Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Super Veyron coming?

Click here to enlarge

We're talking about the long-rumored 1,200-horsepower "super Veyron." Its arrival has been anticipated for years, and now accounts from Germany are bringing it back to life. According to the reports, Professor Ferdinand Pich the former Volkswagen chairman, Porsche heir and father of the Veyron recently delivered a lecture at the Vienna University of Technology, wherein he briefly alluded to the emergence of the 1,200-hp Veyron, but revealed no further details.
    We all know the motor can put out more power. The question is can the transmission take it?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe Bugatti should have their DCT built by SSP as well!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    Maybe Bugatti should have their DCT built by SSP as well!
    The Veyron modding market is pretty small but I'm sure they would love to rip into it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So, who builds the E-gear tray for the URG TT 1500 WHP Gallardos? It should not be hard for VW...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    So, who builds the E-gear tray for the URG TT 1500 WHP Gallardos? It should not be hard for VW...
    E-gear is just a hydraulically actuated manual... completely different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

only 200 more hp? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Man the veyron fascinates me. So much technology in one car.

Does anyone know the answer to these questions I have.

What is the stock boost pressure of the veyron?
    Who manufactures the turbochargers? Size compressor and turbine?
    What is the bore x stroke of the engine?
    Redline at ?
    Dyno chart of a Veyron please?
    What type of oil does it use? Does it not have like 10 radiators to shed the heat?
    Tell me something about the drivetrain? Isn't it a 7 speed sequential? Is it DCT or slushbox?

So many questions...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

^you can ask those questions after you own one....

Click here to enlarge

JK!

No idea, but I'm sure if you emailed bugatti with a swiss bank account number, they would be more than happy to help you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Man the veyron fascinates me. So much technology in one car.

Does anyone know the answer to these questions I have.

What is the stock boost pressure of the veyron?
    Who manufactures the turbochargers? Size compressor and turbine?
    What is the bore x stroke of the engine?
    Redline at ?
    Dyno chart of a Veyron please?
    What type of oil does it use? Does it not have like 10 radiators to shed the heat?
    Tell me something about the drivetrain? Isn't it a 7 speed sequential? Is it DCT or slushbox?

So many questions...
    I would take the half hour or so it would take to answer all this but.. you have Google too. Use it! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Here's a website.

I couldn't find anything more accurate, this looks a little cheesy but it's something.

http://www.torquecurve.com/compariso...p-260-dyno.htm

This site is actually pretty cool. You can input your cars torque curve, weight, wind resistance and drivetrain loss and actually drag race other cars in the database. You don't need to physically put strain on your car to race, just dyno it once and upload your data and race all you want. WIN
    Last edited by DBFIU; 05-21-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

^ That is pretty cool!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I was doing some more searching and read that the veyron produces 513 lb-ft of torque at idle.

It needs so much torque just to idle because of the 16 cylinders, 4 turbos, pumps, accessories, electrical etc...

513, AT IDLE!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

It has an 86 mm bore and stroke, a square configuration. Considering it's 8 liters of displacement, the pistons are actually quite small (because there are 16), only 3.39" in diamater. Compare that to a smallblock ford 5.0, 4" diameter pistons.

It is 9:1 compression and stock boost peaks at around 18 psi, and gets about 8 mpg city, 14 mpg hwy.

Forgot to add it is DCT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    It has an 86 mm bore and stroke, a square configuration. Considering it's 8 liters of displacement, the pistons are actually quite small (because there are 16), only 3.39" in diamater. Compare that to a smallblock ford 5.0, 4" diameter pistons.

It is 9:1 compression and stock boost peaks at around 18 psi, and gets about 8 mpg city, 14 mpg hwy.

Forgot to add it is DCT.
    Nice info!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

With ECU (dual ECUs) tuning on a run of the mill Veyron we see 180-200awhp gains and torque to match, 1200 from the factory won't be hard at all. They're already truly at 1050-1075.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    With ECU (dual ECUs) tuning on a run of the mill Veyron we see 180-200awhp gains and torque to match, 1200 from the factory won't be hard at all. They're already truly at 1050-1075.
    Who the hell tunes their veyron and when do I get to meet them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell tunes their veyron and when do I get to meet them?
    The 3 we've done so far have all been in the U.A.E., they have 6 total in the country. Honestly they don't really need anymore power, it's already impossible to pull your head off the headrest when stock. I've mentioned it before but above 220mph there's so much low pressure around the cabin of the car it literally sucks the air out. In order to safely hit even the stock top speed of 254 (we never got over 220 even with tune, just not enough road, they closed 3 miles of highway down for us at night time) you legitimately need a respirator system. Some of those that had previously driven the car (the sheik's gift them around to their extended families, pretty cool) said that they had almost passed out on numerous ocassions due to this. Also even though it is the most affluent country in the world (it's not uncommon to see 3-5 599GTBs on the road on a 5-10 mile drive) Veyrons are still extremely rare there and everyone whips out a cell phone to take a pic, so you really can't tear it up in the daytime.
    Getting to the ECUs (housed in rear fascia/bumper) is a 4hr job, more like 6hrs when people are watching over you lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

wow cool info there mhp, crazy how long it takes to access the ecu.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    The 3 we've done so far have all been in the U.A.E., they have 6 total in the country. Honestly they don't really need anymore power, it's already impossible to pull your head off the headrest when stock. I've mentioned it before but above 220mph there's so much low pressure around the cabin of the car it literally sucks the air out. In order to safely hit even the stock top speed of 254 (we never got over 220 even with tune, just not enough road, they closed 3 miles of highway down for us at night time) you legitimately need a respirator system. Some of those that had previously driven the car (the sheik's gift them around to their extended families, pretty cool) said that they had almost passed out on numerous ocassions due to this. Also even though it is the most affluent country in the world (it's not uncommon to see 3-5 599GTBs on the road on a 5-10 mile drive) Veyrons are still extremely rare there and everyone whips out a cell phone to take a pic, so you really can't tear it up in the daytime.
    Getting to the ECUs (housed in rear fascia/bumper) is a 4hr job, more like 6hrs when people are watching over you lol.
    I have not heard any of this stuff about the pressure before... that is insane. Why do cars that run in the mile for example not have this problem?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have not heard any of this stuff about the pressure before... that is insane. Why do cars that run in the mile for example not have this problem?
    Not sure if it's a sealing issue with Veyrons in particular, but I do know I felt a bit lightheaded at 200+. Maybe it's a combo of the "hand of God" acceleration and low pressure. Whatever it is they all warned me about it before heading out, and I really didn't believe it until I felt it myself.