Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I been thinking about it, and I may have to get this. I LOVE my current cutouts, but i think even the Mrs would enjoy a bit more sporty sound when they are closed..
    I'm switching to a valved setup as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just to let you know iPE makes another valved exhaust, the Inotech F1 setup. Its priced up there but it sounds ridiculous. Id like to see a sound comparo between the three, as the inotech is almost like stock when its closed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    Just to let you know iPE makes another valved exhaust, the Inotech F1 setup. Its priced up there but it sounds ridiculous. Id like to see a sound comparo between the three, as the inotech is almost like stock when its closed.
    Thanks but I would only go with our vendors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks but I would only go with our vendors.
    We ARE a distributor for them, I believe IND carries it as well Click here to enlarge

Not tryin to hijack Evolves thread, I was just stating your original post that there is more than 2 valve exhaust systems available for the M3. Having facts correct is one of your standing features right? Click here to enlarge

*EDIT* I forgot to add the Meisterschaft GTC exhaust has E-valves., as well as DesignTek Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Itsbrokeagain; 03-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    *EDIT* I forgot to add the Eisenmann Meisterschaft GT exhaust has E-valves as well Click here to enlarge
    Boooooooo!!! Don't even use these names in one sentence Click here to enlarge

Joking a side, they are two different exhausts Matt. One is like Bruce Lee (Eisenmann) and the other one is some punk Bruce Lee wannabe who plays in 3rd grade crap movies (Meisterschaft).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Boooooooo!!! Don't even use these names in one sentence Click here to enlarge

Joking a side, they are two different exhausts Matt. One is like Bruce Lee (Eisenmann) and the other one is some punk Bruce Lee wannabe who plays in 3rd grade crap movies (Meisterschaft).
    LOL my bad. I'll make that revision right now

I totally forgot all about that whole scandal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What should be much appreciated about the Evolve E-Tronic Exhaust is that, compared to some of the aforementioned valved mufflers, Evolve's doesn't lose measurable power when the valves are closed despite having a drastic difference in sound and volume.

Either way, it would be great to see a video comparison of the different mufflers out there to note the differences in design approach and tone.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not tryin to hijack Evolves thread, I was just stating your original post that there is more than 2 valve exhaust systems available for the M3. Having facts correct is one of your standing features right?
    Absolutely, did not even realize you carried them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These types of exhausts are becoming popular...I can't figure out if I want one or not...>_<
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    These types of exhausts are becoming popular...I can't figure out if I want one or not...>_<
    you do, especially for a 5 series luxury sedan

have a headache? need to use the phone? gotta avoid law enforcement attention? wife/gf need to gossip/nag?
    valves closed

want to be the center of attention? valves open

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 5 is going in about a week...getting a c63 son lol

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    even more of a reason. I believe @georgesmooth has a valved setup he enjoys
    Last edited by LostMarine; 03-12-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    even more of a reason. I believe @george Smooth has a valved setup he enjoys
    Haha...the more so he needs a valved exhaust and long tube headers
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha yeah choices choices...and money money lol...we'll have to see...it's a lease so I'll have to see how I feel after a few months of driving the car...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha yeah choices choices...and money money lol...we'll have to see...it's a lease so I'll have to see how I feel after a few months of driving the car...
    I have a review of the Agency unit in the M156 section in my build thread. Will be doing videos soon with the Lth on. It's a must have.
    Evolve system is well designed and as a company I think they are doing a great job with their r&d. The system I got looses 28whp when open vs closed and I can clearly see why but I think the effort wasn't put it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    but I think the effort wasn't put it
    Sorry don't understand it...?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The system I got looses 28whp when open vs closed and I can clearly see why but I think the effort wasn't put it.
    ok, i dont feel so bad now whe i only lost 4hp. what exactly needs to happen to gain that, and hopefully more once its tuned? is it just an AFR thing? if it is, i would rather have it tuned for open and just run rich when closed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry don't understand it...?
    I feel with the agency a better job could have been done in terms of power losses with the valves closed vs open. I will give them the benefit of the doubt as I haven't tested the looses with LTH yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a review of the Agency unit in the M156 section in my build thread. Will be doing videos soon with the Lth on. It's a must have.
    Evolve system is well designed and as a company I think they are doing a great job with their r&d. The system I got looses 28whp when open vs closed and I can clearly see why but I think the effort wasn't put it.
    Man i heard some horrible stuff about Agency and their exhausts. Never been a fan of them, and they are made in Korea, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man i heard some horrible stuff about Agency and their exhausts. Never been a fan of them, and they are made in Korea, right?
    People just say the stuff is cheap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The quality in my case is impeccable. Whoever does the welding is a master. We checked further in the exhaust at the internal side of the welds with a scope and the guy who welded the joints knows what he is doing. If you believe the the theory that its the same guy that makes them all its someone in Taiwan although all the companies are using different electrics so cannot confirm if the exhausts are all the same and each guy is doing his own electronics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok, i dont feel so bad now whe i only lost 4hp. what exactly needs to happen to gain that, and hopefully more once its tuned? is it just an AFR thing? if it is, i would rather have it tuned for open and just run rich when closed.
    In my case its a back pressure problem as the gasses route a completely different way. Check the diagram on my build thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People just say the stuff is cheap.
    There was a guy in M5board, his Agency power exhaust had some cracked welds.
    The quality in my case is impeccable. Whoever does the welding is a master. We checked further in the exhaust at the internal side of the welds with a scope and the guy who welded the joints knows what he is doing. If you believe the the theory that its the same guy that makes them all its someone in Taiwan although all the companies are using different electrics so cannot confirm if the exhausts are all the same and each guy is doing his own electronics.
    Good to hear that you are satisfied. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm...Sounds interesting...I would love to silence my car when I don't need all that power...but we'll have to see...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There was a guy in M5board, his Agency power exhaust had some cracked welds.

Good to hear that you are satisfied. Click here to enlarge
    There where also alot of guys on M5board that vouched for Abid from ASR Engineering and look where it got me.Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast