Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Another what's next for me thread...

I saw Xclone's thread and I didn't want to jack it but I was curious as to what I should do next. I've been looking into trading my car actually but nothing in my price range seems to spark my interest. I thought about a CTS-V for a long time, but a friend of mine, who's a mechanic at the local Caddy dealer, said that they aren't built all that well and especially not like a BMW so the headache wouldn't be worth it for me to trade up. Then I looked at the IS-F but honestly, the car is still pretty new and the mods don't seem like they do much for that car (Guess Terry spoiled me haha). But I've decided to just keep the 5 and enjoy the work I've put into it. So basically at this point I've done: DCI, JB4 (Map 3, which I still need to fix >_<), AR C@tless DP's, exhaust, and meth. I don't really know where to go from here. I read on N54tech that a fabbed FMIC was actually detrimental to temps. I think logically, for performance, would be a good engine clean (have no idea how/where/what to get done, but reading LM's stuff about his was pretty informative), new turbos (probably RB, if I can scrounge the cash together), or KW V2's or V3's. Other than that for me I think it would be exterior/looks mods. I've been wanting to get HID/xenon lights all around the car and a new body kit but I feel like that stuff isn't as important to me. What do you guys think would be a good list of steps to take next to push my car to the next level? Any input would help. Thanks guys! I'm waiting eagerly for your replies!! Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Light weight rims and some sticky tires.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    Light weight rims and some sticky tires.
    Hmmm any recommendations on where I should start looking (companies at least). Can't seem to find a good looking light rim that I like on my car...lol

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I got a Bilstein+Eibach set from e-parts.co.uk. Main reason was that the stock sport chassies still is to soft in the rear and I want to start tracking the car (european tracks the twisty ones).

I havent lost any comfort but the car is much firmer and feels a ton more reliable during cornering.

I think there has been reports of the KW's having quality issues and here in Sweden we spray salt on the roads every winter.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It's up to you really but you seem to be all over the place. Do you intend to keep the car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha I was all over the place...I had a decent chance of getting a trade in but things fell through at the last minute due to some family business issues. But the more and more I learn about cars, the more and more I seem to fall in love with my car...it's a pretty awesome car with everything I really want except the lack of parts for it but I seem to get what I need so far. So, haha to answer your question, yes I plan on keeping my car. It's kind of a toss up between all the things, but I would really like to get the new turbos as the next upgrade but it would be a while until I get that money...do you guys think RB turbos or upgraded turbos in general are worth it for me? I don't plan on tracking my car on a regular basis, I just want something REALLY good on the street! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

If you want more power than yes, upgraded turbos are something you should look into.

You still aren't running meth right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah I am, I just haven't had a chance to fix a small issue with it not staying on during WOT...I need to run logs for my car and send them over to Terry but it's been homecoming for a bunch of colleges around here back to back so cops EVERYWHERE, haven't had a chance to do some good WOT pulls...but I found a place with a dyno near my parents house and they charge 75 per pull so I might get it done there and then go back and get a serious 100% meth dyno pull going.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

have you driven a CTS-V and closely looked at all of its intricacies?....granted SOME of the build stuff like maybe parts of the interior arent exactly up to par but mechanically that thing is a pretty stout car....ive done TONS of research on it and have spoken to dozens of people about their V2 cts-vs and the car gets nothing but praise for the most...plus that thing handles like a dream....im picking one up in march and turning it into a 9-10sec car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Looking for light weight rims that look good (at least in my opinion) then you can try Alloy Technic. They have forged wheels that are 20's and weigh around 20-22lbs. They will not be cheap though.

http://alloytechnic.com/

B9:

Click here to enlarge

Mesh:

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by sr20seb; 10-24-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Click here to enlarge