Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Cobb news: EU support, 1M , Z4s Stage 2plus Stock Throttle

COBB AccessPORT Updates for Europe, Z4i, Z4is, 1M and New Stock Throttle Stage2+ Maps

Click here to enlarge

COBB Tuning is excited to announce big updates for BMW AccessPORT support. Effective immediately, European N54 equiped BMW 135i, 335i, 335is, 335xi, 535i and 535xi vehicles can take advantage of the power, control and convenience of the AccessPORT that US BMW enthusiasts have been enjoying through 2011. The 2010-2011 Z4i and 2011 Z4is also get AccessPORT support, both in the US and in Europe. The AccessPORT is now availble as a Beta release for the 2011 1M. Lastly, new Stock Throttle profile Stage2+FMIC maps are available for those that prefer the more aggressive throttle mapping as programmed by BMW. Read on for more details about the work COBB Tuning is doing to make sure the AccessPORT is the most comprehensive OEM ECU tuning solution available for BMW performance enthusiasts.

Euro AccessPORT Support
    Official support of European N54 equipped BMWs has begun. New AccessPORTs are shipping with pre-loaded performance enhancing Stage1, Stage2 and Stage2+FMIC maps to get new users up and running with the push of a button. The maps specify the appropriate RON fuel grade required for each map to perform properly. All previously sold AP-BMW-001 AccessPORTs can be used on European N54 BMW's by performing a simple firmware upgrade. The Euro BMW AccessPORTs come with all of the same features released on previous versions, including Performance Monitoring, Live Data Gauges and Datalogging of over 60 ECU monitors, and DTC Scanning and Clearing. A full list of AP-BMW-001 enhancements are available in the AP-BMW-001 AccessPORT Firmware Release Notes.

Z4i and Z4is AccessPORT Support
    In both the US and in Europe the 2010-2011 BMW Z4i and 2011 Z4is are now supported by the AccessPORT. With Stage1 gains of 30%HP / 38%TQ and Stage 2 gains of 51%HP and 55%TQ, N54 equipped Z4i owners have something to get excited about.

Click here to enlarge

1M Beta AccessPORT Support
    The N54 equipped 2011 BMW 1M AccessPORT is now available as a Beta release. Beta Stage1 maps are preloaded for flash and go convenience. All AP-BMW-001 AccessPORTs can be upgraded to support the Beta 1M relase by performing a simple firmware upgrade.

Click here to enlarge

New Stage2+FMIC Stock Throttle Maps
    Based on customer feedback, we have released the first of our Stage2 maps with the stock BMW throttle profile. The Stage2+FMIC maps now have the choice of factory stock throttle mapping or COBB Tuning's linear throttle mapping. The factory stock throttle mapping is non-linear and tends to be much more aggressive in the initial range of throttle pedal. This throttle mapping gives drivers that "kick in the pants" feel of power ramping up very quickly. The COBB Tuning linear throttle mapping keeps throttle profile linear across the entire range of the throttle pedal. Linear throttle is more appropriate for driving on a race track or for drivers that prefer a very predictable and consistent throttle pedal throughout the entire range. These new stock throttle Stage2+FMIC ST
    maps can be downloaded from the BMW AccessPORT Map Database. Follow this Step-By-Step AccessPORT Map Download and Transfer Guide to download maps, transfer them to your AccessPORT and flash them to your ECU.

Step-By-Step Instructions
    These step-by-step instructions will help you upgrade your AccessPORT firmware as well as download, transfer and flash new maps to your ECU.

To learn more about the AccessPORT US and Euro BMW's, or to get answers to any questions you may have regarding COBB Tuning products, please call our Customer Support Team at 866-922-3059.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Just tried the S2+FMIC aggressive ST map. Not a fan. Linear map going back in tomorrow Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Just tried the S2+FMIC aggressive ST map. Not a fan. Linear map going back in tomorrow Click here to enlarge
    But it's so much fun! It makes for fun driving in the city, but not a strip or track map.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

love that quote in your sig yandyr lol that was awesome
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    But it's so much fun! It makes for fun driving in the city, but not a strip or track map.
    Tip-in is way too aggressive. It's even more aggressive than stage 1's stock throttle map. Maybe I'll drive on it a day or two to see how it is. So far, not a fan.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    love that quote in your sig yandyr lol that was awesome
    I knew someone would get a kick out of it Click here to enlarge
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

By the way.. stg2+agg stock throttle mapping.. be careful when it's wet.. /post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Is the firmware upgrade really needed for European cars? What does it do?
    I believe Cobb AP has been working all the time for European cars, but Cobb just didn't know it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Is the firmware upgrade really needed for European cars? What does it do?
    I believe Cobb AP has been working all the time for European cars, but Cobb just didn't know it...
    It always worked for EU cars. Firmware updates should be done on a weekly base IMHO, they add support for more ECU all the time and add small changes. Loading time for example is much faster now.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have done the update, but now i have 2 extra S2 no FMIC maps, whats that about anyone has it? I see all the S2+ ST and Linear, and i see 2 S2 no FMIC maps twice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    I have done the update, but now i have 2 extra S2 no FMIC maps, whats that about anyone has it? I see all the S2+ ST and Linear, and i see 2 S2 no FMIC maps twice.
    i always delete all maps in the COBB after the update and upload what i need from the one i have in the AP folder previously downloaded from their site.
    happened couple of times that i have done the update and the map i uploaded the day before disappeared.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

im loving the stage2+aggr stock throttle mapping!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

GIVE US THE S2 NO FMIC STOCK THROTTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!