Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This was the dyno results on my car, just after it had 2K miles and with the crappy preliminary RD Sport tune. The tune was later sorted out. By the time it had 8-15K miles and the final tune, it was putting down almost 450 whp and just over 350 wtq sae on a dynojet with 93 gas. Not bad at all and thats why the results in this OP mean nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    The 997 TT was used as an example. A 2007 5K-8K mile car, is technically a new car. It would be one year older than a 2008 M3 with probably more miles. There are plenty of other similar cars. Yes, they have dropped since we all bought M3's back in 2008, but I was referring to anyone who was planing to buy an M3 now, or had one and planed to fully modded whether FI or NA. That 997 TT with 516 whp and 536 wtq only has evoms tune and intake filter I believe.... Not bad and not expesive to do. If one is looking for mainly straight acceleration times like traps, 60-130, RWD or AWD does not matter sticky. When putting that much HP and for the purpose stated above, AWD is actually better. There a tiptronic, low miles, 997 TT for $80K or so as well. Im just using that car as an example.

"ET does not change power, power is power", Well of course Sticky. But please, give me some insight as to how my 414 whp 6 speed GT3 had a near identical ET as a 560HP e-gear LP-560? How are our 1 mile speeds different by 5 miles per hour and our 1/4 miles ET's different by less than 0.3 of a second? Or the outcome of the 2 races against the 516 whp/ 536 wtq 997 TT? Power is power, but my car with less power did what it did on the same day against this more power full cars. Please explain how, and you "power is power" comment will hold no value. Power will always be power, but based on these results, power is not everything. I waiting to know what was your 130 mph ET time Sticky.....

This RD Sport dyno cannot be looked upon as the final results; because its not. Its a barely broken in NEW motor. After a couple of thousand miles when it loosens up, it will put down about 10 hp more, and then with the full bolt ons and ecru, it will be around 440 whp..... and you know this, since it currently still has stock headers, stock cats, stock exhaust and stock ecru. Maybe even stock air filter still. Now if those were the final results and I was the owner of the car, someone would be paying the a visit, but its not the final results and I first hand know that my car, when fully done put down 440-450 whp, right on point. Now, its the extra 40 lbs of torque and extra 50 whp with the extra $12K Vs the money spent on a bolt on, not to everyone, but its the only way if one does not want FI.
    RWD or AWD matters big time depending on your goals. RWD is efficient, certainly matters to me. I also prefer driving a RWD car for fun factor. AWD is not better, it sucks more power, RWD is more efficient.

I understand your example on price, but I mean, no matter how it is stated, the M3 is a cheaper proposition. It also is not a Porsche. It is give and take. You also simply can not get a DCT in a porsche turbo for the prices you are stating. So, one is simply out of luck unless they have 130+k.

Why does your GT3 do well? Well, one of the reasons is that it is RWD. Secondly, the motor is in the back putting weight where you need it at launch. What would happen vs. the LP-560 from a roll? Well, that cars HP advantage would take over. ET is based on the 60 foot and launch. The quicker ET does not reflect the faster car always. No one said power is everything, power is power. You take the traction and 60 foot out of the equation, as in, get on the highway, and power rules the day. Does not matter what your ET is, matters what your trap speed is. My slip is posted in the garage, I ran an 11.9. So, your GT3 for example on that day may have ran a quicker ET. I still would be blowing by you at the 1/4 mile mark. Power... Plus, what does my ET have to do with anything? I ran that ET with a screwed up setup and transmission. With a proper setup, the car is more than capable of 10's.

This RDsport dyno better not be the final result as if I was the owner I would feel like an idiot after all that money. Yep, stock headers, stock cats, but I don't believe the exhaust is stock. Doesn't it have an aftermarket rear section? This car is not making 440 whp, it is making 380 whp. Does it have the potential for more? Sure it does. Can RDsport extract it? Well, they haven't yet. Regardless, this car today would lose to a bolt on DCT car. That... just isn't worth the money.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Sticky, I am pretty sure that with the correct exhaust and induction they can take advantage of displacement.

As you stated earlier, stock cams are also hurting this motor as we see big torque dip after 7000 RPM. In fact, if you're gonna stroke the motor, the next best thing you can do is go with headwork THEN cams. Cams are only used as fluid pumps at high RPM, and if the fluid doesnt have enough sectional area to move then it will ultimately hit a limit (sonic choke is the limit).

So for me, that stroker + headwork + full exhaust + cams will be a great running engine and I think easily in the 450 whp range. I just think that setup is currently not optimized, oh and don't forget tuning.

Oh and I still agree that the price is fail. That won't change. Coming from the domestic world where I can buy a forged stroker kit for my 5.0 for 900 bucks sort of has something to do with it.

Godddammnn 22k...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, I am pretty sure that with the correct exhaust and induction they can take advantage of displacement.

As you stated earlier, stock cams are also hurting this motor as we see big torque dip after 7000 RPM. In fact, if you're gonna stroke the motor, the next best thing you can do is go with headwork THEN cams. Cams are only used as fluid pumps at high RPM, and if the fluid doesnt have enough sectional area to move then it will ultimately hit a limit (sonic choke is the limit).

So for me, that stroker + headwork + full exhaust + cams will be a great running engine and I think easily in the 450 whp range. I just think that setup is currently not optimized, oh and don't forget tuning.

Oh and I still agree that the price is fail. That won't change. Coming from the domestic world where I can buy a forged stroker kit for my 5.0 for 900 bucks sort of has something to do with it.

Godddammnn 22k...
    I would agree that there is a lot more on the table here, there certainly better be. I don't think the customer is going to look at this and say wow did I get what I expected.

Yes, heads and cams should be addressed. I would say the cams BEFORE the heads. The heads are excellent to begin with and not a limitation at this power level. Since peak power occurs earlier I would say shifting the band to the right is the most important to hit the potential.

I would agree with you, stroker, headwork, full exhaust, cams, and a great tune will put you in that range if not more. Also, isn't that what someone should expect for the $32k retail? Obviously NA power is not cheap, we all get that, but one certainly expects to exceed bolt on's. If I did not have AT LEAST what GT3 hit I would be raising hell.

For the price this guy paid, he should have results like GT3. The problem is Federico isn't capable of tuning it. The hardware is good, actually great. High quality parts that are put together well (though never on time Click here to enlarge ). Federico's tuning issues are exactly why he contacted Powerchip to tune. Powerchip did a tune and had a deal to tune all the strokers but Federico did not pay for it, as it hurt his profit margin. Powerchip was not about to give their tune away for free, either.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

WOW! WTF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12