Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Nitrous .20 jet log

I finally have a log of a run with nitrous on a .20 jet, 1000 psi bottle pressure using M10 and M7 nozzle when nitrous is activated. I am running Procede tune that DOES NOT integrate with nitrous and I know the easy way out is going with a JB4, but we will see in the future, but I have all the safety modules in place except for the rich/lean run cut off which I am in the process of looking into for further safety..I have a WOT switch, Rpm window switch triggers at 3000 and deactivates at 6200 and a "go fast" button. When I see methanol at full flow of the CM10 only then do I press the "go fast" button and it triggers the nitrous and the second meth injector to spray.. The car is really scary fast even with a small jet of .20 especially with DCS completely off and I had a FULL TANK of gas!

What do you guys think of the logs?

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-03-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I dont like the procede logs, hard to read imo, but I cant find timing in this?
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Sorry found it!
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

So if I understand this boost around 17psi adv at a steady 10deg + nitrous, the car must be wicked!
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

15.5 psi at 10 degrees Throughout the nitrous run is definitely fast as hell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

a/f rescaled

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

Insert your photos inline...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    log looks ok, although I don't like the wobble in AFR up top at all...from what I've read a while back when I was troubleshooting the dreaded misfire on my car, they say that when tuning and looking at AFR traces, sometimes if you see short lean spikes in your AFR graph it "can" be indicative of knock...

honestly i don't trust those procede logs ONE bit but that's just me and what i've grown into over the 3.5 years I've been on that platform...the ignition log is "eerily quiet" and that's a trend I've started seeing with some new procede firmware and their so called "dynamic" ignition which seems to "smooth" out the ignition curves but i'm sure Shiv can start a 100 page thread on how advanced that is...

In the end, if it were my car I'd try to have that AFR curve more stable that's all...what does your AFR look like without nitrous and meth, stable? not saying its the procede per se or anything else, maybe your meth flow is screwing things up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I definitely hear you Dzenno! I guess that why not too many a/f are scaled this low since its constantly moving. I do admit that I have never seen logs other than his that are so got damn smooth. When I did the nitrous run, I did reset all the adaptations prior to this run so it can be why the a/f was erractic through the run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I definitely hear you Dzenno! I guess that why not too many a/f are scaled this low since its constantly moving. I do admit that I have never seen logs other than his that are so got damn smooth. When I did the nitrous run, I did reset all the adaptations prior to this run so it can be why the a/f was erractic through the run.
    any time you reset adaptations i'd run on pump gas first for a while and up boost a bit to let the car learn its things...then turn up meth gradually as well and add more boost, then back down boost and keep meth, then add some nitrous...i'd definitely NOT just run a ton of meth and nitrous on a DME that hasn't even had a chance to adapt to pump gas properly...to me i'd think it'd learn things a bit in a weird/strange way...

again, if i were you Click here to enlarge i'd reset again, everything, and crank shyte up gradually

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Logs fuel trims. Not sure what to think about your afr, but i would want to see them smoother. Post some logs non-nitrous to compare.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Like I said. I will log again. I went to 11-1 aggressive maps and I didn't like them and then went back to 7-11 and reset the ecu as well as all the adaptations configurations and really didn't allow the ecu to adapt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I just look at the raw data file and the highest the a/f was 13.5...It did lean out a bit towards the end which the 13.5 was recorded but for most of the run with nitrous a/f was 11 to 12. I am thinking allowing the car to adapt the a/f logs will for sure look better...But there was no lean spikes at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Steven, IAT is scaled in Fahrenheit right? Just checking. AFRs look pretty crappy, but that's to be expected on nitrous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)

Why is it to be expected on nitrous? I disagree

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Id plug a standalone wideband in there and see what happens..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Steven, IAT is scaled in Fahrenheit right? Just checking. AFRs look pretty crappy, but that's to be expected on nitrous.
    Yes it's in Fahrenheit. IATs should be better once car adapts, but yeah it looks wavy especially when I scale it from 10-16. Any log scaling it that low will look like crap IMO. How Does the scaling go with JB tune? I see 2Slow logs of a/f always look pretty good. That's why I am asking
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-04-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Yes it's in Fahrenheit. IATs should be better once car adapts, but yeah it looks wavy especially when I scale it from 10-16. Any log scaling it that low will look like crap IMO. How Does the scaling go with JB tune? I see 2Slow logs of a/f always look pretty good. That's why I am asking
    I meant A/F should be better once car adapts some more after resetting ecu and adaptation values

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)

Scaling has nothing to do with AFR wobble, it just shouldn't wobble .5-1.5 points like that...if you want search for some of my logs and the scaling I use is about 2-3x even more zoomed in that what you have there and it's flat...not nitrous though but it is 21psi with RBs Cobb, high enough to set some records Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Scaling has nothing to do with AFR wobble, it just shouldn't wobble .5-1.5 points like that...if you want search for some of my logs and the scaling I use is about 2-3x even more zoomed in that what you have there and it's flat...not nitrous though but it is 21psi with RBs Cobb, high enough to set some records Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I guess. I will let car adapt and then log again. Don't have too much seat time with car because of schedule.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I have been breaking my neck and looking at the CSV files very closely to see if my setup with nitrous is on the safe side and IMO its pretty safe and the A/F seems pretty good, although its a bit WAVY which I conclude to not allowing the DME to adapt after a full ECU reset and adaptation reset...The nitrous cuts off at 6200 and the second M7 nozzle is no longer active while the M10 is still injecting all the way to redline at 6890 at which it shifted. The logs of the A/F without nitrous spraying after the 6200 window is at 12.5-13.5 and I think its acceptable from 6300-6890....The whole time nitrous was spraying (3000-6200 rpms) the A/F was hovering from 11- 12.5, once it shut off the a/f went to 12.5-13.5 which can be the result from the M7 nitrous methanol nozzle turning off! There was not one time looking at the CSV files that the A/F went to 14 until I let off the gas..
    Next logs with the car adapted should show much less wobbleness in the logs...AT least I hope, but for certain i am happy its not lean at any point during nitrous activation to the point its dangerous..My timing is perfect at 10 degrees which I am very happy with..
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-04-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Do you guys feel from 6300-6890 A/F hovering from 12.5 to 13.5 without nitrous spraying is still not rich enough on regular pump gas at 13.5 tapering to 11 psi? I think its fine but want to hear from you guys what your take on this is!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    log looks ok, although I don't like the wobble in AFR up top at all...from what I've read a while back when I was troubleshooting the dreaded misfire on my car, they say that when tuning and looking at AFR traces, sometimes if you see short lean spikes in your AFR graph it "can" be indicative of knock...

honestly i don't trust those procede logs ONE bit but that's just me and what i've grown into over the 3.5 years I've been on that platform...the ignition log is "eerily quiet" and that's a trend I've started seeing with some new procede firmware and their so called "dynamic" ignition which seems to "smooth" out the ignition curves but i'm sure Shiv can start a 100 page thread on how advanced that is...

In the end, if it were my car I'd try to have that AFR curve more stable that's all...what does your AFR look like without nitrous and meth, stable? not saying its the procede per se or anything else, maybe your meth flow is screwing things up
    As for the ignition logs Dzenno, I see plenty of logs of timing drops all over the place from other Procede user logs from his most current maps to the 7-11 maps that I am using, so this I believe is not the case as for logs being "smooth" out!...My setup is just running proper which you may find hard to believe since there isn't too many Procede tune cars with nitrous, which I believe I am the only one running nitrous at the moment with Procede..If there was any signs of knocking the timing would be the tell tale sign..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Look at this Procede log I found as an example that the timing drops are there and there is no "smoothing" that could have covered this! lol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

And another log on 11-1 aggressive maps showing timing drops and low ignition...

Second log is of 7-11 showing timing dips also..

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-05-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast