Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

JB4 Meth Downpipes DCI Dyno results

Im really stoked about the results.Click here to enlarge

08 e90 335, JB4, WW METH, MS DP, EAS DCI.

This was done on CA 91 pump gas.

Big thanks to Terry Burger from BMS. He has always gone out of his way to help me out. His customer service is second to none and his products kick ass. Click here to enlarge

Also thanks to Greg over at SpecialtyZ in Chatsworth for letting us use your dyno.Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nice! Awesome delta! Click here to enlarge
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

welcome to the 400whp club!
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

what map?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Jealous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

awesome results buddy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

not bad!~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Awesome delta! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    welcome to the 400whp club!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    what map?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Jealous
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    awesome results buddy Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    not bad!~
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Edited to resize your images.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Edited to resize your images.
    ThanksClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

$#@! man 400 whp. That's just nuts. I need to get on my dyno grind and get down to specialty Z.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

but but but the procede is better...j/k

Nice results, car must feel awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

nice curves indeed looks solid. ok questions to those running 400+WHP, how the fack do you keep traction, im running S2 COBB agg with no FMIC, i can never get traction mid 2nd gear to mid 3 rd gear the damn thing keeps spinning, im auto and i someimes get run by slower cars because of this. i cant imagine 400+whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

265 rears, good alignment and a little feather in 2nd gear until I get to mid 3rd and traction is all there. May want to look into an LSD if you want all the traction possible in lower gears, plus suspension bits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    nice curves indeed looks solid. ok questions to those running 400+WHP, how the fack do you keep traction, im running S2 COBB agg with no FMIC, i can never get traction mid 2nd gear to mid 3 rd gear the damn thing keeps spinning, im auto and i someimes get run by slower cars because of this. i cant imagine 400+whp.
    Yea, running 2+ aggressive, I have monster traction issues unti third gear and I am pretty sure I am not over 400whp. If you go meth and upped turbos, I am not sure even a lsd and proper susp (and a new clutch at that power) can limit loss of traction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Yea, running 2+ aggressive, I have monster traction issues unti third gear and I am pretty sure I am not over 400whp. If you go meth and upped turbos, I am not sure even a lsd and proper susp (and a new clutch at that power) can limit loss of traction.
    no, street tires of any size and performance rating even with LSD dont help (besides DR's of course). i mean, yes, it helps, but its still gonna spin. probably good for stock turbo's though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no, street tires of any size and performance rating even with LSD dont help (besides DR's of course). i mean, yes, it helps, but its still gonna spin. probably good for stock turbo's though
    i keep saying this it seems, having the right tires for the type of surface is crucial...if WOT traction "really" matters then don't cheap out on tires...street, i got really good results with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas 275+ width (current 295s in the rear) and on the strip I've gone through my 1st set of MT ET DRs and just got a new set of Hoosier DRs that'll I run come next season...they're lighter than Mickeys it seems and also feel quite a bit softer so I won't be driving on them on the street ever...that was one advantage that the MT ET Street DRs had over the Hoosiers but in my case I just need a fast 60' with these...still debating what tires to run on the street for summer with my 17x9 Apex ARC-8 wheels...any suggestions? I've been leaning towards Nitto NT555Rs for the rear so far but on the street I don't do launches at all so having a something like a Toyo R888 or Michelin Pilot Super Sport might be a lot better...not sure

FYI, to get max traction on my car I had to do the following (in the order of most impact):

1) Good tires (depending on street or strip (nothing but DRs for the strip), different tires of course)
    2) KW V2 coils set to full hard on the rear, full soft on the front (this is VERY important so you get the right weight transfer from the rear to the front happening at launch, also minimizes wheel hop)
    3) Rear toe arms and m3 rear subframe bushings (minimizes wheel hop, especially the rear toe arms)
    4) LSD
    5) Raise the car up a bit from the fully slammed look I had in the rear...having a really lowered rear end enhances wheelhop due to fully independent suspension and it can get very ugly at the strip (i.e. broken stock rear axles, which I replaced for DSS ones when mine broke on me a year back)
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 12-01-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    $#@! man 400 whp. That's just nuts. I need to get on my dyno grind and get down to specialty Z.
    Your local just give Greg a call. Im going to keep an eye out for your carClick here to enlarge. I have a ucla alumni plate on mine, white e90.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    but but but the procede is better...j/k
    Right!? haha
    Nice results, car must feel awesome!
    It does!Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    Haha I dont. My tires are quickly turning to slicks!Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    265 rears, good alignment and a little feather in 2nd gear until I get to mid 3rd and traction is all there. May want to look into an LSD if you want all the traction possible in lower gears, plus suspension bits.
    Good advice.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    i keep saying this it seems, having the right tires for the type of surface is crucial...if WOT traction "really" matters then don't cheap out on tires...street, i got really good results with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas 275+ width (current 295s in the rear) and on the strip I've gone through my 1st set of MT ET DRs and just got a new set of Hoosier DRs that'll I run come next season...they're lighter than Mickeys it seems and also feel quite a bit softer so I won't be driving on them on the street ever...that was one advantage that the MT ET Street DRs had over the Hoosiers but in my case I just need a fast 60' with these...still debating what tires to run on the street for summer with my 17x9 Apex ARC-8 wheels...any suggestions? I've been leaning towards Nitto NT555Rs for the rear so far but on the street I don't do launches at all so having a something like a Toyo R888 or Michelin Pilot Super Sport might be a lot better...not sure

FYI, to get max traction on my car I had to do the following (in the order of most impact):

1) Good tires (depending on street or strip (nothing but DRs for the strip), different tires of course)
    2) KW V2 coils set to full hard on the rear, full soft on the front (this is VERY important so you get the right weight transfer from the rear to the front happening at launch, also minimizes wheel hop)
    3) Rear toe arms and m3 rear subframe bushings (minimizes wheel hop, especially the rear toe arms)
    4) LSD
    5) Raise the car up a bit from the fully slammed look I had in the rear...having a really lowered rear end enhances wheelhop due to fully independent suspension and it can get very ugly at the strip (i.e. broken stock rear axles, which I replaced for DSS ones when mine broke on me a year back)
    Thanks for your advice. Ill be doing step 1&2 shortly.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

White E90 with Ucla Alumni. Got it. I'm a black Cobalt SS I got a Gintani frame plate. I will be looking out for you too my friend. Ahh, Either get a dyno done or go to the track again in 2 weeks. Crap a tough decision.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i keep saying this it seems, having the right tires for the type of surface is crucial...if WOT traction "really" matters then don't cheap out on tires...street, i got really good results with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas 275+ width (current 295s in the rear) and on the strip I've gone through my 1st set of MT ET DRs and just got a new set of Hoosier DRs that'll I run come next season...they're lighter than Mickeys it seems and also feel quite a bit softer so I won't be driving on them on the street ever...that was one advantage that the MT ET Street DRs had over the Hoosiers but in my case I just need a fast 60' with these...still debating what tires to run on the street for summer with my 17x9 Apex ARC-8 wheels...any suggestions? I've been leaning towards Nitto NT555Rs for the rear so far but on the street I don't do launches at all so having a something like a Toyo R888 or Michelin Pilot Super Sport might be a lot better...not sure)
    I have the NT555R's all around and I love them. I'm running stock tire size and they hook pretty well. I haven't been to the drag strip with them but they do perform very well on the street.
    2008 BSM 335i coupe - JB4, BMS intake, meth : Weekend warrior.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by indy99gpgt Click here to enlarge
    I have the NT555R's all around and I love them. I'm running stock tire size and they hook pretty well. I haven't been to the drag strip with them but they do perform very well on the street.
    Surprised you went with them all around...how wide?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Can't wait to get rid of my RFts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I run 555Rs out back daily. Great tires!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

...any suggestions? I've been leaning towards Nitto NT555Rs for the rear so far but on the street I don't do launches at all so having a something like a Toyo R888 or Michelin Pilot Super Sport might be a lot better...not sure
    )
    I got the Michelin Pilot Sport 2, and I am very happy with those, especially while cornering. When they loose grip during cornering and accelleration it is done gradually and with great feedback, not like the stock Bridgstone Potenzas that where totally on/off
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast