Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great info DLV. Glad to be a member of this forum with people like you helping out the BMW enthusiast community. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well if having a OCC is bad for the N54 and only meth cleans, should we put an extra meth nozzle pre FMIC to keep it clean to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^^^ the meth will eat away at the intercooler because it is corrosive to aluminum, hence why everyone puts it right after the ic in the cp... you can run nos or just water pre ic but wouldnt recomend you putting nos...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Well if having a OCC is bad for the N54 and only meth cleans, should we put an extra meth nozzle pre FMIC to keep it clean to?

I must have missed something somewhere. How is a OCC bad for the N54? Real question. Just wondering if someone had made a discovery about this.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    I must have missed something somewhere. How is a OCC bad for the N54? Real question. Just wondering if someone had made a discovery about this.

Thanks!
    dude, its not , ignore that comment man. run the OCC and be happy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good to hear! I was like"oh hell, did I miss something??". LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After reading dzenno's posts in an other thread I am starting to feel that having a good well working OCC is only good for the n54, but I was a little worried if it would have been bad since the consensus seems to have been "the n54 must have a OCC" earlier.

I can believe that having a bad breathing OCC with clogged and to long hoses are probably a bad idea, it is just to make sure one doesn't have that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what would be considered to long of a hose

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT3 Click here to enlarge
    what would be considered to long of a hose
    Anything long enough to cause her discomfort - Heyoh! Aynway, too long is if the hose is able to ice up and clog in cold weather. It also helps to mount the catch can lower than the vent on the valve cover, so if oil condenses in the hose, it will flow into the can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT3 Click here to enlarge
    ^^^ the meth will eat away at the intercooler because it is corrosive to aluminum, hence why everyone puts it right after the ic in the cp... you can run nos or just water pre ic but wouldnt recomend you putting nos...
    Well said, Stay away from meth + aluminum... namely aluminum tanks.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Anything long enough to cause her discomfort - Heyo
    I smirked Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am new here, but I have an older N54 (49k miles). I do all freeway driving and get the occasional shudder at idle with some hesitation. I put in BMW fuel system cleaner plus and that has helped ALOT, but it is still there a little. I am thinking of doing a second application of BMW cleaner and keeping on it every 7500 miles. Do you guys think I have carbon buildup on valves or is mine just injector buildup hence why the fuel cleaner made a big difference? TIA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpine300zhp Click here to enlarge
    Do you guys think I have carbon buildup on valves or is mine just injector buildup hence why the fuel cleaner made a big difference? TIA
    It could be both but I'll let someone more experienced chime in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as having probably one of the highest mileage cars, i would say, how often do you change plugs?

do you ever get any codes? ie ses or limp modes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Last changed at 35k with new injectors. Getting them done again under free maintainance next week. No codes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    id say chances are that you definatly have some carbon build up.. tell the bmw SA about your issues, see if they will clean and inspect things under warranty. some have said their dealer has done this.

FWIW, i had the same issue over a yr a go, and it got progressivley worse untl i changed an injector, since then its been smooth as butter..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    id say chances are that you definatly have some carbon build up.. tell the bmw SA about your issues, see if they will clean and inspect things under warranty. some have said their dealer has done this.

FWIW, i had the same issue over a yr a go, and it got progressivley worse untl i changed an injector, since then its been smooth as butter..
    Today I really paid attention during my drive and I am experiencing missing/hestitation upon acceleration. It does not do it all the time, but it does it frequently and it is much worse when the car is cold. Now get this, it got better when I put a bottle of BMW fuel system cleaner plus in the car, once that tank treatment ran out and I refilled with fresh gas the problem got a bit worse, but not as bad as it was before the first bottle of BMW fuel system cleaner. Does anyone have any ideas as to my problem? To me it sounds like I have injector buildup and I need another treatment or injector(s) may be bad? Agree? Disagree? No codes, no lights and runs fine other than the slight missing/hestitation when accelerating. The stumble at idle actually went away after I did the first bottle of fuel system cleaner and I am left with this remaining problem. Just want input from you guys before I take it in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpine300zhp Click here to enlarge
    Today I really paid attention during my drive and I am experiencing missing/hestitation upon acceleration. It does not do it all the time, but it does it frequently and it is much worse when the car is cold. Now get this, it got better when I put a bottle of BMW fuel system cleaner plus in the car, once that tank treatment ran out and I refilled with fresh gas the problem got a bit worse, but not as bad as it was before the first bottle of BMW fuel system cleaner. Does anyone have any ideas as to my problem? To me it sounds like I have injector buildup and I need another treatment or injector(s) may be bad? Agree? Disagree? No codes, no lights and runs fine other than the slight missing/hestitation when accelerating. The stumble at idle actually went away after I did the first bottle of fuel system cleaner and I am left with this remaining problem. Just want input from you guys before I take it in.
    Car is still under warranty I take it?

Difficult to pin down through text honestly. It could be a combination of the factors or just one or the other. I think you have isolated it to carbon build-up or an issue with the injectors/fuel system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    before i replaced the injector, i tried different gas stations, and depending on where i got it, ie, Shell instead of my favorite sunocos, the problem was almost gone, much better, but never completely. which is why i say, my problem seems to be similar to yours in the fact that a bit of better fueling helped, but did not eliminate it.

If your under warranty, take it in and exlain the problems, have them drive it ect..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345