Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Gonna run some 60-130 times and see how it goes, wanna make sure my engine is delivering
    One thing I remember seeing in your logs a while back when Shiv added fuel trim logging support was that your trims were a lot lower than both mine and Shiv's on ASR turbos...I actually mentioned it to him and we both thought that something wasn't right as at 15psi on pump gas your trims should be maxed (33.9%) and on meth down to 15-20%...yours were only about +10% and NEGATIVE on meth indicating something where the engine didn't use as much fuel as it did on ours given power levels...ask him about it, but he'll probably just tell you to change your o2 sensors or something stupid like that and then talk behind your back to someone else...I love that guy as you know lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i would personally stay away from E85 if the car is not made to run it . Any boaters here know the reason why . Ethanol cleans the fuel system which in turn picks up all debris and oxidization and has a dendency to clog things . Especially if there is a little bit of moisture or water in any line it can cause the ethanol to seperate from the gas and create globs which once again picks everything up and clogs fuel lines .
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    One thing I remember seeing in your logs a while back when Shiv added fuel trim logging support was that your trims were a lot lower than both mine and Shiv's on ASR turbos...I actually mentioned it to him and we both thought that something wasn't right as at 15psi on pump gas your trims should be maxed (33.9%) and on meth down to 15-20%...yours were only about +10% and NEGATIVE on meth indicating something where the engine didn't use as much fuel as it did on ours given power levels...ask him about it, but he'll probably just tell you to change your o2 sensors or something stupid like that and then talk behind your back to someone else...I love that guy as you know lol
    trims will not necessarily match per car/mods. I have to drastically alter my OL table with each map to see positive trims. Hardware differences and BMW software have a lot to do with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    You need more E85 to mix with the air volume which stays constant. 1 molecule of E85 needs 9 molecules of air. This is due to energy potential, HC structure. AFR and fuel volume are really 2 separate tuning parameters.

A WB calculates resistance of the unburned A/F mixture, which is based on available or lack of O2 in the exhaust. Stoich at 14.7:1 or 9:1 will give the same voltage potential across the WB contacts.

Sorry, I may not be the best at explaining.
    Great and valuable information Click here to enlarge Have you verified yourself this is the case?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i was going to just pass on commenting here as i am not a n54 guy, and most of the technical info you are saying is true. But you are making a fatal mistake saying that you can just add e85 to a car that was not tuned for it and your going to be okay, that is wrong!!!!!!!!!!! Stoich does matter and it will be out of its afr target on the n54 you will lean out on wot and detonate! You have to tune for e85!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^ Thats what I always thought as well which is why I was confused the n54Tech guys were doing it for a while and being fine... I know you can add meth and NOT tune for it and it'll be fine but to get any real advantage you should tune it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    Great and valuable information Click here to enlarge Have you verified yourself this is the case?
    I'm just speaking theory and have not tested personally.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    i was going to just pass on commenting here as i am not a n54 guy, and most of the technical info you are saying is true. But you are making a fatal mistake saying that you can just add e85 to a car that was not tuned for it and your going to be okay, that is wrong!!!!!!!!!!! Stoich does matter and it will be out of its afr target on the n54 you will lean out on wot and detonate! You have to tune for e85!
    Can you explain? Lean run is a very real possibility, BUT not due to WB readings and closed loop control (if i'm wrong, please explain). If you ran lean it would show in the WB measurements and most likely this would be due to fuel trims being maxed. Its also possible that there's a fuel volume calc based on the WB feedback which could cause shortage of fuel... not sure.

But for WB readings, it doesn't matter the fuel that is used. But again please explain otherwise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am interested of what actually happens with the DME fuel delivery when one adds some 30% E85. I tried it several times and the car runs great with some E85 in the tank.

Since Dzenno's COBB testing seems to suggest that the DME can add more fuel, more than the piggy's can at least, maybe the DME can add the extra fuel needed when ones substitutes gas for ethanol like this? Because one needs more fuel using E85 (some 30% more I think) but if one adds 30% E85 to the gas mix I assume the DME then only needs to inject some 16% more fuel mix to keep all things equal?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    I am interested of what actually happens with the DME fuel delivery when one adds some 30% E85. I tried it several times and the car runs great with some E85 in the tank.

Since Dzenno's COBB testing seems to suggest that the DME can add more fuel, more than the piggy's can at least, maybe the DME can add the extra fuel needed when ones substitutes gas for ethanol like this? Because one needs more fuel using E85 (some 30% more I think) but if one adds 30% E85 to the gas mix I assume the DME then only needs to inject some 16% more fuel mix to keep all things equal?
    To be fair until I can run the same power on Cobb only as I did on a piggy I'll say keep that claim with a grain of salt...I am fairly confident there's more fuel available with the flash approach as I've seen 11AFR flat logs, posted here, at 19-20psi here on stock timing boost upped using jb4 and fuel flashed instead of handled by the piggy...we'll see

On another note my water pump has been acting up for the last three months and finally gave out yesterday so I'll need to replace that Monday...

110,000km on the car now and running stronger than ever...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12