Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Thumbs up 60-130 8.0, didn't save

Click here to enlarge

8.0, so could've been anywhere between 7.96 and 8.04, didn't save on the damn SD card...wasnt as cold tonight as when I did the 8.12 run and I used about 80-20 meth instead of 100% as I didn't have enough 100% to pour in..anyways, doesn't count but thought I'd drop it in the mix here
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Break into the 7's... now that would be nice.

Belongs in its own thread though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is an alpha Cobb RB turbo meth map with stage2+ like timing that is considerably lower than stock (10.5deg up top max I've seen), 21psi tapering to 18psi at 6k rpm 16psi at redline...1 shift...

I'm waiting on a map that runs 190 load to redline, this one tapers load past 6200-6300rpm considerably but I wanted to try it anyway...12AFR no fuel issues anywhere yet...

Once I have more boost up top and/or more timing 7s are there...if I had a close to 3% decline like Mr.5 and Defactom6 on e90 I'd already be in there but nothing like that in this part of the woods

7s on pump meth and full weight (all seats in) is my goal at the moment and for sure if I pull it off it'll have it's own brand spanking new thread Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very impressive. Now when will cobb be able to do that without the assistance of the JB4?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's what this was, no JB4 involvement I only used it for gauges...I wouldn't run this without an eye on meth flow and some sort of failsafe on a regular basis but I did do a bunch of no meth pulls just pump 94 and timing wasn't terrible at all because it's set to run a very conservative timing curve to begin with...

Tuning isn't final yet..waiting on a higher top end load map from Cobb this week...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    That's what this was, no JB4 involvement I only used it for gauges...I wouldn't run this without an eye on meth flow and some sort of failsafe on a regular basis but I did do a bunch of no meth pulls just pump 94 and timing wasn't terrible at all because it's set to run a very conservative timing curve to begin with...

Tuning isn't final yet..waiting on a higher top end load map from Cobb this week...
    Oh wow, thats awesome.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Great work, be safe out there.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

FYI, A dark side forum post by Shiv says that if you shift real quick the traditional way, you are even quicker than NLS. But for an average shifter NLS would help...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love your commitment.

It may be time to put bigger turbos and change the power band.

Why dont you go bigger turbo(s)?

That will be the easiest way to get you into 5-6 seconds range.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    I love your commitment.

It may be time to put bigger turbos and change the power band.

Why dont you go bigger turbo(s)?

That will be the easiest way to get you into 5-6 seconds range.
    For now this is plenty as there's no other option available to the N54...direct injection FTL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks great. What is the record for N54? Need to get my ass in gear soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice time. It will be nice to see what you can do with the more aggressive tune, raised boost, and lol the max allowable decline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For now this is plenty as there's no other option available to the N54...direct injection FTL
    Its called nitrous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Looks great. What is the record for N54? Need to get my ass in gear soon.
    The current vbox verified record is 6.95secs held by hotrod done on his former 335i coupe with the JB3/nitrous and really scary AFRs (18 at certain places)...on the sedan at the moment he's got a 7.28sec best with the JB4 with a lot better naws integration ...race gas and weight reduction (some or all seats out and Koseis all around, stock catback and stock intercooler)...stock turbos

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Nice time. It will be nice to see what you can do with the more aggressive tune, raised boost, and lol the max allowable decline.
    Thanks...should be fun...nothing better than a 1% decline I could find, sucks, but it keeps my times more in line with the rest of the times that didn't go for crazy decline...leaves room for me to say $#@! like "now imagine what it'd on a 3% decline" lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its called nitrous.
    Hey did you get your wetshot working? Any updates on that?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey did you get your wetshot working? Any updates on that?
    Its working fine. I am now only activating it at around 5500rpm once the car is past the massive midrange torque the turbos produce. Slippage on box is getting worse now so will have to commit soon to getting it sorted. I am in the 6's easily with a small .34 jet, just need to get a decent run in and verify it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its working fine. I am now only activating it at around 5500rpm once the car is past the massive midrange torque the turbos produce. Slippage on box is getting worse now so will have to commit soon to getting it sorted. I am in the 6's easily with a small .34 jet, just need to get a decent run in and verify it.
    Are you running it with the procede or with the flash? Any logs you could share showing your boost/timing/afr?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is there any sort of correction available for these slopes? a -3% slope vs a 0 slope can equate to a huge variance. I wouldn't be surprised if those 9.0 runs with a -2.8% slope turn into 9.6 runs on a 0 slope.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Is there any sort of correction available for these slopes? a -3% slope vs a 0 slope can equate to a huge variance. I wouldn't be surprised if those 9.0 runs with a -2.8% slope turn into 9.6 runs on a 0 slope.
    decline obviously helps but i think we should just accept the rules and not start arguments about anyone's results...some guys are just lucky to have a nice decline that's all...others will just need to work their cars harder a bit to achieve the same results, or go below sea level or find a place with some tail wind...lol really in the end, the best thing here is that people concentrate on racing their cars more instead of bickering with nuthuggers about intakes and $#@!ty AFRs...i really just enjoy way more talking about stuff that just works well for me on my car and recommending it to others out there who're interested instead of getting certain tOOners to admit into something they'll never do and i say $#@! 'em...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you running it with the procede or with the flash? Any logs you could share showing your boost/timing/afr?
    I alternate between the two with similar results. I do not share logs to avoid getting involved in the arguments. The only advantage I have found with the flash is that the gearbox shifts are far crispier. There is a relation between the torque the DME sees and what the gearbox does in terms of shift speed.
    With the Procede using conventional maps no extra tuning was required and the ignition stays similar to when off nitrous.
    In terms of the Procede I am on Rev2 and am soon upgrading to Rev2.5. I have not really seen the AFR incidences on the gear changes that you report. I scope the pistons on average every 1000km as we are looking for stress over time and there is no indication that there is anything amiss tuning wise. I am one of the people that are of the opinion that you can run much leaner with the DI. My own research has shown that overfueling affects the ignition process dramatically. It would be good for you to spend some time studying the ignition process of a DI system and see exactly what is happening to the fuel and where in the combustion chamber. Most interesting is what occurs when there is too much fuel. What could be possible is that the "safety" AFR on a DI motor might be far higher than conventionally injected motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! I helped Hotrod reconnect his nitrous wiring last night. I predict more 7 second runs for the community soon. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I alternate between the two with similar results. I do not share logs to avoid getting involved in the arguments. The only advantage I have found with the flash is that the gearbox shifts are far crispier. There is a relation between the torque the DME sees and what the gearbox does in terms of shift speed.
    With the Procede using conventional maps no extra tuning was required and the ignition stays similar to when off nitrous.
    In terms of the Procede I am on Rev2 and am soon upgrading to Rev2.5. I have not really seen the AFR incidences on the gear changes that you report. I scope the pistons on average every 1000km as we are looking for stress over time and there is no indication that there is anything amiss tuning wise. I am one of the people that are of the opinion that you can run much leaner with the DI. My own research has shown that overfueling affects the ignition process dramatically. It would be good for you to spend some time studying the ignition process of a DI system and see exactly what is happening to the fuel and where in the combustion chamber. Most interesting is what occurs when there is too much fuel. What could be possible is that the "safety" AFR on a DI motor might be far higher than conventionally injected motors.
    Interesting comment to say the least...can you share what you did to study the ignition process of a DI system to see what exactly is happening to the fuel and where in the combustion chamber? Really not sure what you mean/could've done there with a borescope...i have one handy and can easily look in there but IMO if there hasn't been any severe damage/detonation in there there won't be much to see...in any case, you've got my curiosity up for sure and I'll definitely peak in there soon Click here to enlarge

Its a known fact that AFR on DI can run leaner than port injection...from what you have seen/done with your car and your tuner what is your opinion on the AFR curve with everything you have currently on the car...what AFR do you target in low/mid/top range and do you modify it from one gear to the next?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Nice! I helped Hotrod reconnect his nitrous wiring last night. I predict more 7 second runs for the community soon. Click here to enlarge
    not 6sec? Click here to enlarge why did he have to rewire it?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not 6sec? Click here to enlarge why did he have to rewire it?
    I think his best with this car is 7.20? He's had it all removed and we changed around the JB4 output for the nitrous signal. So when he reinstalled it couldn't get it to turn on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think his best with this car is 7.20? He's had it all removed and we changed around the JB4 output for the nitrous signal. So when he reinstalled it couldn't get it to turn on.
    Ah ok...i think he got a 7.28...every millisecond matters at this point lol
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast