Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 105
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    thats basics man, i dont upgrade for bragging rights. i know to research these things before dropping cash on parts.
    How does the JB4 (tune you said you are going to purchase) increase power? Not trying to be rude, just wondering if you really do understand the basics.
    Click here to enlarge


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    why the sad face?
    Because it will be impossible for yo to hang with HPF M3's on the highway.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Im all for modding, and hopefully you will have just as much fun with this car as I have. Im just providing some constructive criticism.
    Click here to enlarge


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    4.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    How does the JB4 (tune you said you are going to purchase) increase power? Not trying to be rude, just wondering if you really do understand the basics.
    engines need air to run, the turbochargers stock push around 9psi. the tune allows the turbos to produce (wastegate manipulation?) more boost thus adding air to the mixture creating a bigger explosion in the cylinder increasing horsepower. the jb4 also does other things but they are too lengthy to go into detail about. i had no idea i was going to be tested when i joined this site lol.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    4.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because it will be impossible for yo to hang with HPF M3's on the highway.
    in a head to head race no, but doing top speed runs? as far as i know both de limited will reach around 170 both modded

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    engines need air to run, the turbochargers stock push around 9psi. the tune allows the turbos to produce (wastegate manipulation?) more boost thus adding air to the mixture creating a bigger explosion in the cylinder increasing horsepower. the jb4 also does other things but they are too lengthy to go into detail about. i had no idea i was going to be tested when i joined this site lol.
    Good start. You need to understand those other things though.
    Click here to enlarge


  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    in a head to head race no, but doing top speed runs? as far as i know both de limited will reach around 170 both modded
    You will lose.
    Last edited by Forcefed; 12-02-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Click here to enlarge


  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    in a head to head race no
    What do you mean no? By the time you hit 170 the HPF owner will be at home posting about it.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    You will loose.
    Just lose... not get loose.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just lose... not get loose.
    typographical error
    Click here to enlarge


  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    typo
    I know, I was being comical.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I know, I was being comical.
    Click here to enlarge



    In for Sticky vs. E93NICK.
    Click here to enlarge


  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    4.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean no? By the time you hit 170 the HPF owner will be at home posting about it.
    me and my friends rarely do heads up races. whenever one of us gets a new mod we do top speed tests to see if they made a huge difference. ive only had my liscense since halloween of this year and ive hit my 155 limiter like 9 times. when i buy the jb4 i will buy the de limiter and hopefully 170 might be a realistic goal.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    me and my friends rarely do heads up races. whenever one of us gets a new mod we do top speed tests to see if they made a huge difference. ive only had my liscense since halloween of this year and ive hit my 155 limiter like 9 times. when i buy the jb4 i will buy the de limiter and hopefully 170 might be a realistic goal.
    Please allow yourself to post for at least a year. Obviously you are doing this on the street.


    Never buying my son a fast car.
    Click here to enlarge


  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    i will install the tune and intakes myself but everything else i will have done professionally. not only do i want to hang with hpf m3s and m6s, but i also enjoy the feel of driving and the sensation of power.
    i will tell you now NO n54 has the capabilities right now to hang with a hpf m3

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    me and my friends rarely do heads up races. whenever one of us gets a new mod we do top speed tests to see if they made a huge difference.
    Why? Dangerous and pointless. Time your runs or go to a strip. Get a Vbox and forget the top speed stuff on public roads.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    ive only had my liscense since halloween of this year and ive hit my 155 limiter like 9 times. when i buy the jb4 i will buy the de limiter and hopefully 170 might be a realistic goal.
    This just isn't a good recipe and I would advise you to keep the limiter on there but do what you want.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Never buying my son a fast car.
    I think I just decided against kids.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I was just starting to think you were headed in the right direction. You should reconsider modifying you car. Im not trying to be a "E90post basher" here, only saying it for your own good.
    Click here to enlarge


  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    dude if your going to be doing all of this please go to a track....i dont think you have enough skin in the game to be doing top speed runs on a highway....we dont wanna see you on the news like we've seen others

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    4.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why? Dangerous and pointless. Time your runs or go to a strip. Get a Vbox and forget the top speed stuff on public roads.



    This just isn't a good recipe and I would advise you to keep the limiter on there but do what you want.
    im not just a random teenager with a fast car. when we do this it is around 2-3 am, we drive up and down the roads looking for debris and bumps or whatever poses a danger to us, we have cars set up every 2 miles or so to walkie talkie in the all clear. we make sure all our tires are at optimal pressure as well as other things before setting off. we dont mess around.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    im not just a random teenager with a fast car. when we do this it is around 2-3 am, we drive up and down the roads looking for debris and bumps or whatever poses a danger to us, we have cars set up every 2 miles or so to walkie talkie in the all clear. we make sure all our tires are at optimal pressure as well as other things before setting off. we dont mess around.
    Its not just about harming others. Although that is something people should be concerned about.

    Edit: You wont listen to me, but im telling you anyway.
    Click here to enlarge


  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E93NICK Click here to enlarge
    im not just a random teenager with a fast car. when we do this it is around 2-3 am, we drive up and down the roads looking for debris and bumps or whatever poses a danger to us, we have cars set up every 2 miles or so to walkie talkie in the all clear. we make sure all our tires are at optimal pressure as well as other things before setting off. we dont mess around.
    we understand but driving experience is driving experience and we all have years on you

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's a lost cause. Just never saw anyone want to do top speed with a 3 series cab before instead of acceleration. Top speed is gear limited anyway I think.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    and i will tell you right now you will lose to any other n54 that is modded the same as you....you need to have probably 60-80whp more to compensate....if not more....ask me how i know

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    4.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Its not just about harming others. Although that is something people should be concerned about.
    2-3am where i live there isnt a soul to be seen on the freeways/backroads. trust me when i say we take lots of precautions. ive seen crashes on the news too like everyone else on this thread, that is why we do what we do to prepare for it. i will aknowledge your concern and understand that many people assume with young age comes stupidity. i will listen to you buy not over doing it, this hardly happens anymore.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •