Thread: BMW 2013 6 Series Gran Coupe officially revealed - Aud A7 and Mercedes CLS competitor

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

BMW 2013 6 Series Gran Coupe officially revealed - Aud A7 and Mercedes CLS competitor

Well here it is, the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe. The final product is... stunning. The car will come in two flavors initially with the 640i and 650i. All wheel drive is likely to be an option but it is unknown if it will be available for both motors. The interior of the car is especially striking with BMW simply doing a great job on the interior. There is far more leg room offered by the Gran Coupe by virtue of it using the F10 wheelbase. It will go on sale in late 2012, pricing yet to be announced.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow the 6 series looks great in 4-doors. That interior looks like a work of art! Nice contrast in colors and good flow on center console. Seats remind me of seats from a speedboat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DubSport Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow the 6 series looks great in 4-doors. That interior looks like a work of art! Nice contrast in colors and good flow on center console. Seats remind me of seats from a speedboat.
    The interior blew me away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 door m6 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LAF motor sports Click here to enlarge
    4 door m6 ?
    Yep, it's coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just not feeling it.

Why even enter the "4-door coupe" market with such a boring design. The whole point of this segment is to make a statement with the exterior lines of the car. It just looks like a normal sedan.

This thing is going to be a premium over a regular 6-series. MSRP is looking to be at a minimum ~$90k. The better looking CLS starts at $71k, huge bargain in comparison.

Crazy thing is, you might be able to pick up a CLS63 AMG for what BMW will charge for this car with options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Just not feeling it.

Why even enter the "4-door coupe" market with such a boring design. The whole point of this segment is to make a statement with the exterior lines of the car. It just looks like a normal sedan.

This thing is going to be a premium over a regular 6-series. MSRP is looking to be at a minimum ~$90k. The better looking CLS starts at $71k, huge bargain in comparison.

Crazy thing is, you might be able to pick up a CLS63 AMG for what BMW will charge for this car with options.
    The CLS would be in bargain in comparison then.

It doesn't make too much sense to me either but they want to compete in this segment. It is just an all out sales war and BMW doesn't want to lose their premier position.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know they WANT to compete in this segment, the CLS is a huge success...but there's a reason people buy the CLS in such great numbers.Actually, there are many reasons to buy a CLS over the equivalent E class. It is noticeably more sporty to drive, has a nicer interior (especially when comparing the first CLS to the E class of its day, I know because we have a 2003 E320) and above all it looks VERY different compared to an E class. The current E is very edgy with lots of masculine straight lines while the CLS is a much more organic, flowing shape. Both are gorgeous, but if you don't like one then you can buy the other.I haven't driven the new 6 series and of course haven't even seen the Gran Coupe in person so I can't comment on the way it drives, but I can comment on its styling. It looks great, just like the new 5 and 6 look great, but to me it's too similar. I don't think as many people will look at a 5 series and decide they want to pay more for the 6 GC UNLESS they care about the added exclusivity OR the GC turns out to be noticeably different to drive. If it has slightly sportier steering and handling, that coupled with the more powerful engine with valvetronic could be enough to persuade buyers.Where I live, the GC will undoubtedly be a success. Even if it was somehow a bad car, it would sell just because it's more exclusive than a regular 5 series sedan but I hope it's a success elsewhere, too, because I truly love it. I'm just worried it won't be differentiated enough from the regular 5 and 6 for the average buyer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    It is noticeably more sporty to drive
    I don't know about this. What are you basing it on?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THE INTERIOR!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
    THE INTERIOR!
    It's amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's amazing.
    The best BMW has ever done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lil later here but, this is the first time i'm seeing the exterior. I first saw the interior a few days ago from m5boards' youtube vid. I felt it was magnificent. Now that I see the exterior and i'm not ... as excited about it. I'll also say the same gripe I did when I saw the interior vid... Why did BMW reformulate the 6 series ? I know this may seem trivial to some but, I really felt like they should have just named it another number series. This probably would have required a complete different body which is probably something they didn't want to do. " 4 series " probably would have seemed too much of a downgrade for some and " 8 series " could have been seen as leaving more desired to surpass a 7 series. I can understand wanting to compete however, as far as looks are concerned ( which I feel is 80-90% of the point of this category of cars) this doesn't seem like a worthy opponent. From the inside OF COURSE !!!! from the outside, it just seems like another sedan 2012+ bmw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Lil later here but, this is the first time i'm seeing the exterior. I first saw the interior a few days ago from m5boards' youtube vid. I felt it was magnificent. Now that I see the exterior and i'm not ... as excited about it. I'll also say the same gripe I did when I saw the interior vid... Why did BMW reformulate the 6 series ? I know this may seem trivial to some but, I really felt like they should have just named it another number series. This probably would have required a complete different body which is probably something they didn't want to do. " 4 series " probably would have seemed too much of a downgrade for some and " 8 series " could have been seen as leaving more desired to surpass a 7 series. I can understand wanting to compete however, as far as looks are concerned ( which I feel is 80-90% of the point of this category of cars) this doesn't seem like a worthy opponent. From the inside OF COURSE !!!! from the outside, it just seems like another sedan 2012+ bmw.
    6 series was picked due to the history of the 6 coupe as a GT car.

8 series just didn't make as much sense.