Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The help BoostAddict choose his next car thread

Hey guys. As much as I love BMW's, I feel that with my college student budget the level of performance I'm after is not attainable. Therefore I have decided that it was time to move on to something else. The problem, I love cars. All of them. I have an appreciation for every type of car, import or domestic. Because of this, I have trouble picking a platform. Not only because see the good, but I also see the bad. With that said, I'd like the input of my forum brethren on my decisons. The hope is maybe you guys will see something, or know something that I haven't found out yet.

So, here's the deal. I love tracking my cars (road course). The reality is though, that is going to happen very often. I still want a car capable of doing that, without having to constantly worry about a limp. Whatever I drive will serve as a daily probably until about summer time. I do plan to save up for an e30 or e36 to daily, but making $8/hour and on 1 install/month it going to take a little. I also need something with a good amount of power. We do go to Bahamas international Raceway quite often here, so it needs to be somewhat competitive. I don't mind buying a car that is already modded, It's cheaper that way.

Requirements:
    -Manual
    -Powerful
    -Somewhat practical
    -Track-able
    -Not exceed 22k
    -In Florida

So far the cars that come to mind are C5 Z06's, and 03-04 Cobra's. I already test drove a Z06, and plan to drive a cobra this weekend. I'm open to other ideas as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The current offering. This guy has even offered to trailer the car to Florida.

FS: 700++RWHP Silver '04 Coupe, Kenne Bell, True Forged, E85, 35k miles

After 7 1/2 years of owning one of the best cars on the road, I am posting up for sale my 2004 Silver Metallic SVT Cobra Coupe. The car currently has 35,000 miles on it and is in absolutely incredible condition. Most people say this, but I own a hand car wash.

I purchased this car from Russell & Smith Ford on July 31, 2004 and have been the only owner. The car has only been back for the gas pedal shield TSB. No issues, no warranty claims, no head tick, no engine issues EVER!

I recently went to Dallas for a weekend and had my tuner (04sleeper) adjust my E85 tune. The car is extremely powerful but drivability was never sacrificed with any modification i installed, actually, retaining a "street car" title was most important to me. There isn't much that this car doesn't have.

It was street tuned, so I don't have dyno numbers but similar setups make 700+ RWHP on boost only so that's where I suspect it to be, and then near or just over 800 RWHP with the 75 shot

Interior 10/10
    Dark Charcoal interior with Dark Grey Suede inserts in the stock '04 seats

Exterior
    9/10
    There are 2 small rock chips in the hood on the passenger side. I have Xpel clear bra material installed on the hood as well as behind the rear tires to protect the areas prone to rock impacts

Clean CarFax with no accidents!

Owning a hand car wash and detail business has allowed me to keep the vehicle (paint especially) in immaculate condition

Engine:
    100% Stock Longblock
    2.6 Kenne Bell Supercharger with Mirror Polished Snout (3.5" pulley)
    K&N FIPK2 Intake with AirAid SynthaMax filter
    Accufab Single Blade throttle body
    Metco Lower Pulley Kit with 4lb ring
    Brand new battery (purchased 10/11)
    BR7EF Spark Plugs
    AMSOIL 10w30 (7qts)
    Ford Motorcraft Filter
    Gatorback 82.5" belt
    Oil Separator off PCV valve on driver side valve cover

Fuel:
    Fore Triple Pump Hat
    Mega Driver Module
    Three (3) Ford GT Supercar Pumps
    Aeromotive Fuel Filter
    Fragola Black -8 Lines and fittings
    Rails (UPR?)
    80lb/hr Injectors

Transmission:
    Built with "cryo'd" internals
    MGW Shifter with Orange Handle
    26 Spline input shaft
    Spec 5 clutch
    Fidanza Flywheel

Rear:
    Stock Independent Rear Suspension
    AirLift Air Bags in rear springs
    Maximum Motorsports full bushing kit
    Billetflow Differential Brace
    ARP Extended wheel studs
    Maximum Motorsports low profile IRS bolt
    3.27 FRPP ring & pinion
    Brand new differential rebuild with all FRPP clutch packs, bearings, etc

Exhaust:
    BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers
    BBK Offroad X-pipe
    Bassani Catback FULLY POLISHED

Cooling:
    Gen2 Killer Chiller
    LFP Dual Pass Heat Exchanger with protective screen

Miscellaneous:
    Strictly Performance Custom Welded Subframe Connectors
    NGK AFX Wideband with digital display
    Speed of Sound dual gauge A-pillar pod
    SpeedHut Boost/Vac Gauge: matches stock cluster with red SVT
    SpeedHut Fuel Pressure Gauge: matches stock cluster with red SVT
    10th Anniversary carbon fiber shift boot
    Center Armrest mounted/hidden switches for intercooler pump and nitrous bottle heater
    Dynotune Dry Nitrous Kit with .042 (75hp jet)
    Full Tint: ~15% quarter sides and rear ~20% driver/passenger
    Tinted Tail Lights
    Carbon Fiber Rear bumper valence film

Wheels:
    True Forged Sleeper Wheels
    Brushed Face
    Polished Lip
    Chrome Assembly Bolts
    Big Brake Cut
    04sleeper offset

18x9 Fronts with Cooper Tires
    18x11 Rears with Hoosier Drag Radials 315/30/18 (under 1000 miles on them, no burnouts)

Tuning:
    SCT Xcal2 Handheld
    3 Tunes. My tuner is Kevin (04sleeper)
    1. ~23psi, 24* timing, Boost only
    2. ~23psi, 21* timing, Boost + 75 dry shot
    3. Pump Gas tune: primarily to get you to a station....not to be beat on!!!

I'm sure there are thing I'm forgetting, but I'll re-read this post later and update it with more and more pics.

The car is in a garage when not being driven and always has been.
    I live just south of Houston, TX. and can arrange to meet someone at my car wash to see the vehicle, but will not permit a test drive without a deposit....I'll do the driving until we get to a serious point in the sale.

Price:
    As it sits $27,000
    With 18x9 & 18x10.5 Chrome AFS '03 Replicas $26,000
    Bring your own wheels $25,000

My pricing is FIRM, I am in NO need to sell so please understand that. Pictures rarely do silver justice, or the condition I keep my car for that matter. MANY people on this site can vouch for the car, and it is fairly well known on this site.

email: antoniopasek@gmail.com
    cell phone: 832.428.6410

I will add more pictures soon

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That cobra is a great car. Cant go wrong with it.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bye bye 335i? I would say the c5 corvette z06 would be a great car and it packs a good punch as well and being relatively cheap as well
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, no more 335i is this goes through. I know the Z06 would be a better choice for a track car, but this deal is just super appealing. I'm really having trouble deciding.

My only concerns are about the Cobra are, how long until it blows up, and am I going to be able to take it out on a road course and not get constant limp modes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're in the same ballpark as I was. I went with a cobalt SS lol.. Best bang for the buck for a pretty new car, even though I got it used.

e46 m3?
    e60 m5 high miles though.
    regular c6 vette
    musttang gt 05+
    audi S4 b7 or b6
    mk6 GTI

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now. Time to go to work. Goodluck on your new car hunt!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    You're in the same ballpark as I was. I went with a cobalt SS lol.. Best bang for the buck for a pretty new car, even though I got it used.

e46 m3?
    e60 m5 high miles though.
    regular c6 vette
    musttang gt 05+
    audi S4 b7 or b6
    mk6 GTI

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now. Time to go to work. Goodluck on your new car hunt!
    Actually wanted the SS when they first came out. I just don't want to be limited by direct injection anymore. My buddy has a HHR SS panel van thing lol. He has every bolt-on including larger K04 and e85. He ran 14.1@101 lol. That thing is just too heavy.

As for your suggestions,

e46 m3: Not worth it to me with maintance, and I'm not spending 25k on HPF to run 11's
    e60 m5 high miles though: kind out of price range. Will own one day though.
    regular c6 vette: Expensive
    musttang gt 05+: My girl friend has an 07 GT. It's ok. It would be pretty lame for us to have the same car though.
    audi S4 b7 or b6: Heavy, useless pigs. My friend just got rid of his.
    mk6 GTI: I've considered it, just don't know that I'm a hatchback guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Actually wanted the SS when they first came out. I just don't want to be limited by direct injection anymore. My buddy has a HHR SS panel van thing lol. He has every bolt-on including larger K04 and e85. He ran 14.1@101 lol. That thing is just too heavy.

As for your suggestions,

e46 m3: Not worth it to me with maintance, and I'm not spending 25k on HPF to run 11's
    e60 m5 high miles though: kind out of price range. Will own one day though.
    regular c6 vette: Expensive
    musttang gt 05+: My girl friend has an 07 GT. It's ok. It would be pretty lame for us to have the same car though.
    audi S4 b7 or b6: Heavy, useless pigs. My friend just got rid of his.
    mk6 GTI: I've considered it, just don't know that I'm a hatchback guy.
    With the cobalt SS 08+ the only way direct injection will be a limiting factor is if you go Big turbo over 600 whp. Other than that no problems at all, if you are curios look for one that has LSD. Just cheap interior is really the worst.

You can get a Jetta 2.0 turbo, thats pretty nice. I understand though, the hatchback is something you gotta be into
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cobra rotating assemblies are very stout. They make 1000 crank hp on stock motors with basic mods. And they are known to be reliable. That cobra looks pretty clean, I would get it if I needed a fun car.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I talked to the owner for 40 minutes on the phone today. Nice guy, and you can tell he really loves this car. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to make this deal happen.

If you guys want to see videos of it, his youtube account is "LTHL VNM".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just watched his videos. That car is quick. I believe when he says its 700 whp. Also, it was driven hard. So check for oil consumption and also check the compression on the engine. I think it's a good car, the owner looks like he took care of it and drove it the way it was meant. Not a bad buy IMO.

Also, ask him if his IRS has given him any problem at the track. And if he experienced any wheelhop, the termi cobras are known for IRS issues with wheel hop and poor launches. By the looks of it, he can drive it and launch it. Thats only one video, so ask him and if he hesitates hes lying; if he tells the truth then good. I am sure the rear end is ok, but just ask.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since you are on a pretty tight budget the '03 Cobra makes a heck of a lot of sense. You sneeze on them and they gain power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Just watched his videos. That car is quick. I believe when he says its 700 whp. Also, it was driven hard. So check for oil consumption and also check the compression on the engine. I think it's a good car, the owner looks like he took care of it and drove it the way it was meant. Not a bad buy IMO.

Also, ask him if his IRS has given him any problem at the track. And if he experienced any wheelhop, the termi cobras are known for IRS issues with wheel hop and poor launches. By the looks of it, he can drive it and launch it. Thats only one video, so ask him and if he hesitates hes lying; if he tells the truth then good. I am sure the rear end is ok, but just ask.

I'm pretty sure compression is good. He sent me picture of the gauge cluster while the car was idling, and I could on the boost gauge that it was pulling a good amount of vacuum. It also has a rebuilt rear end. All the specs are in the ad.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Since you are on a pretty tight budget the '03 Cobra makes a heck of a lot of sense. You sneeze on them and they gain power.
    The good thing is, I don't think this one needs to be sneezed on lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The guy with the Cobra ended up asking for cash on top, so I decided not to do the deal. It just didn't seem worth it to me.

New idea. My buddy has a MKIII Jetta with a mint interior, upgraded suspension, no motor, and no tranny, and 350k on the body. He has offered to sell it to me for $300. Doing this I could 335i, and either put in a 16v 2.0 or 12v VR6 in the jetta followed by a turbo setup. I also have two people with cash in hand wanting to see the 335i this week. Thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think a genesis coupe would fit into your budget pretty well.

They're beautiful cars come with double wishbone suspension all around, have an evo x motor in them and if you get the R-spec they come with a torsion lsd, and brembo brakes used you can probably pick one up for about 20-23k probably less after negotiating with the dealer. For the money the genesis coupe is pretty hard to beat. With full bolt-ons and a tune you can make around 400whp if I'm not mistaken
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The guy with the Cobra ended up asking for cash on top, so I decided not to do the deal. It just didn't seem worth it to me.

New idea. My buddy has a MKIII Jetta with a mint interior, upgraded suspension, no motor, and no tranny, and 350k on the body. He has offered to sell it to me for $300. Doing this I could 335i, and either put in a 16v 2.0 or 12v VR6 in the jetta followed by a turbo setup. I also have two people with cash in hand wanting to see the 335i this week. Thoughts?
    Front wheel drive with 600 hp is not fun man...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

VR6 swaps are bad ass but require time and effort. The Jetta is also FWD right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I think a genesis coupe would fit into your budget pretty well.

They're beautiful cars come with double wishbone suspension all around, have an evo x motor in them and if you get the R-spec they come with a torsion lsd, and brembo brakes used you can probably pick one up for about 20-23k probably less after negotiating with the dealer. For the money the genesis coupe is pretty hard to beat. With full bolt-ons and a tune you can make around 400whp if I'm not mistaken
    Not a bad idea. I don't want to sound like a badge whore, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a Hyundai. Is it a good car? Very much so, but it is still a Hyundai.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Front wheel drive with 600 hp is not fun man...
    Depends how you define fun. Not very useable though

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    VR6 swaps are bad ass but require time and effort. The Jetta is also FWD right?
    Yeah, FWD. Not really hard, but I would be doing it mainly just for the sound. ABA 16v 2.0's make just as much power.

After some thinking, I think I'm going to buy it and do 16v 2.0 swap and use it as a daily. I'm probably going to drive around 30k miles next year, and will really feel bad putting that mileage on the 335i. I'd rather put in the garage and start modding it again, and put the miles on a car that doesn't matter. Either way, my buddy has 2 12v VR6's, 1 16v 2.0 with 50k miles on it, and a couple transmissions sitting in his garage for each so I can pretty much choose which ever I want to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not a bad idea. I don't want to sound like a badge whore, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a Hyundai. Is it a good car? Very much so, but it is still a Hyundai.
    I know how you feel trust me lol, at first I felt this way towards the genesis coupe at first for sure but after I drove one I was pretty impressed with it for the price. Half the time a bunch of people don't even know its a Hyundai, most people think its a g37 lol. But all in all its your car so who gives a $#@! what anyone else says about it. I guess you would really have to drive one to get a full feel for it. If I were you I definitely wouldn't hesitate to go out and drive one. They actually handle incredibly well. Gotta love double wishbone all around!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, FWD. Not really hard, but I would be doing it mainly just for the sound. ABA 16v 2.0's make just as much power.

After some thinking, I think I'm going to buy it and do 16v 2.0 swap and use it as a daily. I'm probably going to drive around 30k miles next year, and will really feel bad putting that mileage on the 335i. I'd rather put in the garage and start modding it again, and put the miles on a car that doesn't matter. Either way, my buddy has 2 12v VR6's, 1 16v 2.0 with 50k miles on it, and a couple transmissions sitting in his garage for each so I can pretty much choose which ever I want to do.
    You have a lot of ideas and need to focus on something. Most important thing is your budget.

I'm all for a VR6 swap though but putting a ton of power through FWD isn't fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Get the cobra.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Evo 8 or 9, E39 M5, srt4, low optioned 370z...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you look at svtperformance.com for a Cobra?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would strongly suggest the Z06 over the Cobra and I am a diehard Mustang guy... The Cobra's cannot be run in 5th gear and high rpm for prolonged periods (i.e. top end pulls) so thats a downfall if thats how you like to play. The other is that few are not abused or heavily modded such as the car posted.

I would also suggest that parts to mod and maintain those two are close to that of a 3 series if not more in certain area's. I would seriously consider a Genesis Coupe, used 370 or 350Z's, Evo's/STI's or E46 M3's as well.

Bang for the buck the Z06 is hard to beat many are low mile and well maintained with documentation to back them up.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I would strongly suggest the Z06 over the Cobra and I am a diehard Mustang guy... The Cobra's cannot be run in 5th gear and high rpm for prolonged periods (i.e. top end pulls) so thats a downfall if thats how you like to play. The other is that few are not abused or heavily modded such as the car posted.

I would also suggest that parts to mod and maintain those two are close to that of a 3 series if not more in certain area's. I would seriously consider a Genesis Coupe, used 370 or 350Z's, Evo's/STI's or E46 M3's as well.

Bang for the buck the Z06 is hard to beat many are low mile and well maintained with documentation to back them up.
    can you find a z06 for under 22k?

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast