Close

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    APEX 17's w/ Mickey Thompson's mounted w/ Vorshlag stud kit (Pics)

    Got these suckers on today :4ngie:

    Thanks Scott (RaceMX-M3) for showing us this setup, it fits and looks great.

    I thought it would look kinda weird, but I have to say it definitely looks like it means business!

    Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, will take the car out later on tonight. :excited:

    Comparision to my 275/30/19 BFG KDW's:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge


    Vorshlag 90mm stud Conversion kit on rear:

    Click here to enlarge

    w/ 15mm H&R Spacers:

    Click here to enlarge

    Front:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The MT's are an awesome drag radial.

    Have you tried them out yet vs. your KDW's?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    No, too early to go out and bang on the car, I'll take it out later tonight Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    No, too early to go out and bang on the car, I'll take it out later tonight Click here to enlarge
    Let me know, want to hear what you think of them on the street.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    So, the tires DEFINITELY hook! Just need 1 run to warm them up, then you are good to go for the next run. I was only on pump and meth last night, so we will see how they handle race and meth. I think they will do fine as I only lowered the PSI last night to 26 and didn't heat them up as much as I could have.

    Also, the DCS was intervening when just hitting the button, thank god Chris showed us the trick to really disable it, cause that solved the problem perfectly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    So, the tires DEFINITELY hook! Just need 1 run to warm them up, then you are good to go for the next run. I was only on pump and meth last night, so we will see how they handle race and meth. I think they will do fine as I only lowered the PSI last night to 26 and didn't heat them up as much as I could have.

    Also, the DCS was intervening when just hitting the button, thank god Chris showed us the trick to really disable it, cause that solved the problem perfectly.
    Interesting, so you disabled it fully and all was good?

    And you hooked up, probably a lot more fun when putting the power down, huh? Sounds like a night and day difference between the tires.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yep, after I did the lil trick, all was good. Tires are definitely a night and day difference, no comparison.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yep, after I did the lil trick, all was good. Tires are definitely a night and day difference, no comparison.
    So you planning on daily driving on drag radials now? I was thinking the same thing except I'm concerned about the handling.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you planning on daily driving on drag radials now? I was thinking the same thing except I'm concerned about the handling.
    No no no, I will swap out between these and my 19's as needed. My crappy BFG KDW's ill be done for soon and when they are, I want to get some nice sticky tires for the 19's as well, the likes of Toyo R888's or Bridgestone RE-11's

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    No no no, I will swap out between these and my 19's as needed. My crappy BFG KDW's ill be done for soon and when they are, I want to get some nice sticky tires for the 19's as well, the likes of Toyo R888's or Bridgestone RE-11's
    Ah, I see. So these are just for "Mexico" ?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ah, I see. So these are just for "Mexico" ?
    Mexico runs, 60-130 runs, and sooner or later when I'm prepared to brake things I'll go to the strip

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •