Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: 1M drifting

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    So the fact that the new M5 DESTROYS the outgoing model in every performance aspect means nothing because it has turbos?
    No, the new M5 is an M car but I told you reasons why BMW ruined M as you asked for.

    There is more to an M car than just the straightline performance or power.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    And why do you give a $#@! about M suv's? They are fast as $#@!... Porsche had a high performance SUV before BMW did, thats why BMw made it. Do you feel the same way about porsche?
    I own a Porsche SUV. I have nothing personal against the M SUV's as I really like them. The problem I have is with BMW M going back on their word. With the E53 4.6is BMW stated they would never build an M suv because it went against the principles of the M brand. They sold out their principles, that is the problem I have with it. If you remembered why the 4.6is did not receive M badging you would have already known this.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, the new M5 is an M car but I told you reasons why BMW ruined M as you asked for.

    There is more to an M car than just the straightline performance or power.
    The new M5 doesn't only excel in straight line speed, it also is fast on the ring and the Hockenheim Short, where it is faster than every BMW ever made with the exception on the M3 GTS. That tells me it can turn also. http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/hockenheim_short.html



    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I own a Porsche SUV. I have nothing personal against the M SUV's as I really like them. The problem I have is with BMW M going back on their word. With the E53 4.6is BMW stated they would never build an M suv because it went against the principles of the M brand. They sold out their principles, that is the problem I have with it. If you remembered why the 4.6is did not receive M badging you would have already known this.
    Welcome to the business world. Heaven forbid a business would ever change it business strategy...
    ​#Chuckstrong

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    The new M5 doesn't only excel in straight line speed, it also is fast on the ring and the Hockenheim Short, where it is faster than every BMW ever made with the exception on the M3 GTS. That tells me it can turn also. http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/hockenheim_short.html
    Of course it can turn and will outperform the previous generation, so? It still is much heavier than the previous generation and still has a turbo motor although at least BMW gave it some changes.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the business world. Heaven forbid a business would ever change it business strategy...
    This BMW's excuse and they can now give us less (like just some motor they have lying around *cough* N54 *cough*) and charge more for less. We lose, they win.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Of course it can turn and will outperform the previous generation, so? It still is much heavier than the previous generation and still has a turbo motor although at least BMW gave it some changes.
    Same could be said about your beloved e9x M3, no? About the weight anyway.



    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This BMW's excuse and they can now give us less (like just some motor they have lying around *cough* N54 *cough*) and charge more for less. We lose, they win.
    How do we lose, even with that "$#@!ty" motor we have been given the best M car BMW has put out in 20 years...so whats your point? I know I smile every time I take her out. Thats just me though...
    ​#Chuckstrong

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Same could be said about your beloved e9x M3, no? About the weight anyway.
    Sure, but at least it isn't as bloated as the F10.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    How do we lose, even with that "$#@!ty" motor we have been given the best M car BMW has put out in 20 years...so whats your point? I know I smile every time I take her out. Thats just me though...
    On what planet is the 1M the best M car in 20 years?

    We lose because we no longer get the best naturally aspirated motors in the world. Porsche manages to do both and cater to their enthusiasts instead of selling out. BMW forced their decision on us, lame.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

    We lose because we no longer get the best naturally aspirated motors in the world. Porsche manages to do both and cater to their enthusiasts instead of selling out. BMW forced their decision on us, lame.
    Honestly, BMW has been playing second fiddle to porsche all along. You cant compare BMW to porsche. I will say I dont like the cayman and boxster, well I do, but I cant fit in them. Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, BMW has been playing second fiddle to porsche all along. You cant compare BMW to porsche. I will say I dont like the cayman and boxster, well I do, but I cant fit in them. Click here to enlarge
    BMW wasn't playing second fiddle to Porsche. The S54 was blowing away what Porsche put in the 996 Carrera or 4S.

    The S85 was a V10 blowing Gallardo's away. I mean, BMW had some amazing motor hardware.

    The M brand is just not the same any longer. I'm going to complain about it forever if need be.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    yep, second fiddle...you are comparing p-car run of the mill to BMWs best of the best. Plus, the pcar is lighter. The new gen pcar is gonna be tits.
    ​#Chuckstrong

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge





    I think I'm going to go with a 265/30R19 and 295/30R19 Toyo R888 for stock rims. Should be AMAZING grip and they fit stock wheels!
    Please let us know how they fit. I am thinking of going to this size but with the PSS. My traction is for $#@! with the current tires.
    ​#Chuckstrong

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Fundahl? Yes
    ​#Chuckstrong

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Fundahl? Yes
    I can't order them right now but it is future plan. I check the Overall width and diameter and I don't see any reason they shouldn't fit. But yes, I'll let y'all know, probably with a new thread and pictures.

    Damn BMW for making the N54 such a non-"race bred", non-naturally aspirated motor. There is NO WAY it can be used in Motorsports now, therefor it will NEVER BE AN M CAR. Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    yep, second fiddle...you are comparing p-car run of the mill to BMWs best of the best. Plus, the pcar is lighter. The new gen pcar is gonna be tits.
    Why can't the cheaper M3 be compared to the much more expensive Carrera and Carrera 4S which are sports cars?

    The new 911 is very nice, Porsche got better and BMW slipped.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I can't order them right now but it is future plan. I check the Overall width and diameter and I don't see any reason they shouldn't fit. But yes, I'll let y'all know, probably with a new thread and pictures.

    Damn BMW for making the N54 such a non-"race bred", non-naturally aspirated motor. There is NO WAY it can be used in Motorsports now, therefor it will NEVER BE AN M CAR. Click here to enlarge
    Take a look in the rear passenger side wheel well, it kind of sticks out behind the tire(toward the back of the car) and it looks like the only way it is being cleared is because of the rounded edge of the ps2 tire and the fact that they are stretched. I hope I am wrong because I want to fit a larger tire also. Are the that you are getting square or rounded like the ps2?
    ​#Chuckstrong

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Points
    132.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow, on soaking wet roads at that speed....Siiick.

    Love the sound.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,184
    Rep Points
    6,727.6
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68



    Reputation: Yes | No
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    505
    Rep Points
    326.7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The M3 CSL lapped the ring in 7:50. The 1M has done 8:15 I believe? Come on now.
    Watch the video. BMW set the 8:15 time. Couldn't have the 1M as fast or faster than an M3, could they? Same reason they would not include the DCT although the DCT is available with the same engine in the Z4 and 335is.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    505
    Rep Points
    326.7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    To say a turbo charged car cannot be an M car is like saying a turbo charged 4 cylinder BMW engine cannot be a Grand Prix engine.

    I think everyone knows that story.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Watch the video. BMW set the 8:15 time. Couldn't have the 1M as fast or faster than an M3, could they? Same reason they would not include the DCT although the DCT is available with the same engine in the Z4 and 335is.
    The reason the 1M isn't as fast as the M3 is because it isn't. 25 seconds is no joke and that is just the E46 with less power than the 1M I might add. BMW didn't go to the ring to go slow with it on purpose.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    To say a turbo charged car cannot be an M car is like saying a turbo charged 4 cylinder BMW engine cannot be a Grand Prix engine.

    I think everyone knows that story.
    BMW M themselves used to state turbos were shortcuts and not for them. So they were wrong then but are right now? They flip flopped and sold out.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMW M themselves used to state turbos were shortcuts and not for them. So they were wrong then but are right now? They flip flopped and sold out.
    Get used to it brotha!!!! BTW..I will bet you that the next M3 does the ring in less than 7:45....but, in your eyes, it sucks because it is turbo.
    ​#Chuckstrong

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The reason the 1M isn't as fast as the M3 is because it isn't. 25 seconds is no joke and that is just the E46 with less power than the 1M I might add. BMW didn't go to the ring to go slow with it on purpose.
    Video proof that it keeps up with the CSL, which is faster than the e92...Im not sayin'....im just sayin'
    ​#Chuckstrong

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Get used to it brotha!!!! BTW..I will bet you that the next M3 does the ring in less than 7:45....but, in your eyes, it sucks because it is turbo.
    No, not at all. I'm not saying turbos suck. I'm saying M sold out. Big difference...

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Video proof that it keeps up with the CSL, which is faster than the e92...Im not sayin'....im just sayin'
    Driver skill is driver skill. It doesn't keep up with the CSL until it runs 7:50, period.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    349.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMW M themselves used to state turbos were shortcuts and not for them. So they were wrong then but are right now? They flip flopped and sold out.
    Maybe they did the research and found out otherwise? People / Engineers / Companies do change their mind all the time. I don't see this as a sell out, just developing for what is out there.. smaller engines, samer or more power. Just saying, maybe someone did the research, or maybe it's just a test.. and next gen they'll go back if this flops.. who knows.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,058
    Rep Points
    31,284.7
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Maybe they did the research and found out otherwise? People / Engineers / Companies do change their mind all the time. I don't see this as a sell out, just developing for what is out there.. smaller engines, samer or more power. Just saying, maybe someone did the research, or maybe it's just a test.. and next gen they'll go back if this flops.. who knows.
    It wasn't research, it was just MPG's and money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •