Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Rob Beck Turbos - Going In

Had these installed today. Unfortunately, I had to leave before it was all buttoned up. Reports are the initial test drive went good. Will get down to load an upgraded turbo map and pick up the car tomorrow after work.

(last pic is the old turbos, that look to be in perfect shape - tuned since June 2007).

More feedback to come soon.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice, will be waiting for some dyno sheets and a video Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congratulations on a major upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sweet! those are in my plans for next year Click here to enlarge, right after LSD and Oil cooler
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice garage
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool next stop dyno!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    nice garage
    Yes. I enjoy every chance I get to hang out there. A big screen tv, full size fridge, heat and A/C, giant air compressor, all the tools you could ever need. Also houses one of the fastest supercharged e39 M5's in the country. Just noticed a GT1 in the corner this visit, so maybe injector coding could be done there? Not to bad for someone's private back yard.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    these RB's are getting popular. They put out nice numbers too.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    Yes. I enjoy every chance I get to hang out there. A big screen tv, full size fridge, heat and A/C, giant air compressor, all the tools you could ever need. Also houses one of the fastest supercharged e39 M5's in the country. Just noticed a GT1 in the corner this visit, so maybe injector coding could be done there? Not to bad for someone's private back yard.
    Adam (Clem) is the man. He did my fmic and dp on the n54. I plan on going RB in the future so I'm glad to know he can tackle the install. How many sets has he done of these now in the area? Is it 2?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Scott did Adam have any feedback on installing these vs. the OEM units?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    these RB's are getting popular. They put out nice numbers too.
    RBs should be good to 550whp...IMO anything above there becomes a real PITA traction wise...i already have to run DRs daily to be able to use all the power they deliver even at 480-500whp..and that you get at about 19psi...according to Rob these should be ok to 25psi but i'm sure that'll be down low/midrange to about 5k rpm and then taper to about 20psi redline...might be wishful thinking to run that much boost on stock internals and stock 10.2 compression but we'll see, maybe we run into a fuel system limitation before that
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    RBs should be good to 550whp...IMO anything above there becomes a real PITA traction wise...i already have to run DRs daily to be able to use all the power they deliver even at 480-500whp..and that you get at about 19psi...according to Rob these should be ok to 25psi but i'm sure that'll be down low/midrange to about 5k rpm and then taper to about 20psi redline...might be wishful thinking to run that much boost on stock internals and stock 10.2 compression but we'll see, maybe we run into a fuel system limitation before that
    How wide are your DD tires?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    How wide are your DD tires?
    DRs are 275, street performance tires are 295
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DRs are 275, street performance tires are 295
    damn, damn, even with 295s?

Well, lets see how it goes for OP Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn, damn, even with 295s?

Well, lets see how it goes for OP Click here to enlarge
    I'm selling the VMR VB3 19" wheels that have the 295s on them though...going lightweight 17x9" Apex ARC-8 square dedicated setup with probably 275s Nitto NT555Rs out back for the summer..Already have the APEX wheels, they look great, they're as light as Kosei K1s but a lot stronger
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm selling the VMR VB3 19" wheels that have the 295s on them though...going lightweight 17x9" Apex ARC-8 square dedicated setup with probably 275s Nitto NT555Rs out back for the summer..Already have the APEX wheels, they look great, they're as light as Kosei K1s but a lot stronger
    Have you posted pics yet? If not, please do so Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I suspect they have the flow potential to hold 22-23psi through redline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you posted pics yet? If not, please do so Click here to enlarge
    APEX or VMR?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    I suspect they have the flow potential to hold 22-23psi through redline.
    cool! i can't even imagine what that will feel like as currently i'm running only about 17-17.5psi up there
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im pretty sure Cobb will be doing some data collecting, regarding EGT and pre-turbine pressures. It will be very nice to see how that data looks along with recording what kind of power increase that additional boost brings.

cool! i can't even imagine what that will feel like as currently i'm running only about 17-17.5psi up there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder what happened to Scott? He had them installed last week and not a peep from him. Very wierd

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully just weather or holidays related
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's an elf, its a busy time for him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    He's an elf, its a busy time for him.
    Hah!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm around. Drove the car to the in-laws yesterday. Only about 37F so no traction. On the highway I could feel the new power. Santa brought a CM10 nozzle I want to swap in for the DO7 I have now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast