replace with Aimsport Display
- ABS Removal
- Lower Wing and make it more flat
- Tie Roll Cage to Front Strut Towers
- Add Halon Fire Supression
- Replace 3 Piece VIP wheels with Lightweight Monoblock Wheels
- I have 3 sets of VIP Modular 3 piece wheels. If you want them let me know
- If you have any recommendations on Lightweight Wheels that will clear massive Brembo Brakes, let me know.
HPF Drag M3 Motor - Fallon
HPF Stage 2.5 to 3 Upgrade - Adam
HPF Twin Turbo RHD M3 - Damien
HPF Turbo Z4M - Alex
HPF Stage 4 (Widebody) - Jason
HPF Stage 2 w/Precision 6766 - Gus
Active Supercharged 325 - Carlos
HPF Single Turbo 335i - Eric
HPF Stage 3 w/E85 and ProEFI - Tony
12-29-2011, 09:57 PM #2
12-29-2011, 10:23 PM #3
Awesome update! (Shame on you for hiding the N54 stuff!)
I would be in heaven as an employee there I imagine......
What turbocharger will be run on the shop car? I have an idea of what could help the powerband.
12-30-2011, 03:47 AM #4
I've made a science out of pulling weight out of this chassis. If you want to bounce some ideas around, I'm more than willing to open up my little black book and share some ideas.
I can tell you for example exactly how much the lexan window conversion will save you, and things that you can take out that most people had no idea were even there. Want an example? Look under the rear seat where the fuel tank covers are. Remove those rubbers, and from UNDER the car there is a ring that holds those 3 bolts that can be removed. Weld in a new tin plate to close the holes over and you've saved just over 1 Lb. I did that a ton of places....then went back and did it again. One day we found 9 lbs just in trim tabs, and misc sheet metal.
The Motorsport Chassis I've worked on were under 2600lbs with the driver fully caged...add your turbo stuff and the'd be under your target weight. The only question is...how heavy is that widebody stuff?
I'm building a tube frame chassis, so most of this stuff is no longer relevant to me.Rep Points > Posts since 2010
12-30-2011, 05:55 AM #5
12-30-2011, 02:45 PM #6
Awesome update and projects
EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....