Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    anything physical works as long as you do it for a long time and keep your nutrition uptake.
    i dunno what some people smoke in here but you need to do 5-10 min cardio before any work out, if you don't after a 10 years your heart will be $#@!ed.
    Why would your heart be $#@!ed if you didn't do cardio before a workout?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    100% nutrition. Also you are doing to much cardio. Cardio every day means you will lose mass. So you will find yourself skinny, but weak. Its a delicate balance if you do it naturally.

    Your other option is just do some HGH. The fat will just melt off. Click here to enlarge
    I think I'll avoid the HGH but thanks.

    I thought maybe I wasn't doing enough cardio. I only added the weight training because people said that would help. We'll see I guess, I'll just keep it up.

    I should probably cut out the alcohol as that has likely been the greatest impediment.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,155
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would your heart be $#@!ed if you didn't do cardio before a workout?
    Cardio gets your heart to pump blood and nutrients resulting in heavier bench etc. If you go straight to weights you are puting stress on your heart. Just run for a few mins before every work you.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Cardio gets your heart to pump blood and nutrients resulting in heavier bench etc. If you go straight to weights you are puting stress on your heart. Just run for a few mins before every work you.
    I did not know that.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,155
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I did not know that.
    Do you jump in your M3 on a cold start and just gun it?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Do you jump in your M3 on a cold start and just gun it?
    I didn't realize my blood had to get up to a certain temp... not exactly a valid analogy but I get your point.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,155
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I didn't realize my blood had to get up to a certain temp... not exactly a valid analogy but I get your point.
    Your heart needs to warm up and pump more blood + nutrients in to your muscles. This alone will help you gain muscles faster.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Your heart needs to warm up and pump more blood + nutrients in to your muscles. This alone will help you gain muscles faster.
    Alright, I'm convinced, I'll do warm up cardio.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,155
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Alright, I'm convinced, I'll do warm up cardio.
    Go get em boy!

    whats your hight and body weight ? you loo kabout 5.8 150-160 in pictures.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    whats your hight and body weight ? you loo kabout 5.8 150-160 in pictures.
    That's weird because I've never looked that small in my life.

    I'm 5'10 190. Just want to hit 180 and I'll be stoked. Although I have put on a little bit of muscle as I can tell with my belt which I can fit tighter yet my weight is still 190.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,155
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's weird because I've never looked that small in my life.

    I'm 5'10 190. Just want to hit 180 and I'll be stoked. Although I have put on a little bit of muscle as I can tell with my belt which I can fit tighter yet my weight is still 190.
    weird i swore you look very small in your pictures from a party i saw... i guess i was wrong

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Points
    28.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think I'll avoid the HGH but thanks.

    I thought maybe I wasn't doing enough cardio. I only added the weight training because people said that would help. We'll see I guess, I'll just keep it up.

    I should probably cut out the alcohol as that has likely been the greatest impediment.
    I wasnt offering just saying I hear it works. Click here to enlarge

    Yes, drinking is a big prob. It adds many calories. One of the first things I cut out was drinking. At least daily drinking. LOL

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    560.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    All you need to do to develop lean muscle is follow one simple trick.....

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    All you need to do to develop lean muscle is follow one simple trick.....
    Please tell me it involves alcohol and football.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    560.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Please tell me it involves alcohol and football.
    I'm not too sure. I never end up clicking the sidebar ads.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Incline dumbell press is better than flat. Try to incorperate it.
    Added the incline dumbbell press.

    Thing is, I can't do as much weight as the flat. It may be due to the order but I'm doing about 20 pounds less on the incline than the flat.

    I go flat first, then chest fly, then incline. Barely finished the incline. I felt like it was my arm giving out though and not my chest.

    Also added shoulder flys and hammer curls.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24
    Rep Points
    31.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is normal for everyone I know. A while back when I was having trouble adding more weight to my bench press I added some cable movements into my chest workout. It also has helped me to change up my routine every few weeks or so. It's mostly about form and diet. Don't lift heavy at the expense of form. Are you taking a preworkout shake? If not you might want to check them out. Just my two cents.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Points
    28.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Added the incline dumbbell press.

    Thing is, I can't do as much weight as the flat. It may be due to the order but I'm doing about 20 pounds less on the incline than the flat.

    I go flat first, then chest fly, then incline. Barely finished the incline. I felt like it was my arm giving out though and not my chest.

    Also added shoulder flys and hammer curls.
    Nice. Try doing incline first, then flat, then flys. Alternated week to week. Flat first, then incline first. Flys always last.

    You will always be weaker on the incline than the flat. I can press the 130's dumbells on incline and the 150's on flat. I can never do the 150's on incline even if I do it first.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisN54 Click here to enlarge
    That is normal for everyone I know. A while back when I was having trouble adding more weight to my bench press I added some cable movements into my chest workout. It also has helped me to change up my routine every few weeks or so. It's mostly about form and diet. Don't lift heavy at the expense of form. Are you taking a preworkout shake? If not you might want to check them out. Just my two cents.
    Pre and post-workout shakes.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Nice. Try doing incline first, then flat, then flys. Alternated week to week. Flat first, then incline first. Flys always last.
    Why flys last? Why incline first?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Points
    28.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why flys last? Why incline first?
    Save your strength for the most productive exercise. Flys are good but they are more cosmetic in my opinion. Just like bi's. Do your biceps after your back workout. They are spent already so you just need to finish them off.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Save your strength for the most productive exercise. Flys are good but they are more cosmetic in my opinion. Just like bi's. Do your biceps after your back workout. They are spent already so you just need to finish them off.
    I save rows for last usually.

    I feel flys seem to work the chest the most whereas the press works shoulders and triceps as well.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    need to work on your mind-muscle connection as well then. make sure you squeeze and feel it in your pecs when your doing chest, but generally yes, tri's and shoulders are gonna get a pounding too
    and definatly move rows upn in your routine, compound movements first, then isolation (unless its just a lazy, im here but too sore to actually work or just a pump day- but that could just be a Jersey/NY Guido thing Click here to enlarge )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •