Thread: Coil Spring Rates ?
12-19-2011, 07:02 PM #1
Coil Spring Rates ?
What are the spring rates for E46's ?
I just bought a set of coils for lowering my E46...
these are the specs:
- 100% brand new, Never been tried or installed
- Comes with 2 front and 2 rear lowering springs kit; in Yellow color exactly shown in the picture
- Better handling stabality/Drift control, Compatible With OEM shock
- Improve Corner Grips and Balance
- Lower Rate: 2,25" Front / 1.5" Rear
- Spring Rate: 300 lbs/in Front 250 lbs/in Rear
- No instructions included, Professional installation is highly recommended
12-19-2011, 08:25 PM #2
12-20-2011, 01:04 AM #3Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Valley Stream NY
- Rep Points
- 85 Post(s)
- Rep Power
I would assume its not much less than those spring rates..I would assume 250-275 front and 200-225 rear..
12-20-2011, 07:07 AM #4
Not sure what to think of it... but i got a set of 4 coils for 90$...
I guess it's a you get what you pay for thing... but only time will tell, i have new bilstein shocks on the car so a little more stiff than OEM will be fine...
only looking for a little better stance but OEM-like handling / ride...