Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    RMS Stage 2 Supercharged E39 M5 by Buckhead Imports Performance of Atlanta Georgia - 11.7@122 and 535 whp

    Jason, owner of Buckhead Imports Performance, purchased a stage 2 supercharger kit for his 2001 M5. He recently took his M5 to the drag strip and got some 1/4 mile times. The fastest recorded 1/4 mile time for the E39 M5 was 11.779 @ 119.52 mph. Jason ran an 11.736 @ 122.16 mph. I would also like to state that this was Jason's first time at the drag strip. I do believe that there are some faster times in his beast.

    This M5 made 535.6 whp and 467.3 wtq. It has a stock engine and runs on 91 octane pump gas, no meth. The run was done on 91 as well. It is a beautiful car and I would like to congratulate Jason on his success with the M5!

    Graph:

    Click here to enlarge

    Here's a video of the run:



    And a picture with the graph:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm speechless.

    Why aren't there more of these running around?

    Is that manifold brand new?

    Who tuned it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm speechless.

    Why aren't there more of these running around?

    Is that manifold brand new?

    Who tuned it?
    This is the first production kit we have ever sold. We are currently putting all the finishing touches on these M5 supercharger kits.

    Yes, that manifold is brand new. We machined it out of a solid chunk of billet aluminum. This process is very time consuming and expensive so we went ahead and made all of the tooling for the castings in house on our CNC machines. We are having the first article of the manifold produced now. I am very excited to see how it turns out! From the look of the CAD files and the tooling, it will be a very handsome piece.

    Osh took a tuning trip to Mauritius, a small island off of south africa, to tune a supercharged aston martin that we built. From there, he flew to madagascar to tune an RMS stage 3 supercharged Euro e36 M3. After that one, he flew out to Atlanta Georgia and tuned this bad boy. These cars are all running flawlessly. Now who was it that said Osh doesn't know what he's doing?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Now who was it that said Osh doesn't know what he's doing?
    I don't think anyone said he didn't know what he was doing. I think people said he was a terrible businessman. Still, let's avoid going down that road and don't beat your chest too loudly or we will have to.

    Now back to the kit, any more pictures?

    I'm being nice and allowing this to be posted out of general curiosity but I won't allow too much as it isn't fair to the supporting vendors. This has potential... hopefully you guys can clean up all the bad stuff from the past.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think anyone said he didn't know what he was doing. I think people said he was a terrible businessman. Still, let's avoid going down that road and don't beat your chest too loudly or we will have to.

    Now back to the kit, any more pictures?

    I'm being nice and allowing this to be posted out of general curiosity but I won't allow too much as it isn't fair to the supporting vendors. This has potential... hopefully you guys can clean up all the bad stuff from the past.
    Didn't mean to do that. Sorry. It has been said before, many many times. It's just frustrating hearing these things and knowing the truth. I won't go there again.

    I'll try to get some more pictures from Buckhead. Maybe I'll just point them in the direction of this site and they can do it themselves. I'm sure once they got to know the site they would love it here. They do performance work on other makes and models too.

    And we're working on the issues. Chris Saccoccia, owner of the Chrome M3, has finally found the time to get that petition he started removed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    And we're working on the issues. Chris Saccoccia, owner of the Chrome M3, has finally found the time to get that petition he started removed.
    Step in the right direction. What about Abdullah?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    I'll try to get some more pictures from Buckhead. Maybe I'll just point them in the direction of this site and they can do it themselves. I'm sure once they got to know the site they would love it here. They do performance work on other makes and models too.
    You don't have more pics of the manifold? You guys always do some of the nicest hardware out there. I remember the first time I saw the E46 M3 and Z8 supercharger kits at the LA Auto Show back in 2001 I think it was. Beautiful carbon fiber work.

    What is the story with your car? Is the YSI running?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Step in the right direction. What about Abdullah?
    We're still trying to figure out how to clean up that mess. It was such a sticky affair and I hardly believe that anyone knows the true details. Anyways, not the time or place.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't have more pics of the manifold? You guys always do some of the nicest hardware out there. I remember the first time I saw the E46 M3 and Z8 supercharger kits at the LA Auto Show back in 2001 I think it was. Beautiful carbon fiber work.
    I don't personally have any pictures. We are planning on doing a full product release with pictures and all once we finalize the kit. I can try to get some more pictures though. I will do my best

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    I don't personally have any pictures. We are planning on doing a full product release with pictures and all once we finalize the kit. I can try to get some more pictures though. I will do my best
    Get me some more pics and I'll put this on the front page. I won't endorse RMS until you guys clean up your mess' but I think we all certainly appreciate quality forced induction options for BMW's.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get me some more pics and I'll put this on the front page. I won't endorse RMS until you guys clean up your mess' but I think we all certainly appreciate quality forced induction options for BMW's.
    Sounds good. I'll contact you tomorrow.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I love the e39, and with a blower its gotta be a blast to drive. What I don't understand is why have you guys made a twin screw sc setup for them????
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    I love the e39, and with a blower its gotta be a blast to drive. What I don't understand is why have you guys made a twin screw sc setup for them????
    They're so much fun to drive. The e39 m5 is still one of my favorites in the lineup.

    Not sure if you meant have made or haven't? That's not a twinscrew..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if you meant have made or haven't? That's not a twinscrew..
    He meant haven't.

    The reason why not on the M5 is easy, individual throttle bodies.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He meant haven't.

    The reason why not on the M5 is easy, individual throttle bodies.
    Actually, that's not the answer. We have already deleted the individual throttle bodies on an M5 we have here at the shop. We are still working out the kinks for the single throttle body DBW setup. The car is running though and it is drive able.

    The main reason is time. We are so busy we just don't have any time for more development work here. We are finishing up the M5 kit, we have 2 S54 swapped e36's, one is getting a stage 2 and one is getting a V7. We have a car here we are developing an intake manifold for as well as all of our daily chores and mail order stuff.

    I do believe that we could put a twin screw on the s62 with very little trouble. But here's a question. Who is going to fork over the amount of dough it would cost to do a one off setup? And, is there enough of a market to develop a kit?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Actually, that's not the answer. We have already deleted the individual throttle bodies on an M5 we have here at the shop
    Well deleting them is the answer to make it work Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Who is going to fork over the amount of dough it would cost to do a one off setup? And, is there enough of a market to develop a kit?
    Nobody and no.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody and no.
    This is why it's not being done. Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    They're so much fun to drive. The e39 m5 is still one of my favorites in the lineup.

    Not sure if you meant have made or haven't? That's not a twinscrew..
    I meant why hasn't anyone. I think that would make the car much more bad a$$.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    I meant why hasn't anyone. I think that would make the car much more bad a$$.
    It would be. It's just not in the cards. If someone wanted to do a twin screw S62 and had the cash to prove it, it could be done.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here are some beauty shots of the car.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    How will the kit/production manifold differ?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How will the kit/production manifold differ?
    The Cast manifold will have the Race Marque logo raising from the top section of the manifold. I think I sent an image of the cad file. The air to liquid core with tanks and fittings will sit inside the casting so there will be no more welds showing on the sides of the manifold. The casting comes down the height of the core. This billet manifold only comes down to the bottom of the runner bore while the core and end tanks fill out the rest. The runners were designed to fit this manifold and engine. So there will be no more lengthy machining of generic cast runners. The discharge tube will also be a cast piece so there will be no more visible welds. The intake system will be offered in carbon fiber, fiberglass and thermosplastic. These are the main differences between this kit and the production kits.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    The Cast manifold will have the Race Marque logo raising from the top section of the manifold. I think I sent an image of the cad file. The air to liquid core with tanks and fittings will sit inside the casting so there will be no more welds showing on the sides of the manifold. The casting comes down the height of the core. This billet manifold only comes down to the bottom of the runner bore while the core and end tanks fill out the rest. The runners were designed to fit this manifold and engine. So there will be no more lengthy machining of generic cast runners. The discharge tube will also be a cast piece so there will be no more visible welds. The intake system will be offered in carbon fiber, fiberglass and thermosplastic. These are the main differences between this kit and the production kits.
    Does this only apply to the S62 or is it for M62's as well?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    652
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Does this only apply to the S62 or is it for M62's as well?
    This particular manifold is only for the S62. We are currently developing an M62 version.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Who is tuning the kit?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Who is tuning the kit?
    Osh apparently.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I would love to see a dyno sheet with afr's...
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •