Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 135 vs 335

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

135 vs 335

So! what was your reasoning for choosing what you chose?

Also did you get a coupe 335i or a sedan?

I'm currently debating between the two and the 335i sedan has the edge because of the back seat. But in reality how often do we use our back seats? I just have a dog i'd be putting back there. So to me thats worth having a sedan vs coupe?

Give me your input!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Had a 335i sedan and sold it ultimately for a coupe. The coupe just looks better. Thats the end of the story for me. The sedan is lighter and a couple of inches shorter so presumably quicker but I don't put any weight in to that. I do think there is more room in the backseat in the coupe but it is MUCH harder to get in and out of it. The coupe backseat also sits much lower and has poor visibility. Doesn't really seem like a big deal but my 7 y.o. gets carsick in and I've had to have him ride it the front seat for long trips because of it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got a 135 becuase I hate carrying people around. "sorry we wont fit, lets take your car"
    Lighter, handles better, more flickable and cheaper. Those were my reasons. My fiance has a 328 and the car just feels much softer/bigger/smoother for obvious reasons. Friends who drove my 135 called it a go cart, which is exactly what I was going for lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Boom - Awesome review thanks! You think there's more room in the rear in the coupe? How's the trunk in the sedan vs coupe??

Laloosh - Flickable? and going from a speed3 to a 135 how would you say they compare? Most would say a speed3 is a go cart too.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joshj84 Click here to enlarge
    Boom - Awesome review thanks! You think there's more room in the rear in the coupe? How's the trunk in the sedan vs coupe??

Laloosh - Flickable? and going from a speed3 to a 135 how would you say they compare? Most would say a speed3 is a go cart too.
    flickable as that it is easier to change direction in then a 335. A speed 3 def felt like a much much bigger car, as it should. It was a 4 door hatch with tons of headroom and trunk space.

Click here to enlarge
    car was fun, but a $#@! at the same time lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'm currently debating between the two and the 335i sedan has the edge because of the back seat.
    But in reality how often do we use our back seats? I just have a dog i'd be putting back there. So to me thats worth having a sedan vs coupe?

Give me your input!
    I am pretty sure the 135 has a back seat too lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well obviously it has a backseat lol I just meant it has a bigger backseat is all on the 335i vs 135.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    I am pretty sure the 135 has a back seat too lol!
    lol if you knew how big laloosh was, his 135i essentially turns into a 3-seater.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I heard 135i actually handles worse, very jumpy etc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've heard ppl say the 135 is less stable than the 3 and they liked the 3's handling better. I think that's just preference. I've never driven a 1. Trunk space on the e90 and e92 are virtually identical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    I heard 135i actually handles worse, very jumpy etc
    I've beaten e92 M3's with it on a circuit.
    It does not feel jumpy. Only understeered in slow corners. But that was partly because of the RFT front tires.
    The E82 is very responsive to the steering wheel. There is no compelling argument to choose a E92 over an E82 handlingwise, IMHO.
    The E92 has more room for wider tires though.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Basically looks, e92 is sick, e82 is just now 2 yrs later stating to get my attention.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    lol if you knew how big laloosh was, his 135i essentially turns into a 3-seater.
    lol

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    6'6 250 and I fit just fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'm currently debating between the two and the 335i sedan has the edge because of the back seat. But in reality how often do we use our back seats? I just have a dog i'd be putting back there. So to me thats worth having a sedan vs coupe?

Give me your input!
    Both! My wife got hers first *E90* and I loved the car so much I had to have one. It didn't make sense having two sedans so I went with the coupe. Once I saw she was quicker than me stock for stock *she's a 6at* that's when I had to get the jb4. I'm like Laloosh where I don't ride anyone in my car besides my wife. As for transporting the dogs, it's much easier in the E90, my dogs will not get to ride in my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got my 135i for the following reasons:

1. More unique then 335i coupe
    2. more power to weight (200 lbs lighter)
    3. I personally find it more attractive (personal preference)

You can't really make a bad decision but those were mine when I bought my 1er.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In my lack of reading comprehension, I fail to make points about the 135...for me I didn't care for the looks for it was an E92 for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had both a 135i and 335i, put it this way:

the 135i has poor interior fit and finish (squeaky center console, a dash that deforms in the heat, popping noises from the glovebox, squeaky seat, etc.), a third brake light that keeps cracking every 10-15k miles, and those are just the common issues.

the 335i does not rattle one bit, has a less restrictive exhaust from the factory than the 1er, and arguably looks better. The brakes on the 335i are definitely a step down from the 135i though, but for my purposes, not a dealbreaker.

The 335i has a more daily-driver-friendly suspension and is less twitchy while cruising on the highway. Maybe I'm getting old but it was simply the perfect fit for me.

Going from the 1 to the 3 was a move I don't regret one bit. But hey, that's just me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I had both a 135i and 335i, put it this way:

the 135i has poor interior fit and finish (squeaky center console, a dash that deforms in the heat, popping noises from the glovebox, squeaky seat, etc.), a third brake light that keeps cracking every 10-15k miles, and those are just the common issues.

the 335i does not rattle one bit, has a less restrictive exhaust from the factory than the 1er, and arguably looks better. The brakes on the 335i are definitely a step down from the 135i though, but for my purposes, not a dealbreaker.

The 335i has a more daily-driver-friendly suspension and is less twitchy while cruising on the highway. Maybe I'm getting old but it was simply the perfect fit for me.

Going from the 1 to the 3 was a move I don't regret one bit. But hey, that's just me.
    Dude your 135i sucked! I have none of those issues you're mentioning and I'm 6'1" 220lbs. So I could make a thing or two squeak if I wanted to, I did have the break light go out once.. my interior's torn apart because of me.. wiring sh*t up.. but sounds like you got a dead beaf 135i when you had it.. Click here to enlarge
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    Dude your 135i sucked! I have none of those issues you're mentioning and I'm 6'1" 220lbs. So I could make a thing or two squeak if I wanted to, I did have the break light go out once.. my interior's torn apart because of me.. wiring sh*t up.. but sounds like you got a dead beaf 135i when you had it.. Click here to enlarge
    +1

Have had none of these issues either. Sounds like mystery got a factory gimp 1er.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 as well. My 135i is rattle, squeek and popping noise free. Well it makes popping noises when downshifting. But I really like those Click here to enlarge
    Never had any light issue at all, car is 3 years old now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm 6'3" 287lbs and i fit fine into a 1 series... but you won't fit anything but some kids in the back...

Love a 1 series... wish they made a 1M Hatchback and a 135i Hatchback too...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I love my 135i. I've had the car filled with 3 others, all around my size and weight (5'10" and 200lbs). Everyone fit comfortably although I did have to move my seat up a little. The only complaint was getting in or out and who had shotgun. Even fully loaded and spinning its tires at lights (hard launches not burnouts), the car was still beating every other vehicle on the road. I have had my 3rd break light break once and its starting to crack again but otherwise I have no complaints about the car.
    Click here to enlarge
    BMS JB4 Map5, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wondet why.your brakelight cracks. Do you have a hypothesis about that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drive both and choose the one that makes you happy. That's usually how it works. Even if the cars are very close, you generally come out of it having a gut feeling on which one is for you.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast