Close

Thread: Fastest Recorded N54 in Canada :) 121mph - Cayuga, Ontario

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

Talking Fastest Recorded N54 in Canada :) 121mph - Cayuga, Ontario

After having been plagued with issues on the car for the last 2-3 months, small things popping up here and there, think I've finally got my beast back

My best run on this track with all the stage 3 boltons (UR ******* DPs, AE ******* exhaust, UR CAI, Helix FMIC) was 12.61@111mph with a 2.0 60'. This was with V3 last year.

I installed the CMGS-FS VC2 kit a few weeks back, went to the track with a pure windshield washer fluid mix (45-50 meth and 50-55 water) and did a best of 12.7@117.0. This was with MS109 in the tank. My shifts sucked, avg between 0.35 fastest and 0.55sec, taken from procede datalogs by looking at the Throttle on/off datalog..I was pleased with the trap but couldn't believe my ETs, so damn slow, had to re-learn my MT shifts...I was actually shifting at close to 7k for most of the runs except this last/best run of the night.

In the morning after the above runs though I noticed that my rear intake pipe on my CAI was completely off and the car was sucking in hot unfiltered engine air the whole time. I also had a bad TMAP sensor which would sometimes spike my IATs to 255F (130C) so that was probably causing some ign timing issues as well.

Finally I wanted to attempt my best so far today. I put in an 80/20 meth mix (M7 nozzle), I decided to shift around 6100-6200 rpm (not 6800-7000) and basically try to get out of 1st gear as quickly as possible as I noticed through procede's datalogs that I'd spend a HUGE amount of time sliding around and feathering the clutch in 1st to get going so that had to get fixed.

Arrived at the track, first run on pump + 80/20 meth: 12.7 @118 with a 2.2 60'...right away I was encouraged but my 60' SUCKED!...did 3 more runs, got it to 12.50@119.15mph with a 2.05 60'...this was awesome, getting better definitely...

At this point I had only about 45mins before the track closed so I decided to pour in 2 galons of MS103 (last time I ran MS109). With race gas and meth I did 3 more runs. Out of those 3, last two traps shocked me, 120 and 121mph...my ETs were 12.35 and 12.39..

Considering my fastest 12.39@121 was with a 2.1 60' there's still lots of potential to squeeze out numbers..hoping for 123-124mph and with on DRs for a 1.7sec 60', should put my ETs to mid-high 11s, can't wait...my 1/8th was the best i've seen 95.3mph

Oh, by the way, my shifting greatly improved...most shifts were 0.25secs with a best of 0.22..beat that HA!

I took out all the seats in the car, just left mine in...For reference, E92 M3s ran a best of 12.9@112 tonight (pulley+SSK+exhaust)

And finally, here's the slips:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Nice work again bro, really happy for you.

I am coming for you tomorrow tho (assuming the wife lets me out)! Weight reduction and race gas incoming. Still no DRs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

luca and gian are going as well...good luck to all of you...waiting for you guys to brake this record so i have a reason to go back Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

What is this: CMGS-FS VC2 ?
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

its a w/m injection system. cooling mist
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its a w/m injection system. cooling mist
    Ah, I should have guessed that, thanks.
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I guess i know everyone wants to feel special, but once you start adding and adding to the title of the "world record" it loses its luster.. i can see a few parameters, like 135 or 335 at or Mt, nos, no nos, and even tune only , i can understand those.. but it really doesn't matter where, especially since we share a border.. great runs though, i am very happpy for you and even jealous right now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess i know everyone wants to feel special, but once you start adding and adding to the title of the "world record" it loses its luster.. i can see a few parameters, like 135 or 335 at or Mt, nos, no nos, and even tune only , i can understand those.. but it really doesn't matter where, especially since we share a border.. great runs though, i am very happpy for you and even jealous right now
    You actually make a good point here.

* Tacos sold separately