Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Buckhead Imports RMS Stage 2 supercharged E39 M5 (S62 V8) cracks 600 wheel horsepower on 91 octane

    This is the same E39 M5 that previously ran 11.7@122 in the 1/4 mile. They took it to a dynojet and it put down 606 wheel horsepower in what appears to be STD correction. Impressive? Yes, when taken into account this was supposedly done on 91 octane pump gas. Blower used is a Vortech V2 SI pushing around 10 psi of boost. This would be the first and only S62 in the world to go over 600 wheel on stock internals. This level of boost on pump gas with 11.0:1 stock S62 compression shows a well tuned setup by RMS.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice, I've been thinking about getting an E39 M5 and throwing some boost at it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    369
    Rep Points
    442.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Love it. Buckhead Imports is an awesome shop and their techs are the best around. I have several friends who use them and have been for 10+ years. Jason is great and so are his guys, real enthusiasts there. I wonder on the 91 octane though? Georgia is a 93 octane state..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of fire and ice
    Posts
    167
    Rep Points
    170.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Many people have "thrown some boost" at S62 motors and learnt some expensive lessons.

    You guys have to remember that the block is weak and does not respond well to boost.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    that's a really really nice power curve for a supercharger..
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s62 Click here to enlarge
    Many people have "thrown some boost" at S62 motors and learnt some expensive lessons.

    You guys have to remember that the block is weak and does not respond well to boost.
    Is it due to tuning, running too much boost...what are the specifics? Once you start adding boost to NA motors it becomes a details game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of fire and ice
    Posts
    167
    Rep Points
    170.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Is it due to tuning, running too much boost...what are the specifics? Once you start adding boost to NA motors it becomes a details game.
    Aluminium block - flexes alot.

    Walls between cylinders very thin.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s62 Click here to enlarge
    Many people have "thrown some boost" at S62 motors and learnt some expensive lessons.

    You guys have to remember that the block is weak and does not respond well to boost.
    It is definitely important to keep in mind it is a weaker block than the M62.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    that's a really really nice power curve for a supercharger..
    M's with SC's look that good and even better... the beauty of them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s62 Click here to enlarge
    Aluminium block - flexes alot.

    Walls between cylinders very thin.
    This, they pushed the cylinder wall thickness to the max to add displacement to the 4.4 M62.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Awesome setup. Always loved that car. Derail but whatever happened to the few twin rotrex sc m5s roaming around??

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of fire and ice
    Posts
    167
    Rep Points
    170.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome setup. Always loved that car. Derail but whatever happened to the few twin rotrex sc m5s roaming around??
    Mine has 50.000 km on it since the SC install in 2006.

    Still running strong - my daily driver.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s62 Click here to enlarge
    Mine has 50.000 km on it since the SC install in 2006.

    Still running strong - my daily driver.
    Was this a kit, custom?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Could you make thread of your twin rotrex setup. I believe AA did one or few. I seen one long time ago sick setup and nice numbers. Can't find it again for life of me tho.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Could you make thread of your twin rotrex setup. I believe AA did one or few. I seen one long time ago sick setup and nice numbers. Can't find it again for life of me tho.
    He linked me to one, I'll put it up for him.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Cool. I want to see

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of fire and ice
    Posts
    167
    Rep Points
    170.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It was a kit sold by a company in Sweden called Alutech. There are
    probably around 5-10 cars running with this kit.

    Here is a link to some info on my car: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...p?h=0&t=476632

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Love the torque of this thing. Nice and fat.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    97.8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't know about 600whp. A stock e39 m5 traps 110ish. Pick up 12mph=~260whp!?I just think that 600whp should yield a lot more trap.. like another 10mph. At that power level, e36s trap just under 140... I do expect the bigger vessel to get outtrapped. But not by 15mph. e92s don't weigh too significantly less than e39s. A e92 M3 with 600whp doesn't trap 122.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of fire and ice
    Posts
    167
    Rep Points
    170.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I also have trouble believing 600whp and stock internals.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    19.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I dropped my car off at Buckhead last week to have the same kit installed. (2001 M5, 74k miles, stock internals) RMS has started production on the kit.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    284
    Rep Points
    0.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    The Bimmer V8's are coming. It seems i have been hearing about alot more high power stock block v8's lately that have been around for awhile but under wraps. One as high as 730 hp.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    I don't know about 600whp. A stock e39 m5 traps 110ish. Pick up 12mph=~260whp!?I just think that 600whp should yield a lot more trap.. like another 10mph. At that power level, e36s trap just under 140... I do expect the bigger vessel to get outtrapped. But not by 15mph. e92s don't weigh too significantly less than e39s. A e92 M3 with 600whp doesn't trap 122.
    I do expect more trap as well but these cars are not nearly as efficient in utilizing their HP as the E92 M3.

    Still, you would expect more trap as you said for that power level.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
    The Bimmer V8's are coming. It seems i have been hearing about alot more high power stock block v8's lately that have been around for awhile but under wraps. One as high as 730 hp.
    Where did you hear that?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Timmay77 Click here to enlarge
    I dropped my car off at Buckhead last week to have the same kit installed. (2001 M5, 74k miles, stock internals) RMS has started production on the kit.
    Congrats!

    So this is being installed this/next week? Please get us photos if you can and would really be interesting in your impressions. Dyno as well if you get it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •