Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

535i downpipes???^^^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

We have 535i downpipes.We have had a few people buy those over the time they were out!The down pipes overall are getting an overhaul and will be back in stock shortly - will be XI and RWD fitment across 1, 3, 5 series.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ETA on when they will be ready for purchase?... And what am I looking at for pricing?...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J*U*icEd_n54 Click here to enlarge
    ETA on when they will be ready for purchase?... And what am I looking at for pricing?...
    Pricing who knows but the timeline we are looking at was already mentioned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Pricing will be as current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com Click here to enlarge
    Pricing will be as current
    ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ?
    $700 or so IIRC
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com Click here to enlarge
    We have 535i downpipes.We have had a few people buy those over the time they were out!The down pipes overall are getting an overhaul and will be back in stock shortly - will be XI and RWD fitment across 1, 3, 5 series.
    Good to know Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Any updates on the upgrade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This looks like a very interesting setup. That rear section looks better flowing than the stock 1M rear section, I'm interested.

Any updates from CP-E?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting....Updates pls! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

+1 carcars... good luck getting an update. if they do plan further development for this kit they'll definitely update 'us' as we, the forums, are a huge customer bank for them. now why i don't see further development happening? they wont be able to beat the single kits pricing/power. and if the customer wants twins and not a single, he/she already has two very viable options available, with one about to get a major overhaul/upgrade.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    +1 carcars... good luck getting an update. if they do plan further development for this kit they'll definitely update 'us' as we, the forums, are a huge customer bank for them. now why i don't see further development happening? they wont be able to beat the single kits pricing/power. and if the customer wants twins and not a single, he/she already has two very viable options available, with one about to get a major overhaul/upgrade.
    cp-e has great products and downpipe, IC, exhaust etc etc ....

I do not understand as they are capable of giving false information turbosClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

and if the customer wants twins and not a single, he/she already has two very viable options available, with one about to get a major overhaul/upgrade.
    Click here to enlarge you're talking ASR again? what major overhaul/upgrade? we haven't seen anything yet about those how would anyone know there is anything to overhaul or upgrade in the first place? just sayin' no offense
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    cp-e has great products and downpipe, IC, exhaust etc etc ....

I do not understand as they are capable of giving false information turbosClick here to enlarge
    indeed they do have a great line of products, and i respect their company. maybe they just need more time than any other company to push a kit out. i never said they would release 'false' information (maybe it's just the language barrier), just that i don't see an update anytime soon, especially now that the single boys have come to play.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge you're talking ASR again? what major overhaul/upgrade? we haven't seen anything yet about those how would anyone know there is anything to overhaul or upgrade in the first place? just sayin' no offense
    indeed i am. and i mentioned some of it on my 'hello, i'm back' thread. there is still information i am not allowed to make public, yet, but the larger compressor wheel i can talk about. put it this way, he expects near 600wheel on racegas and low 500's on pump. that may or may not be a far-fetched claim, time will tell. prototype testing is still being done on the asr 1. they are quite thorough.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

indeed i am. and i mentioned some of it on my 'hello, i'm back' thread. there is still information i am not allowed to make public, yet, but the larger compressor wheel i can talk about. put it this way, he expects near 600wheel on racegas and low 500's on pump. that may or may not be a far-fetched claim, time will tell. prototype testing is still being done on the asr 1. they are quite thorough.
    lol its either them or you that's full of $#@! not sure hehehe Click here to enlarge just kidding
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

lol its either them or you that's full of $#@! not sure hehehe Click here to enlarge just kidding
    well your two statements contradict each other, so i'm hoping you really mean the latter (just kidding). hey i didn't make the claim, i'm just a customer, but we'll see. i would be very surprised if by when he wants to display/sell his new update he has not dyno'd the 1 on the new turbo setup yet.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

i just find it funny that they said they'll upgrade a compressor wheel and get 600wheel out of it that's all..i can tell you right now that won't do anything and compressor wheel is already maxed for the housing..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i just find it funny that they said they'll upgrade a compressor wheel and get 600wheel out of it that's all..i can tell you right now that won't do anything and compressor wheel is already maxed for the housing..
    Yeah, most of the reason the N54 gets all crappy at high RPM is extreme back-pressure/heat from those tiny exhaust wheels and housings.

A full twin kit like the CP-E prototype would likely work REALLY well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Unless its a twinscroll manifold I'm honestly not interested in upgrading at all...i love seeing this motor handle tons of power and pushing the limits but for I'll personally never go for a typical single...just like i never bit the bullet for nitrous even though it was always tempting due to the easy power adder ability...no rushing things, RBs are honestly way more than plenty on the street for now and its fun tuning them too with Cobb and learning along the way
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Unless its a twinscroll manifold I'm honestly not interested in upgrading at all...i love seeing this motor handle tons of power and pushing the limits but for I'll personally never go for a typical single...just like i never bit the bullet for nitrous even though it was always tempting due to the easy power adder ability...no rushing things, RBs are honestly way more than plenty on the street for now and its fun tuning them too with Cobb and learning along the way
    yesterday bought a set of turbos rb for a client,perhaps the change by mine hehehe ...

see that such work and compare withlobamotorsport
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ASR needs to adopt a Version naming convention whilst realizing there's a time and a place for Hybrids such as ASR and RBs. Minor changes such as are so often noted are simply not going to amount to much in the grand scheme of things. Biggest concern at this time should be induction tubes. Then maybe compressor housings with new hotside intercooler to turbo pipes. The OEM actuators are great, nothing to do there. The internal gates are junk and need replacement 95% of the time. Water cooling is a plus. Without a new housing the compressor size is limited. After that you can tune away to the most the turbine housings will allow... But don't expect too much, be happy with what they are known for being capable of as it's quite an improvement with a fairly simple install and low cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

luckily for them, that's not all of the modification being done. unfortunately for the forums i cannot divulge deeply into each and every piece of the puzzle... yet. patience should be simple in this case as only a handful of people on this forum own a set. and the ones who do probably know the same as i do, as they got the upgrade pitch/purchase from the man himself. now that you mention it, a new compressor housing is also on the burner for an even larger compressor but that is way down the pipeline if ever happening.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, most of the reason the N54 gets all crappy at high RPM is extreme back-pressure/heat from those tiny exhaust wheels and housings.

A full twin kit like the CP-E prototype would likely work REALLY well.
    i would tend to agree, but are you honestly expecting an update any time soon? the mani's sure look great and are probably functional... the problem i foresee is not much gain over the stock mani/full upgraded chra combo, so not much sales because of the large price difference. time will tell as always.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    ASR needs to adopt a Version naming convention whilst realizing there's a time and a place for Hybrids such as ASR and RBs. Minor changes such as are so often noted are simply not going to amount to much in the grand scheme of things. Biggest concern at this time should be induction tubes. Then maybe compressor housings with new hotside intercooler to turbo pipes. The OEM actuators are great, nothing to do there. The internal gates are junk and need replacement 95% of the time. Water cooling is a plus. Without a new housing the compressor size is limited. After that you can tune away to the most the turbine housings will allow... But don't expect too much, be happy with what they are known for being capable of as it's quite an improvement with a fairly simple install and low cost.
    ah rob, you cease to amaze me. and you seem to know a few little facts that i purposely left out, so you have some spies somewhere, or maybe called as a mock customer interested? yes the new design chra's will be water-cooled and oil cooled like the rb set-up and stock chra. the new actuators will be only piston type. that's all the information i can release i'm sorry. time'll go faster than you think and we'll have a new asr dyno for people to bash and call fake/fabricated.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

No spies here. Just common layman concepts that's all. None of which will amount to much as I've said prior. The turbine housing is still a small turbine housing, capable of only so much of flow. Nothing against ASR, in fact if any spies had ever contacted me they'd probably say that I've praised their efforts. I just think they waste much effort in areas that don't really matter (ie. several different styles of wastegate actuators, ever changing compressors, slightly different turbine housing maching strategies etc). It doesn't take a spy for this type of data when I can just read about how it's going to increase power by about 100rwhp to be the supreme Hybrid on BimmerBoost.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast