Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Not all 335i owners are ignorant about the M3's higher torque than the 335i due to the powerband. I read about this awhile ago, some guy did a comparo with graphs and $#@! between an m3 and a z06, and as it turns out, they both have the same torque levels are almost. Anyways, I used to be ignorant about that sh1t too, its a little hard to understand at first, but then it all makes sense. Click here to enlarge
    Link to this please? I always the 335i had a lot more torque I mean stock they produce more torque than the M3. I just assumed it was because the M3 was a high revving V8 vs a lower revving turbo straight six.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    Link to this please? I always the 335i had a lot more torque I mean stock they produce more torque than the M3. I just assumed it was because the M3 was a high revving V8 vs a lower revving turbo straight six.
    Difference between crank torque and axle torque. The 335 does make more torque at the crank. This has to go through the gears and final drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a threshold to power and street tires at the drag strip I didn't fully prepar myself with DR's and the car puts too much power down , if I had something to hide or didn't want anyone to know what state my car is in power wise I would never share what went down at the dyno PERIOD , the dyno had lacked good air fans , when Akash comes up for some friendly runs we will dyno and I'll bring my fans and prove my point ... I was 1mph behind Akash and I'm 6Mt I was clearly making 590+whp at the strip as my traps are spot on compared to a ESS 625 DCT TRAP ...
    I hate to break it to you and you can ignore this all you want ESS has the fastest/most power bolt on supercharger for the E9x M3 platform !
    The drag strip is all about perpetration my friend , a car with 450+ whp can be impressive when prepped right !! Look at what a ESS DCT VT535 KIT did ... 11.8 125mph ... Need I remind you that car has no inter cooler .... No Meth .... And 4.5lbs of boost .... Explain that shorty Click here to enlarge

What are you going to say when the out come on the street is different between me and Akash ? Guess we will see what you spice up .....

Akash this is no way in offense to you or am I talking your car down I'm just being realistic .
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The excuses begin...

Maybe your car SHOULD put down 555 whp and the other numbers were a bunch of BS? You suddenly lost 50 whp? Ok Click here to enlarge

600 whp should be producing 130+ in the 1/4 mile. Your dyno's are a marketing exercise which is why we have been trying to get you and the other paper racers out to the track.

This is poetic justice as you ripped on AA claiming their power was too low but same place same time the AA kit proved to be more efficient and whooped you. Where is your power bud? Instead of attacking Active Autowerke claiming they aren't making the power they claim you should hold yourself and ESS to the same standard.

You foresee a 128-130 trap suddenly? Don't throw around claims like that on paper that you can't back up.

Maybe go back to playing with graphs where you are more comfortable?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you had no meth then ya, no intercooler your car will heatsoak and will be slower than a car with meth, period...my question is why would ESS ever release this highest boost kit WITHOUT either an intercooler OR meth, wtf is that??

IMHO, these kits should have meth as a requirement, even if its 100% water and a small nozzle, just to keep IATs down
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow really impressed by this....... This kit is proving itself to be a genuine option for thise that want real deal performance, Well done AKH, well done AA, now please tell me we have some footage?? did you guys do any runs AA Vs Ess on the way home??? i know you did!! come on now....... Details, details.....Now as a loyal ess fan and owner...... i have to say Guys no excuses, this kit did the $#@!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your close ,
    M point it a 535 HP kit car that doesn't have IC nor Meth trailed him by 1mph , which is impressive to me !!!
    I have IC as have the 625hp kit but I experienced major traction issues cause continental DW's weren't cutting it !
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    if you had no meth then ya, no intercooler your car will heatsoak and will be slower than a car with meth, period...my question is why would ESS ever release this highest boost kit WITHOUT either an intercooler OR meth, wtf is that??

IMHO, these kits should have meth as a requirement, even if its 100% water and a small nozzle, just to keep IATs down

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    congrats to akash for the 100th time im still blown away by these results on street tires lol!!anways, in defense of M33, sticky you cant pretend you dont know how big of a difference DCT makes on trap speed and ET on these cars, especially when supercharged. Dont you find it impressive on behalf of the ESS kit that the 6speed kit was only trapping a MPH behind of the AA DCT kit? (let alone how bad that car spins, you have to be at the track to see him spinning into 4th its just plain stupid).....and for the VT1-535 non-intercooled kit to trap 125@11.6, I think we can use our imaginations to what a DCT VT2 high boost kit could have probably hit that day (130mph+)....I dont know if youve seen the video of Drew against a VT1 ESS kit, but the results are drastic - the intercooled kit pulls buslengths on the VT1. So in reality I dont think theres anything "false advertised" about the kit, but its the fact its 6 speed. If anything the results are impressive I would think...that is, for a 6 speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge

the high boost kits are intercooled

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    Here's the link that explains the m3's torque vs a z06. http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=23608

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Erm ... Finaly someone with logical sense I would post the video of ESS 535 vs 625 but put of respect to alash I won't but if interested you can do a search on YouTube .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's the link that explains the m3's torque vs a z06. http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=23608
    This should not be a surprise to anyone. M3 engine has very little torque. However, using 7k - 8k revs only, it does not matter, since that way it still generates the force needed for quick acceleration.

However, this is NOT what is generally understood by torque. I believe most people think torque as low/mid revrange power. I don't know anyone who would say a high revving formula 1 has a lot of torque although at high revs it can surely put a lot of torque to axle...

Using high revs is a way to do things. Not better or worse in absolute terms. However, subjectively some prefer torque without revs for it being easy and readily available t cruising or what not...however, e.g. a racing car is not cruising at 1800 RPM, so they should max the torque at way high up at the rev range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
    There is a threshold to power and street tires at the drag strip I didn't fully prepar myself with DR's and the car puts too much power down , if I had something to hide or didn't want anyone to know what state my car is in power wise I would never share what went down at the dyno PERIOD , the dyno had lacked good air fans , when Akash comes up for some friendly runs we will dyno and I'll bring my fans and prove my point
    So you blame a dyno for being down on power? Well, airflow isn't a problem on the drag strip so what is the issue there?

DR's or no DR's you will usually trap higher on street tires spinning. So, looks like you aren't making 600 whp which surprises absolutely nobody.

I was 1mph behind Akash and I'm 6Mt I was clearly making 590+whp at the strip as my traps are spot on compared to a ESS 625 DCT TRAP ...
    Uh, no you weren't because I wasn't making 600 whp and was up over 130 mph. You keep thinking you are making that power though. The drag strip doesn't lie.

The drag strip is all about perpetration my friend , a car with 450+ whp can be impressive when prepped right !!
    In ET yes.

Look at what a ESS DCT VT535 KIT did ... 11.8 125mph ... Need I remind you that car has no inter cooler .... No Meth .... And 4.5lbs of boost .... Explain that shorty
    Don't know that car. DCT? Weight stripped out? Race gas? "Special" files? Who knows.

What are you going to say when the out come on the street is different between me and Akash ?
    That you had a heart attack the AA kit you were talking down on was whooping on you with less power so you called up Roman/AJ throwing a fit asking for another pulley and tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    sticky you cant pretend you dont know how big of a difference DCT makes on trap speed and ET on these cars, especially when supercharged. Dont you find it impressive on behalf of the ESS kit that the 6speed kit was only trapping a MPH behind of the AA DCT kit?
    No, not at all, considering this guy thinks he has 600 whp. If he is trapping 1 MPH behind a car with power in the low 500's when he is claiming to have over 100 whp more (which he doesn't) that is sad for the ESS kit and great for the AA not the other way around.

I think we can use our imaginations to what a DCT VT2 high boost kit could have probably hit that day (130mph+)
    I don't use my imagination to come up with dreamed up numbers. Only 2 cars hit 130+ boost only, none of them have been ESS cars claiming ridiculous dyno figures. They have played all of you and I am just sitting back laughing when the real world shows those dyno's to be exactly what they are, useless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Erm ... Finaly someone with logical sense I would post the video of ESS 535 vs 625 but put of respect to alash I won't but if interested you can do a search on YouTube .
    Nobody cares about your excuses. What happened, happened and you ran what you ran. Play with dyno's if it's easier for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That thread explains it well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Isn't everything on your car considered bolt off?

I'm just talking smack to brew up couple more people for atco Dec 5th
    lol, that was my point. i cant talk $#@! right now since ill be rolling stock..

but i would wager that the M3 takes any AMG it lines up with Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.youtube.com/user/erm324#p/u/13/rJXyeORKFfs

im trapping 117 best here (this is BEFORE my tune and a heavy passenger), and this is against a 6 speed VT1.......so the VT1 speed speed is around 117-118 trap range.......look at what the DCT VT1-535 was able to accomplish at the track 125....so obviously there is a huge difference between DCT and 6 Speed....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, that was my point. i cant talk $#@! right now since ill be rolling stock..

but i would wager that the M3 takes any AMG it lines up with Click here to enlarge
    i wager the same.....blown dct m3's are pretty serious especially from a 45-50 roll...up top the AMGs will suffer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so obviously there is a huge difference between DCT and 6 Speed....
    Who said there isn't? Doesn't change the fact horsepower doesn't suddenly disappear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bro you are one demented individual !
    I'm not making excuses and know what my car is capable of ...
    I proved your pea brained self wrong many times , for example me vs a Z06 where I put 3to 4 cars on .
    As for trap speed at the track the more I spun the worst my trap was , I only hit 126 with MdM mode , you clearly have no clue what these cars can do which I don't blame you as are a person who bought an M3 drove it for 1/2 a year and sat without the car for 3 years meanwhile I'm going on my 3rd one ..
    For the record I'm not blaming the dyno I'm blaming the fans used that day don't twist things around cause all your doing is showing people how dumb you are which in your case is hard not to but yet still insist in doing so ...
    Stop commenting on peoples cars and worry about yours lol do you even have one ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.youtube.com/user/erm324#p/u/13/rJXyeORKFfs

im trapping 117 best here (this is BEFORE my tune and a heavy passenger), and this is against a 6 speed VT1.......so the VT1 speed speed is around 117-118 trap range.......look at what the DCT VT1-535 was able to accomplish at the track 125....so obviously there is a huge difference between DCT and 6 Speed....

doesnt count. the air seems to be phenominal these days. AKH picked up 2mph, M33 picked up 3 mph,i picked up 2-3 mph, and the 535 kit picked up huge mph. but again, it has to do with the air. not the boost. whats 3 psi worth? 40 hp? was it and e92? did he have any WR? many factors and im betting the 535 kit is equally powerful if only slightly less than the higher kits

This is why i said hit atco on the private day. your gonna set a record for N/A, i guarantee it

moot point as its game over for all of you very soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not making excuses and know what my car is capable of ...
    But the drag strip timing equipment doesn't? Trap speed is all horsepower friend.

I proved your pea brained self wrong many times
    You did? You forgot to inform me.

for example me vs a Z06 where I put 3to 4 cars on .
    A stock Z06 is capable of smoking you at the track with what you have done so far lol.

As for trap speed at the track the more I spun the worst my trap was , I only hit 126 with MdM mode , you clearly have no clue what these cars can do which I don't blame you as are a person who bought an M3 drove it for 1/2 a year and sat without the car for 3 years meanwhile I'm going on my 3rd one ..
    I clearly have no clue which is why I ran 130 in the 1/4 before you ever got a blower.

For the record I'm not blaming the dyno I'm blaming the fans used that day don't twist things around cause all your doing is showing people how dumb you are which in your case is hard not to but yet still insist in doing so ...
    I do not even care about your dyno numbers. What fans the dyno has or does not have means absolutely nothing on the drag strip. So lack of fans made your "600 whp" disappear? You don't have 600 whp, that is what everyone needs to take away from this.

An M3 with power in the low 500's embarassed you and you sat around talking down on the guy and the kit for months. This is poetic justice. Clearly YOU don't know anything about these cars and have been brainwashed with fake dyno figures.

Stop commenting on peoples cars and worry about yours lol do you even have one ?
    Run 130 boost only and come talk to me. Until then, you are a failure racing with dyno's and claiming numbers you haven't hit. I have, what about you?

You were way, way out of line talking down on the Active kit. Need a reminder?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m33
    Active is a good company no doubt about that !
    But can you honesty sit there and tell everyone that getting 468whp for a kit claiming 625chp @ the price you paid a solid choice ??
    I would be a little pissed if it were me ....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33
    How about this ......
    I'm calling out any AA E9x SC'rd M3 on the east cost out for a friendly run.
    let's compare AA's best to ESS's best on the road
    I willing and able to run a AA E9x M3 cause at the end of the day this discussion is about just that ! Not custom turbo cars , that's going off track let's stick to E9x M3's do I have any volunteers ???
    Step up or sit down !
    You referring to @LostMarine:

That dude was a complete idiot !
    You talking more smack like an idiot:

This is about supercharged E9x M3's and ESS simply has the best priced kit that puts out the most power with out blowing any Motors and moderate boost levels !
    AA in my book has the worst figures thus far still early to tell, also with a lot of use less parts like 2 additional band aid bypass/blow off valves where as the 90% of forced induction cars use only one it's not like they have a secret mirical tune cause there figures say differently, Gintani from what I've seen and heard pretty much blew motors left and right with too much high boost , so it's safe to say AJ is by far one of the best tuners for this plate form so I think Omar Jean should get off his nuts at this point cause they are pushing him to stand by his product and make them look like fools , I would do the same if someone told me and orange has vitamin D ... Get my drift
    For a dude who has done nothing you sure talk a lot of smack:

Yo taz don't forget to mention my ESS 401k

For a dude who only trapped 123mph with 1000 donky kong power you sure talk a lot of smack

This was fantastic. After all the $#@! you and that guy img talked on this AA kit it hands you your ass. I love it, I'm honestly loving it. Keep making excuses about fans on dynos and your "traction" issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bring me a 6mt that trapped more than me Click here to enlarge
    Please don't tell me about high horsepowered cars , I owned and built 4 ..

Enough about mine where's your monster?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enough about mine where's your monster?
    Don't worry about my car, that's out of your league. This thread is about the AA kit beating you even after you talked down on it calling your setup the best. Hilarious.

Bring me a 6mt that trapped more than me
    Oh, so you are only trapping around 126 with 600 whp? You don't think that is kind of pathetic?

Here is a secret, the manual is geared better past the 1/8 mile. You aren't making the power you were claiming. Bring me a real slip to match your inflated dynos, until then you should Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    0h I didn't realize you indicated your car puts down 600whp! If you know how to drive that should be 135+mph traps..looks like its either that your car is down 100whp OR you need to practice your shifting and/or shift points to maximize the power under the curve...i have no reason to doubt anything you're saying M33, I just think you need to practice more...same car can trap 5-6mph less than ideal easily if shift points aren't optimized for the power band

i don't understand what everyone is arguing about...my advice to you is to look at your dyno, if you haven't already, and look at where you need to shift...on street tires you should trap higher than on deflated DRs..
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast