Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Built motor YSI 23 psi

I was at my friend's shop yesterday when this guy in this e46 m3 showed up. I've seen him driving around ventura but never got a chance to talk to him. He claims to have a built motor, with the YSI supercharger at 23 psi. 91 octane producing 714 whp. All I have is pics and a short video. He is an older man and is not on forums or anything at all. It is an 05 with 10k miles. Very clean car. I must say it was awesome seeing this thing. It is on full standalone too btw. Not sure who tuned it as it is not Gintani car. Just intake manifold and brackets. If you look closly it is a custom cog drive set up too. This guy really had a sick car.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Drool....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

That setup is serious.

Is he doing anything to control IATs. I dont see any form of intercooling whether liquid or with a heat exchanger.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    That setup is serious.

Is he doing anything to control IATs. I dont see any form of intercooling whether liquid or with a heat exchanger.
    Ohh crap, I missed a picture somehow. He has one in the front bumper I took the pick of the heat exchanger. He also has meth port right in the intake manifold. pretty legit.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    He claims to have a built motor, with the YSI supercharger at 23 psi. 91 octane producing 714 whp.
    What? And this car came out of nowhere how?

I should be able to tell if that is a YSI under the hood...

Anyway, only one car I know of was trying a YSI and that was @THATDONFC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What? And this car came out of nowhere how?

I should be able to tell if that is a YSI under the hood...

Anyway, only one car I know of was trying a YSI and that was @THATDONFC
    He's had it for about 2 years. Rarely brings it out though. You can't tell if it's a YSI through these pictures?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You can't tell if it's a YSI through these pictures?
    I should be able to without having to reference photos. You caught me at a time when I had a little too much beer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I should be able to without having to reference photos. You caught me at a time when I had a little too much beer.
    No problem man. Understandable. Go check out the race sectionClick here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i dont think those superchargers are capable of 23psi or 700 rwhp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Very Kool. Now Sticky has someone to race?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    If it is the YSI yes it is.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Very Kool. Now Sticky has someone to race?
    If @Sticky comes out to the event on nov 26 I just got confirmation this car will be at the track I will attend. He can get some more info on it himself and confirm it with us.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

If @Sticky comes out to the event on nov 26 I just got confirmation this car will be at the track I will attend. He can get some more info on it himself and confirm it with us.
    Ok that kind of makes me want to come. Whose car is this?

Does he actually have a dyno proving the 700 whp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Ok that kind of makes me want to come. Whose car is this?

Does he actually have a dyno proving the 700 whp?
    I just talked to him for about 5 minutes, got out the best of answers I could get in that time. He said it was dyno tuned. He is the owner of Blue Cafe...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It has a gintani intake manifold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Yes, it does, but he could have just had the manifold left over from basic kit for example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I just talked to him for about 5 minutes, got out the best of answers I could get in that time. He said it was dyno tuned. He is the owner of Blue Cafe...
    So who did it? Gintani? Tuned by OE Tuning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I sure they will know the human. Car has only 10k miles on it. Not many sc'd cars running around like it I'm sure they can shed more light on this car. Or just meet him at the track. If he runs it traps will not lie about the power he is claiming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes, it does, but he could have just had the manifold left over from basic kit for example.
    Yes exactly. He just bought the intake manifold and bracket. The rest he claimed and said "I build it." in persian accent.

So who did it? Gintani? Tuned by OE Tuning?
    Not Gintani. I do not know who tuned the car.I even asked if it was RMS. He said no. This is a totally custom set up pretty much.

I sure they will know the human. Car has only 10k miles on it. Not many sc'd cars running around like it I'm sure they can shed more light on this car. Or just meet him at the track. If he runs it traps will not lie about the power he is claiming.
    I did not get that deep into convo with him. I would like to know though too. I will ask him some more questions that come to mind when I see him again.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I know this car very well. It used to belong to a customer of ours. It was a stage 3. We took it up to Bimmerfest 08 and had it at the RMS booth along with the first RMS supercharged M5 with the air to liquid intake manifold. Then, the current owner purchased the car. I don't know the specifics of who did his setup or where he got it tuned. I know Gintani did not tune it though. RMS did not tune it either. It does have a V7. He has stopped in at the shop every now and again for some parts and miscellaneous stuff. I'll see if I can get some more info from him the next time he stops by. I can't guarantee when it will be though. I do remember he said he's happy when he gets 2k miles out of his cog belts.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    They are very capable of 700whp on the S54. The amount of boost it will make is dependent on any and all engine modifications and exhaust modifications. Put a 1.5" exhaust on it and it will make well over 23psi. Catch my drift?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    I know this car very well. It used to belong to a customer of ours. It was a stage 3. We took it up to Bimmerfest 08 and had it at the RMS booth along with the first RMS supercharged M5 with the air to liquid intake manifold. Then, the current owner purchased the car. I don't know the specifics of who did his setup or where he got it tuned. I know Gintani did not tune it though. RMS did not tune it either. It does have a V7. He has stopped in at the shop every now and again for some parts and miscellaneous stuff. I'll see if I can get some more info from him the next time he stops by. I can't guarantee when it will be though. I do remember he said he's happy when he gets 2k miles out of his cog belts.

They are very capable of 700whp on the S54. The amount of boost it will make is dependent on any and all engine modifications and exhaust modifications. Put a 1.5" exhaust on it and it will make well over 23psi. Catch my drift?
    true true, i had my superchargers mixed up i was under the impression the si was the 1200 hp one and the ysi was thhe 700hp one so i was thinking no way a 700 hp supercharger could lay down 700rwhp i did some research and actually figured out my backwards thinking! This supercharger has alot more room as it can flow to 30psi and 1200hp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Speaking of s54's what have you been up to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

thats not Carmen Wizegi///m3's old car is it? he posted about selling the motor last august.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Not Gintani. I do not know who tuned the car.I even asked if it was RMS. He said no. This is a totally custom set up pretty much.
    Crazy. Someone had to do the work, I wonder who? Someone also had to tune it. This is driving me nuts, we have a working YSI with no details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I do remember he said he's happy when he gets 2k miles out of his cog belts.
    Why does it eat belts so fast?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    thats not Carmen Wizegi///m3's old car is it? he posted about selling the motor last august.
    I don't think so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast