Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Cool 11.43sec 1/4 mile to end the year with

Here's the 2 best slips of the day:

Click here to enlarge

Here's the vbox screenshot for the 11.43@125 run showing this is no longer a fast track sadly Click here to enlarge matter of fact, its a SLOW $#@!ing track now go figure...vbox shows 128.3mph trap and 101.1mph 1/8th while the slip is at 125.06mph for the 1/4mile trap and 99.57mph for the 1/8th...that is now a full 3.24mph slower on the SLIP!!! I just $#@!ing realized this $#@! is over 3mph slower than vbox now, somehow in my head I had it that it was a 126.5mph trap...anyways, it is what it is, i guess i can now brag about running on a slower track too only in this case I measured it unlike sh...cough cough...iv and company

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

and here's what i'm most proud of, who thinks there's more life in these? These took a beating AND A HALF these past 8-9 months Click here to enlarge

here's a jb4 captured log of the 11.4 run...among other things you'll notice that my timing is totally $#@! in this run...it literally flatlines to zero after and I think the reason is that I had my WOTBox ignition coil power delay set too long (up to 175ms instead of usual 80-100ms)...definitely something worth looking into as its definitely cost me some trap speed in the end but I guess that's what happens when you run alpha stuff and experiment on your own..if i was shiv I'd run out and get a better looking log to show but not me...it is what it is, boost didn't drop due to wotbox, afr was good, meth was flowing...this was on 102 octane mark2 which i used to dyno with but i'll be switching over to 112 unleaded going forward...thing to note on timing too, other than the wotbox potentially playing a role here the timing map runs not 10-14deg but 4 to about 10deg...

Click here to enlarge

more work to be done on the race map that's for sure...too bad i have no idea what timing looked like on the rest of the 5 cylinders...maybe it was just cyl1 crapping out

fire away Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 11-06-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Congrats and well deserved. You put a ton of time and effort into the car and the results prove it! Well done bro!
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Congrats and well deserved. You put a ton of time and effort into the car and the results prove it! Well done bro!
    thanks buddy Click here to enlarge all good when it ends on a good note..really glad i didn't end it off with a wreck, get to live another year Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    very nice man! that's an amazing time.. glad those RBs are working for you Click here to enlarge
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yandyr thanks man, how u been? long time...

Not sure why the editor is messing with my posts, removed one of the images for some reason ..here it is again, 1000ft time/trap and 1/4mile off vbox

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Do you even want to bother with the old 60-130 or old slips going up on the list?

Was about to add them but then saw this, so, care to update the thread?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Added this 11.43 to the list.

Give me the updated 60-130 though with the graph in the 60-130 thread.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Your meth looks like it is acting up. I have never seen Iats drop, rise, drop and then rise again. Usually its a drop, flatline, rise, no up down up down movment. As you already mentioned you timing is complete $#@!, further making me think your meth system is having issues. Be careful, and start using the cobb for logging cause that logs doesnt show anything imporant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Ambient was 40-45F that day and it does look like meth wasn't doing anything...a day before the track I remember seeing engine bay was a bit wet around where the nozzle adapters are but I cut the line again flat and reinserted it into the fitting...my cmgs kit has always been very unreliable and i'm looking to go aquamist hfs-3 next year...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You're not using the AP to log because yours is broken at the moment right? I think I read this before and I just wanted to ask.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Added this 11.43 to the list.

Give me the updated 60-130 though with the graph in the 60-130 thread.
    Thanks..I'll add a new 60-130 post

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    You're not using the AP to log because yours is broken at the moment right? I think I read this before and I just wanted to ask.
    Yes but not only that, I used the jb4 for in dash meth and AFR gauges which I always try to keep an eye on and abort a pull if $#@! ain't right...I should be getting the AP back from Cobb this week sometime...once Terry changes the jb4 firmware to connect to the canbus using a different code/node/port I'll be able to use both simultaneously or so it sounds like

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

yeah your timing looks as bad as mine does in 5th gear. it's hit or miss with my car. Sometimes timing recovers normally and looks fine, sometimes it takes a dump for no reason. I'm fairly certain my meth is flowing perfectly because trims keep trending downward.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Now I'm left wondering just how much more was left on the table trap speed wise due to this $#@! timing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Any idea what your 60-130 times would look like with timing like that??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Any idea what your 60-130 times would look like with timing like that??
    As far as I recall best 60-130 I pulled off that day at the strip was 8.3secs...strip has 0% grade decline though so that plays a role as well as an additional shift from 2nd to 3rd which isn't there when I do 60-130 runs...excluding that 2-3 shift I'd say at worst that timing would've impacted a proper 60-130 run by about 0.2secs maybe but not sure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Still a great pass but don't think I'd consider it a very clean one. You ever do vbox 1/4 mile passes or only while at the dragstrip?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Still a great pass but don't think I'd consider it a very clean one. You ever do vbox 1/4 mile passes or only while at the dragstrip?
    vbox showed 128.3mph trap for this at the strip (screenshots in this thread)...with any decline whatsoever that would've been a 130+ on the vbox...definitely more left on the table once that timing is cleaned up...i really think what laloosh said about my meth flow being weird is true given IATs (70-80F) on such a cold day (40-45F)...especially up in 4th gear

once cobb finalizes the map i'll be itching to hit the strip again but it likely won't happen before next April though...this is Canada and it tends to snow and freeze over sometimes lol even on brand spanking new winter tires I just got I have absolutely no traction hitting WOT in 4th gear at 3.5k-4k rpm Click here to enlarge i've officially been neutered lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I hear ya I was asking as it would be nice to see what the vbox alone says when you get a clean 1/4 mile pass in, which isn't always the easiest thing at the track. Nevertheless good run, I'm sure there's more left. I'd love to see an RB car first in the 10s Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Dzenno you might not be able to test this til next year but when you get your AP back, log fuel mode. I have a patched map that disables fuel mode 6 and it seems to have improved but I still flatline gears from time to time. Wonder if IAT trends have anything to do with this?

I dropped my meth spray trigger from 11 psi to 8 psi for testing. Looks like you're flatlining from no lift shifting as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I'd love to see an RB car first in the 10s
    and i'd love to be that car lol but the guys in warmer climates will get their chance first by the looks of it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno you might not be able to test this til next year but when you get your AP back, log fuel mode. I have a patched map that disables fuel mode 6 and it seems to have improved but I still flatline gears from time to time. Wonder if IAT trends have anything to do with this?

I dropped my meth spray trigger from 11 psi to 8 psi for testing. Looks like you're flatlining from no lift shifting as well.
    I really don't think WOTBox has anything to do with this, i'm actually pretty sure...i've done countless runs on the road with the WOTBox and just because coil power is cut the actual ignition timing advance curves don't go to zero...this day at the strip something else was up and its most likely my meth kit given IATs and ambient temps...my ambient temps should've been down in the 50F range tops not 80

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Actually what the wotbox does is mimic what happens on a 6at gear shift. Timing goes negative during the shift holding boost and meth spraying through the shift and should recover afterward, which isn't happening in your case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Actually what the wotbox does is mimic what happens on a 6at gear shift. Timing goes negative during the shift holding boost and meth spraying through the shift and should recover afterward, which isn't happening in your case.
    you're drawing that conclusion too fast IMO as far as the wotbox is concerned...honestly this is the first time ever i've had timing drops like that and i've used the wotbox quite extensively on the road before going to the track...just because the end result is similar/same doesn't directly point at the wotbox...it could be the cause but i'd be very surprised...in any case, its worth looking into once the cobb stg3 map is finalized for RBs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Timing is odd. Why is IAT creeping then dropping then creeping again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Timing is odd. Why is IAT creeping then dropping then creeping again?
    exactly...wish i knew...i think there is/was a leak at the nozzles past the flow sensor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast