Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Smile BMS JB3 + DCI Giveaway Contest Pics and Quick Review! Thanks Bimmerboost!

I'd like to thank Bimmerboost for the great giveaway contest. Thanks also to BMS for the generous sponsorship.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?399-BMS-Juice-Box-Stage-3-Dual-Cone-Intake-Giveaway-Contest!!!

After a busy last semester, I graduated and before I started grad school, I finally had a chance to install the JB3 and DCI that I won in the contest.

I had the JB3 1.4 before this so the JB3 w/ 2.0 was a significant improvement. Installation was easy especially since I used my PnP harness.

It pulls very hard and here's a dyno chart on Map 5:
    Click here to enlarge

Note that I was running an alpha version so there's some throttle closure. I'm still waiting on my tuning cable so I can update it and do some datalogging.

With the JB3 increasing maximum boost from about 8-9 psi to upwards of 13 psi in some cases, the turbochargers will need more air. The stock airbox, although very well-designed and adequate, is apparently somewhat restrictive at higher boost levels. This is where the BMS DCI comes in.

With two inverted S&B filters with double the surface area of the stock paper filter, these attach directly to the air intake pipes. Although some people consider these “hot air intakes” in that they reside in the engine bay and have the propensity to suck in hot air, my belief is that since the air will be heated up significantly by the turbochargers anyway, there won’t be too much of a performance hit.

Installation was not terribly bad but with minimal space to work with, it can be challenging. With the DCI, I can feel a slightly snappier throttle response. One thing that is extremely noticeable is the loud “whoosing” induction sound that sounds very nice. You can also hear the turbochargers spool up, more so than with the stock airbox. I find myself flooring it every chance I get just so I can hear that intoxicating sound.

All in all, the JB3 and DCI are great and I'm grateful that I won the contest. Thanks!!!

Here are the pictures:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you for the review and follow up, well done with the dyno and pics!

Our sincere apologies for the mixup regarding the 1.4 and 2.0, blame Dark335.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats again on the win and nice upgrade. The dyno was a quality addition.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good review! are you running on 91 or 93 octane?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for the review and follow up, well done with the dyno and pics!

Our sincere apologies for the mixup regarding the 1.4 and 2.0, blame me for being slow in the head and mentally retarded.
    youre a smart man sticky, i applaud you for your honesty...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    good review! are you running on 91 or 93 octane?
    93 octane