Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 535d turbo-back custom exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Tiago you said u have 5 series car I doubt its the same configuration on the 3 series but man it sounds WICKED we need a 3 series config otherwise we are waisting our time. It is the same engine but a different layout froma 5 series toa 3 series, hopefully we can make it work for our 335d's. Has anyone seen our layout, I have been under my car and damn the exhaust is so RESTRICTED at some point is PUZZLING.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My exhaust is custom made. I have a friend with a E92 330d and he has a silimar exhaust made also by the same shop. The only difference is that he only have two mufflers. I really doubt that any brand would release a system for our cars, so custom is the route.

About the E92 335i wagner-tuning IC, actually it fits a lot better in the 3 series plataform than 5 series.

The rest is ecu tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tiago Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With a normal tune for 350hp, the exhaust and ic it gaves alone a jump of 35hp. Then, after the ecu adjust it allowed more 20hp for a total of 405hp.
    Would like to see the graphs...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

wow amazing!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thanks for the info. We have the very same transmission so i will ask them to not taper anything.... i wan't come up to 850nm any way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Would like to see the graphs...
    We made several dynos but only printed the last one. But the graphs looks all pretty much the same, only the scale differs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just joined the forum and found this thread, exactly what I've been looking for !
    I'm in Western Australia and have been looking for a local performance exhaust centre to carry out this work for me, but I didnt really have any ideas what was needed.
    Now I do !
    I have a Nov 2006 built 530d, low kms, and ripe for tuning.
    I also have a Bluefin Superchips map to put in once I have the exhaust sorted and the swirl flaps removed.
    Thanks for all this info and the pics, its made my life a lot easier, I can go to the muffler people and say I want this !
    Cheers' from down under and if there are any of my countrymen on here please say hello with a pm to me, shared info is more useful !
    Keith

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keithscossie Click here to enlarge
    Just joined the forum and found this thread, exactly what I've been looking for !
    I'm in Western Australia and have been looking for a local performance exhaust centre to carry out this work for me, but I didnt really have any ideas what was needed.
    Now I do !
    I have a Nov 2006 built 530d, low kms, and ripe for tuning.
    I also have a Bluefin Superchips map to put in once I have the exhaust sorted and the swirl flaps removed.
    Thanks for all this info and the pics, its made my life a lot easier, I can go to the muffler people and say I want this !
    Cheers' from down under and if there are any of my countrymen on here please say hello with a pm to me, shared info is more useful !
    Keith
    Welcome! Let us know how it goes.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

try again !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spoke with the guys at one of Perth's top performance exhaust companies today and I was amazed how low the price is for an all stainless system.
    $1800 Aud, lesser companies had quoted almost twice as much.
    This is for a similar system to Tiagos 3" one BTW.
    So as soon as I get the DPF and cat bypass pipes from Eco tune I know what will be next on the agenda.
    I also ordered the Prior Design 5 series widebody kit so look out Perth, there is one mean looking Diesel on the way !!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Why buy the expensive decat pipe from ecu tune when you will install already a custom exhaust? I bet that the exhaust shop can make it with the rest of the exhaust for a fraction of eco tune price. That is what i did with mine.
    Last edited by Tiago; 06-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spoke with the guys at one of Perth's top performance exhaust companies today and I was amazed how low the price is for an all stainless system.
    $1800 Aud, lesser companies had quoted almost twice as much.
    This is for a similar system to Tiagos 3" one BTW.
    So as soon as I get the DPF and cat bypass pipes from Eco tune I know what will be next on the agenda.
    I also ordered the Prior Design 5 series widebody kit so look out Perth, there is one mean looking Diesel on the way !!
    Damn, buddy. That's a lot of good work. Let me know how the fitment is on the PD kit. I was recently considered it, but opted out because I was unsure of fitment. Mean looking kit, though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tiago Click here to enlarge
    Why buy the expensive decat pipe from ecu tune when you will install already a custom exhaust? I bet that the exhaust shop can make it with the rest of the exhaust for a fraction of eco tune price. That is what i did with mine.
    Tiago, as I've said before, this is my first diesel and I know stuff all about DPF's etc.
    Whats the chance of some detailed pics / drawings of your DPF/CAT replacement pipe??
    I know these guys can make the exhaust, they do drag racing and all motor sport, but have virtually no experience with diesels and beemers in particular.
    Its all Ford and Holden V8's here Click here to enlarge
    I'm game to give them the whole job, but what happens regarding the tune and remap etc ?
    Eco tune has the remap to go with the pipes, thats what worries me, not having access to this info for the remap, cos no one here in Perth has ever done a remap on a 5 series Diesel I'm sure Click here to enlarge
    I dont want to get to the stage where the exhaust is fitted and I cant get anyone to do the tune.
    Please, pics / drawings would be a HUGE help.
    Cheers and have a good weekend
    Keith

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've only heard good things about Prior so I'm game to give them a go.
    My panel guy had a good look at the website etc and reckons he can do the job easy, and I have faith in him so here goes.
    I'll post pics as the build takes shape but I'll start a separate thread to do it.
    I wont be starting till mid august at the earliest so please be patient with me Click here to enlarge)
    Cheers
    Keith

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tiago, as I've said before, this is my first diesel and I know stuff all about DPF's etc.
    Whats the chance of some detailed pics / drawings of your DPF/CAT replacement pipe??
    I know these guys can make the exhaust, they do drag racing and all motor sport, but have virtually no experience with diesels and beemers in particular.
    Keith
    Buy from eco tune just the sw and ask to the exhaust shop a straight pipe from the turbo with all the bungs to fit all the exhaust sensor by the same order. Eco tune downpipe shows pretty well how simple it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Tiago,
    I spent a few hours on the web today and found some good pics to show the exhaust guys so I will go with a complete system from them as long as they can do it Click here to enlarge
    I will get the soft ware from Ecotune as soon as I get the exhaust started, tnx for you help
    Cheers
    Keith

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FormerRotor Click here to enlarge
    Damn, buddy. That's a lot of good work. Let me know how the fitment is on the PD kit. I was recently considered it, but opted out because I was unsure of fitment. Mean looking kit, though!
    Kit is being fitted as we speak.
    The fit so far has been excellent, only very minor adjustments.
    I'm going to the body shop tomorrow to see how things have gone as its been a week since I could get there.
    I'll post some pics.
    Wheels are leaving the US today I believe ( 2 piece Aristos ) and tyres are due in next wednesday so things are coming together.
    pics tomorrow I promise !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, the DPF bypass and the software from Ecotune is here, and we have already done the read and programming ready for after the new exhaust is fitted.
    That will be after the body kit is fitted.
    Watch this space.
    I'm also looking at a poss Carbon fibre bonnet and roof wrap, but a bit different from the usual stuff.
    Again ,I'll post some pics when they happen.
    Getting excited Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

ok amigo keep us posted!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

been to body shop today, nothings happened this week at all.
    Thats the prob with getting " mates rates" ,. better paying jobs get priority Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

been to body shop today, nothings happened this week at all.
    Thats the prob with getting " mates rates" ,. better paying jobs get priority Click here to enlarge
    check out my site. I did all this a few years ago on my 535d. Any questions just ask.

www.bmw535d.co.uk
    M5 V8 Twin Turbo. At last, how long did it take BM to wakeup and use turbo's on M carsClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks m5tt,
    I had a look and I'll be asking some questions once I get a few more things organised here !
    Things are moving again, but..... the Aristo wheels are holding me up.
    If they dont leave the US today I'll have to cancel as they are going to SEMA and I cant wait the extra weeks for the rims Click here to enlarge
    They have about 20 hrs to get them shipped or I have to take drastic actions that I really dont want to take.
    I cant get any more done without the wheels and the body shop isnt really able to keep the car there while I wait for them.
    So I'll have to move the car on a transporter and go to the back of the waiting list Click here to enlarge
    But maybe they will leave the States today.............................

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well here it is the 11th December and the wheels have arrived Click here to enlarge
    There is a reason as no one has ever really put this body kit on a real car it seems, and the info for the offsets for the wheels just wasnt available.
    Manu at Aristo in California has been amazing finding out all that was needed and he even made the front rims three times cos the info wasnt right, hats off to him and his guys !
    So now I have all the wheels work has started hacking out rear arches etc.
    Once its all finished I'll be taking it to the guys I mentioned before to do a straight through to two rear outlets, with NO mufflers at all , just the Ecotune dpf gear.
    Hopefully it will meet noise levels here, if not then we will have to add something Click here to enlarge
    I'll post pics as soon as there are any that show whats really happening.
    Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had for a month a 3" pipe from turbo which splits into 2.5" pipes next to the rear differential. It only had a free flow muffler in the middle of the car and the sound wasn't that bad. It sound pretty mean but once it is my daily driver i put later more two mufflers, one each side of the back pipes close to the tips, to quiet down a bit the tone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Tiago you mean to say you put a RESONATOR before the mufflers correct me on this ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast