Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blue smoke?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Screw the tranny! Get the stockers warranty work done and then throw some nitrous in there to the mix....It would cost you less in the long run! lol
    yes but then if motor go boom i got even bigger problems to worry about!

heck, even my stock turbos are building boost perfectly and the car is evidently making good power... maybe i'm just being overly paranoid, but I need to think ahead now a bit. These turbos are likely on borrowed time, and I need to budget accordingly god forbid BMW denies my turbo claim Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wont go boom if you dont go overboard...Respect the bottle and the bottle will respect the motorClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wont go boom if you dont go overboard...Respect the bottle and the bottle will respect the motorClick here to enlarge
    considering how little i respect my turbos, i likely won't respect the bottle Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well there you go, then you got your answer then! lol Anyway keeps us posted on your issues or lack of! BTW my snow performane unit is acting up...I mounted it where FBIS mounted his SI (metal bracket near the front of the engine where fuel line goes up from) and for some reason when my engine gets really hot, the SI doesnt read flow until I let the motor cool down...Very weird but I am still trouble shooting it. I already have a back up plan as I just purchased the Aquamist unit brand new from someone in ALASKA! lol Got it brand new for 60 bucks shipped..How thats for a deal, brand new from Howerton shipped is 200 bucks shipped!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well there you go, then you got your answer then! lol Anyway keeps us posted on your issues or lack of! BTW my snow performane unit is acting up...I mounted it where FBIS mounted his SI (metal bracket near the front of the engine where fuel line goes up from) and for some reason when my engine gets really hot, the SI doesnt read flow until I let the motor cool down...Very weird but I am still trouble shooting it. I already have a back up plan as I just purchased the Aquamist unit brand new from someone in ALASKA! lol Got it brand new for 60 bucks shipped..How thats for a deal, brand new from Howerton shipped 200 bucks.
    yeah man told u that snow unit isn't 100% fool proof. Mine's been good as long as it's not too hot outside. Funny, looks like karma's being good to u for selling me the snow failsafe for cheap Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    yeah man told u that snow unit isn't 100% fool proof. Mine's been good as long as it's not too hot outside. Funny, looks like karma's being good to u for selling me the snow failsafe for cheap Click here to enlarge
    Really I had no idea that this was happening to your unit also Click here to enlarge Hmmm i guess I dont need to troubleshoot it anymore. The thing is I cant see how Aquamist unit is any better because compared to SP unit, the SP unit looks more robust and capable of more protection.
    Well if I do change out the SP unit, the aquamist unit will be mounted in the engine bay where I can access it very easily, unlike the location I have with the SP unit...Bad idea for sure..In order to get to it I have to jack up the car and take off the panels and loosen that bracket to take out the safeinjection...I dont know what I was thinking but then again who knew that these units were so easily broken. Would you know if the SI uses a hall-effect sensor like the aquamist does and the same flow wheel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why don't u stop half-assing it and put it in your damn trunk? it's much cooler in the trunk than where you got it mounted now! It doesn't crap out unless its REALLY hot (over 100 degrees), which means it crapped out one day this whole year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why don't u stop half-assing it and put it in your damn trunk? it's much cooler in the trunk than where you got it mounted now! It doesn't crap out unless its REALLY hot (over 100 degrees), which means it crapped out one day this whole year.
    I have a E93 bro...pump is behind the rear drivers wheel whele..Either way it has to be mounted into the engine bay at this point because its the easiest to access at this point....Damn that bracket gets over 100 degrees I am sure. Sucks balls man. Keep you posted on my dilemna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Welcome to the club of blowing blue smoke. lol. If you end up getting the Helix turbos let us know. Nobody has gotten a proper dyno on a proper tune from them yet. But they're obviously not at the same potential as RB. But might be a fun upgrade for those looking for just a little more power. Granted that the cost isn't too high.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the club of blowing blue smoke. lol. If you end up getting the Helix turbos let us know. Nobody has gotten a proper dyno on a proper tune from them yet. But they're obviously not at the same potential as RB. But might be a fun upgrade for those looking for just a little more power. Granted that the cost isn't too high.
    If they do 2500 installed (if my turbos are toast and bmw doesn't warranty them) i'll consider it. If not, I'd rather pony up for the RBs.

Considering my car never burned oil like this (nor have I ever beat on my car this badly before) I can't say I'm overly surprised. Super high boost with no cool down for 8 straight pulls, kinda asking for it. I don't even think hotrod puts his car through that kind of abuse! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my car has dropped as well about 1/4 oil after 10 pulls back to back (i had 1/4 on for some time though and did many many pulls before that) No smoke as far as i can see but will check when letting off. I noticed lots of oil goes into the AR design Catch can when doing many pulls .
    I agree you get all kind of freaken thoughts about it...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if all the meth/water we're spraying is $#@!ing with the oil level sensor...someone said that it may impact its calculated reading
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then changing oil every 3000 miles should be mandatory running meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be using blackstone labs used oil analysis to dial in oil changes a bit better over time..currently I'm changing oil every 6k miles
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if all the meth/water we're spraying is $#@!ing with the oil level sensor...someone said that it may impact its calculated reading
    i can say that if i drive around and car is warm sometimes is shows full level for a while , than after running hard it goes down again....
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i can say that if i drive around and car is warm sometimes is shows full level for a while , than after running hard it goes down again....
    does the level come up again after cooling down following those hard runs?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My oil sensor seems fine. Still showing that I lost a half quart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    apparently not fast enough! hotrod would have me by buslengths with less boost and less bolt-ons!
    Yeah we know about that!Click here to enlarge
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine's got a mind of it's own too. And I don't use meth...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too much crank-case pressure and dying turbo seals are both things that could cause that. Nothing major mechanically, just keep an eye on that oil level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    does the level come up again after cooling down following those hard runs?
    nope is still half.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I noticed lots of oil goes into the AR design Catch can when doing many pulls.
    Are you sure that you've seen the oil inside your AR Design Catch Can? Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive had the occasional smoke with smell when i come to a complete stop, i am currently completely catless. I loose upto a quart of oil every 4000 miles, i dont drive hard though.. I use Motul power 5w 40. I change oil at 4k miles intervals. Still building, holding boost perfectely and no shaft play..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Are you sure that you've seen the oil inside your AR Design Catch Can? Click here to enlarge
    yes, its collected in a half cut alu can now sealed with duct tape Click here to enlarge AR just sent me a replacement for free !
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, its collected in a half cut alu can now sealed with duct tape Click here to enlarge AR just sent me a replacement for free !
    Coke can FTW! Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12