Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1M drifting

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    So the fact that the new M5 DESTROYS the outgoing model in every performance aspect means nothing because it has turbos?
    No, the new M5 is an M car but I told you reasons why BMW ruined M as you asked for.

There is more to an M car than just the straightline performance or power.

And why do you give a $#@! about M suv's? They are fast as $#@!... Porsche had a high performance SUV before BMW did, thats why BMw made it. Do you feel the same way about porsche?
    I own a Porsche SUV. I have nothing personal against the M SUV's as I really like them. The problem I have is with BMW M going back on their word. With the E53 4.6is BMW stated they would never build an M suv because it went against the principles of the M brand. They sold out their principles, that is the problem I have with it. If you remembered why the 4.6is did not receive M badging you would have already known this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, the new M5 is an M car but I told you reasons why BMW ruined M as you asked for.

There is more to an M car than just the straightline performance or power.
    The new M5 doesn't only excel in straight line speed, it also is fast on the ring and the Hockenheim Short, where it is faster than every BMW ever made with the exception on the M3 GTS. That tells me it can turn also. http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/hockenheim_short.html

I own a Porsche SUV. I have nothing personal against the M SUV's as I really like them. The problem I have is with BMW M going back on their word. With the E53 4.6is BMW stated they would never build an M suv because it went against the principles of the M brand. They sold out their principles, that is the problem I have with it. If you remembered why the 4.6is did not receive M badging you would have already known this.
    Welcome to the business world. Heaven forbid a business would ever change it business strategy...
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

The new M5 doesn't only excel in straight line speed, it also is fast on the ring and the Hockenheim Short, where it is faster than every BMW ever made with the exception on the M3 GTS. That tells me it can turn also. http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/hockenheim_short.html
    Of course it can turn and will outperform the previous generation, so? It still is much heavier than the previous generation and still has a turbo motor although at least BMW gave it some changes.

Welcome to the business world. Heaven forbid a business would ever change it business strategy...
    This BMW's excuse and they can now give us less (like just some motor they have lying around *cough* N54 *cough*) and charge more for less. We lose, they win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Of course it can turn and will outperform the previous generation, so? It still is much heavier than the previous generation and still has a turbo motor although at least BMW gave it some changes.
    Same could be said about your beloved e9x M3, no? About the weight anyway.

This BMW's excuse and they can now give us less (like just some motor they have lying around *cough* N54 *cough*) and charge more for less. We lose, they win.
    How do we lose, even with that "$#@!ty" motor we have been given the best M car BMW has put out in 20 years...so whats your point? I know I smile every time I take her out. Thats just me though...
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Same could be said about your beloved e9x M3, no? About the weight anyway.
    Sure, but at least it isn't as bloated as the F10.

How do we lose, even with that "$#@!ty" motor we have been given the best M car BMW has put out in 20 years...so whats your point? I know I smile every time I take her out. Thats just me though...
    On what planet is the 1M the best M car in 20 years?

We lose because we no longer get the best naturally aspirated motors in the world. Porsche manages to do both and cater to their enthusiasts instead of selling out. BMW forced their decision on us, lame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

We lose because we no longer get the best naturally aspirated motors in the world. Porsche manages to do both and cater to their enthusiasts instead of selling out. BMW forced their decision on us, lame.
    Honestly, BMW has been playing second fiddle to porsche all along. You cant compare BMW to porsche. I will say I dont like the cayman and boxster, well I do, but I cant fit in them. Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Honestly, BMW has been playing second fiddle to porsche all along. You cant compare BMW to porsche. I will say I dont like the cayman and boxster, well I do, but I cant fit in them. Click here to enlarge
    BMW wasn't playing second fiddle to Porsche. The S54 was blowing away what Porsche put in the 996 Carrera or 4S.

The S85 was a V10 blowing Gallardo's away. I mean, BMW had some amazing motor hardware.

The M brand is just not the same any longer. I'm going to complain about it forever if need be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

yep, second fiddle...you are comparing p-car run of the mill to BMWs best of the best. Plus, the pcar is lighter. The new gen pcar is gonna be tits.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge

I think I'm going to go with a 265/30R19 and 295/30R19 Toyo R888 for stock rims. Should be AMAZING grip and they fit stock wheels!
    Please let us know how they fit. I am thinking of going to this size but with the PSS. My traction is for $#@! with the current tires.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Fundahl? Yes
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Fundahl? Yes
    I can't order them right now but it is future plan. I check the Overall width and diameter and I don't see any reason they shouldn't fit. But yes, I'll let y'all know, probably with a new thread and pictures.

Damn BMW for making the N54 such a non-"race bred", non-naturally aspirated motor. There is NO WAY it can be used in Motorsports now, therefor it will NEVER BE AN M CAR. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

yep, second fiddle...you are comparing p-car run of the mill to BMWs best of the best. Plus, the pcar is lighter. The new gen pcar is gonna be tits.
    Why can't the cheaper M3 be compared to the much more expensive Carrera and Carrera 4S which are sports cars?

The new 911 is very nice, Porsche got better and BMW slipped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I can't order them right now but it is future plan. I check the Overall width and diameter and I don't see any reason they shouldn't fit. But yes, I'll let y'all know, probably with a new thread and pictures.

Damn BMW for making the N54 such a non-"race bred", non-naturally aspirated motor. There is NO WAY it can be used in Motorsports now, therefor it will NEVER BE AN M CAR. Click here to enlarge
    Take a look in the rear passenger side wheel well, it kind of sticks out behind the tire(toward the back of the car) and it looks like the only way it is being cleared is because of the rounded edge of the ps2 tire and the fact that they are stretched. I hope I am wrong because I want to fit a larger tire also. Are the that you are getting square or rounded like the ps2?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow, on soaking wet roads at that speed....Siiick.

Love the sound.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The M3 CSL lapped the ring in 7:50. The 1M has done 8:15 I believe? Come on now.
    Watch the video. BMW set the 8:15 time. Couldn't have the 1M as fast or faster than an M3, could they? Same reason they would not include the DCT although the DCT is available with the same engine in the Z4 and 335is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To say a turbo charged car cannot be an M car is like saying a turbo charged 4 cylinder BMW engine cannot be a Grand Prix engine.

I think everyone knows that story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Watch the video. BMW set the 8:15 time. Couldn't have the 1M as fast or faster than an M3, could they? Same reason they would not include the DCT although the DCT is available with the same engine in the Z4 and 335is.
    The reason the 1M isn't as fast as the M3 is because it isn't. 25 seconds is no joke and that is just the E46 with less power than the 1M I might add. BMW didn't go to the ring to go slow with it on purpose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    To say a turbo charged car cannot be an M car is like saying a turbo charged 4 cylinder BMW engine cannot be a Grand Prix engine.

I think everyone knows that story.
    BMW M themselves used to state turbos were shortcuts and not for them. So they were wrong then but are right now? They flip flopped and sold out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

BMW M themselves used to state turbos were shortcuts and not for them. So they were wrong then but are right now? They flip flopped and sold out.
    Get used to it brotha!!!! BTW..I will bet you that the next M3 does the ring in less than 7:45....but, in your eyes, it sucks because it is turbo.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The reason the 1M isn't as fast as the M3 is because it isn't. 25 seconds is no joke and that is just the E46 with less power than the 1M I might add. BMW didn't go to the ring to go slow with it on purpose.
    Video proof that it keeps up with the CSL, which is faster than the e92...Im not sayin'....im just sayin'
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Get used to it brotha!!!! BTW..I will bet you that the next M3 does the ring in less than 7:45....but, in your eyes, it sucks because it is turbo.
    No, not at all. I'm not saying turbos suck. I'm saying M sold out. Big difference...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Video proof that it keeps up with the CSL, which is faster than the e92...Im not sayin'....im just sayin'
    Driver skill is driver skill. It doesn't keep up with the CSL until it runs 7:50, period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Maybe they did the research and found out otherwise? People / Engineers / Companies do change their mind all the time. I don't see this as a sell out, just developing for what is out there.. smaller engines, samer or more power. Just saying, maybe someone did the research, or maybe it's just a test.. and next gen they'll go back if this flops.. who knows.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Maybe they did the research and found out otherwise? People / Engineers / Companies do change their mind all the time. I don't see this as a sell out, just developing for what is out there.. smaller engines, samer or more power. Just saying, maybe someone did the research, or maybe it's just a test.. and next gen they'll go back if this flops.. who knows.
    It wasn't research, it was just MPG's and money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast