Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats. I believe that you have more in there without the boost tapering down. Tomaz ran almost the same with full weight and I would guess that was without the boost taper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Dzenno for breaking new ground. A lot of 335 owners can now see the huge difference between stock turbos and RB's that are supported by a proper tune for these units.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ill be going back asap. with working again, and this crazy weather, i cant say when that will be. i can say i need to get my vbox back from AK now Click here to enlarge so i can see just how fast 7.x is Click here to enlarge
    congrats dzenno...let me know Lm i can drop it off when ever or meet somewhere.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Setup:
    - COBB Stage 3 Race - on my car this is 21psi down to 18psi at redline
    - WOTBox - No lift shift configured with 100ms coil delay
    - Passenger and rear seats out - approx 140lbs lighter
    - Winter but lighter tires/wheels in the front off, summer but heavier wheels back on
    - Same 94 pump and 100% meth as before CM10+CM7

This is the same tune setup I ran last night for that 126.6mph trap, nothing changed in that department with the exception of adding the WOTBox to do proper no lift shifts...it also eliminated all the bogging i was feeling on the 3-4 shift last night AND most importantly meth stays on all the way through and boost doesn't drop like it does on a full lift shift, so basically almost if not better than a 6AT

Results are 7.79sec 60-130mph:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...sec60130-1.jpg

6.73sec 100-200kph for the metric guys:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...00200kph-1.jpg

This beats the previous best of 8.0 sec 60-130mph which didn't save. Dropping weight and having no bog helped lower the time by 0.21secs in the 60-130mph, not bad, wonder what it'll mean in the 1/4mile where there's 3 shifts...each shift used to cost me about 0.25-0.4secs depending on gear and reducing that to 0.1sec for each shift may actually turn out to be quite amazing but we'll see tomorrow Click here to enlarge

Man its such a relief to finally just drive this damn car instead of constant BS over Shiv's business practices and tune limitations LOL sorry, i had to throw that out Click here to enlarge

Oh, and the JB4 log of the run:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...30jb4log-1.jpg

Notice the gear change how fast it went, notice how boost doesn't drop at all and no timing drop after the shift...WOTBox FTW! Finally all the little goodies are finally working out
    Screen shots like this save me sooooooo much time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Irish! Click here to enlarge Come out to Cayuga with us tomorrow, I'm going with my cousin who's bringing out his retardedly expensive 2011 B7 xdrive...Kevin is also coming, should be fun....

One thing I'm really happy about is I managed to squeeze by these amazing cars (from 60-130mph section in this forum)...

7.85 - IMG / E92 M3 ESS VT2-600 / Manual / 1 shift / GRAPH
    7.86 - Maros / E46 M3 ESS SC 16 psi Built Motor/ 1 shift
    8.31 - Biglare/ E90 M3 DCT ESS VT2-575 SC / Bolt ons/ 3.62 Gears/ ESS DCT Software / 91 Pump/ 20" wheels
    8.34 - Pencilgeek /E92 M3 6MT/ RS-46 RDsport stroker w/ESS VT600 SC / Bolt ons/ 91 octane/ 1 shift (Not Verified Yet)
    8.59 – Dr Jitsu / E46 M3 BHS SC Built Motor 16 psi / SMG / MS109/ 1 shift
    8.67 - DLSJ5 / E46 M3 VFE Supercharged Stage 2 8.5psi / SMG / 3.91 gears/ MS109 / 2 shifts
    8.82 - sammyrusso / E92 M3 DCT Gintani Stage 1 SC / Bolt Ons/ HFC's / 91 octane / 2 shifts
    8.84 - RomanESS / E92 M3 VT-575 /DCT / Stock cats/ ESS DCT Software / 3 shifts/ ? (Needs to be verified)
    Feel free to add your entry in exactly this same format which I can just copy / paste in. Saves me a bunch of time and gets you on the list much faster than having me sort through everything...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    This is my first post here on bimmerboost since ive keep quiet..just learning and absorbing everything going on LOL
    No reason to feel you need to keep quiet. I don't know why so many guys don't say anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    Freakin' fast Dzenno Click here to enlarge

Same here, I'm giving nitrous a thought from time to time but always leave it since it isn't available 24/7. However, this argument is weak since there is nothing wrong to add temporary power to an already strong engine Click here to enlarge. Maybe I'll give it a shoot next year. The grip is very limited here now due to cold tarmac. 4WD FTW for some time to come.
    i'm trying to hold out for a bit longer, daytime highs are going to be 9-14C this week it seems down to 3-4C at night so not too bad just yet..having way too much fun with the car finally especially in this nice cold weather

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    +1 to all the above comments and positivity in this thread!!

This is my first post here on bimmerboost since ive keep quiet..just learning and absorbing everything going on LOL
    Anyways I had to post to say congrats Dzenno..and thanks for always keeping me entertained in the N54 world Click here to enlarge
    Hey man, no point in keeping quiet Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats. I believe that you have more in there without the boost tapering down. Tomaz ran almost the same with full weight and I would guess that was without the boost taper.
    Ya his car is running great as well it seems with the JB4...RBs are showing to be a really nice upgrade for the N54...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Dzenno for breaking new ground. A lot of 335 owners can now see the huge difference between stock turbos and RB's that are supported by a proper tune for these units.
    IMHO N54 tuning is just about to pick up speed...i have a feeling the next 6 months will bring some really great announcements for this platform, and RB turbos are definitely one of those great options...thanks to Rob Beck for his great work and commitment to bring this to the platform, otherwise I'd probably be overly tempted to play with the precious (nos)...just trying to not think about it really, otherwise, $#@! can/will go sideways lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Feel free to add your entry in exactly this same format which I can just copy / paste in. Saves me a bunch of time and gets you on the list much faster than having me sort through everything...
    done, thanks...i've added both the 1/4 an 60-130
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You will eventually go that route my friend sooner or later...Quite addictive if you ask meClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    You will eventually go that route my friend sooner or later...Quite addictive if you ask meClick here to enlarge
    Hopefully a VAC Motorsports cylinder head upgrade shows to be promising and I don't have to go that way...its just way too easy to up nozzles on a nitrous kit, that's the problem with it, abuse
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True, any form of conventional tuning will feel weak compared to the same tuning even with a small nitrous shot. I think Cn555ic has choosed the best route by being very conservative. I doubt he will not try slightly larger nozzles at some time though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully a VAC Motorsports cylinder head upgrade shows to be promising and I don't have to go that way...its just way too easy to up nozzles on a nitrous kit, that's the problem with it, abuse
    Why VAC? PAW already has a solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why VAC? PAW already has a solution.
    Or paw, but both need to show measurable/sizeable gains first instead of a pdf or excel spreadsheet graphs
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think vbox 1/4 miles are allowed.
    VAC is the closest to showing the data we want. If fuel is really not an issue anymore, the heads are on my Xmas list Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vbox 1/4 miles?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dont think race gas would do anything as timing is already maxed, though i do feel a bit of advance is still left on the table and could have ran faster uptop if increased!!.. remains to be seen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vbox 1/4 miles?
    sorry, thought you had vbox 1/4 times , forgot you had actual until i just saw my dragtimes updates Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    Dont think race gas would do anything as timing is already maxed, though i do feel a bit of advance is still left on the table and could have ran faster uptop if increased!!.. remains to be seen
    ya, maybe, we'll see

sorry, thought you had vbox 1/4 times , forgot you had actual until i just saw my dragtimes updates Click here to enlarge
    never underestimate my logging/vbox/timeslip abilities/skills lol i've never in my life had to back things up with actual logs than on these forums hehehehe but its the only way to keep things clear for everyone
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So were you going to the strip today or what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    So were you going to the strip today or what?
    for the month of november they'll be open Saturdays weather permitting, if Saturday is bad, they'll open it on Sunday weather permitting again...i wasn't planning today, went yesterday but they only had the 1/8th mile open
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey DZ, wanna try something or me? do a vbox 1/4 mile along with the 60-130. i wanna see what yours says and i can do the same with what im at right now. im just curious how they are gonna differ. im still at 17 psi and fullweight though, so i dont expect anything huge from my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok, i'll try to keep that in mind next time i'm out...

why are you at 17psi? Were you not running 20psi when you ran that 127mph? and take those seats out, no excuses Click here to enlarge mine are out since yesterday and I'm not putting them back in until November/track season ends
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, 19 psi for that 127 actually, and all seats out. later in the day i bumped to 20 psi, but trans had already been toast and went slower than than on the 19 psi run.  im trying something out incrementally and i always start low. besides, 17 is max for pump/meth for me for now

i dont have 94 octane around here anymore, so im trying to see max at 93, and then a mix getting 94. and then try some of the lower racefuels and not just ms109

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, 19 psi for that 127 actually, and all seats out. later in the day i bumped to 20 psi, but trans had already been toast and went slower than than on the 19 psi run.  im trying something out incrementally and i always start low. besides, 17 is max for pump/meth for me for now

i dont have 94 octane around here anymore, so im trying to see max at 93, and then a mix getting 94. and then try some of the lower racefuels and not just ms109
    that's a ton of boost for stock timing and RBs for sure...and you had no taper as far as I recall either...definitely take it one step at a time...i love the 60-130 runs as they really let you dial the tune in and see what works and what doesn't...its especially easy in your case with the 6AT as you can take the shifting out of the equation as you play around with boost, gas, meth nozzles/mixes...dial that $#@! in man! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey DZ, wanna try something or me? do a vbox 1/4 mile along with the 60-130. i wanna see what yours says and i can do the same with what im at right now. im just curious how they are gonna differ. im still at 17 psi and fullweight though, so i dont expect anything huge from my car.
    made dozens of tests since turbos and configuration update that I like most is 17psiClick here to enlarge

I have a few records of 19 and 20 psi with the new pump and injectors, but I think you have totune some things a little ...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast